Pixel Art Terraria Spriting Carnival 2

update with axes
New Piskel (76) (7).png

Cosmo Palate.png
Cosmilash.png
Flail Palate.png
Flail.png
Here's some practice palates with their items since I want to get better at those (If you've got any tips for how to get better at palates, let me know)

Grand Finale.png
And here's an Exo Weapon called the Grand Finale I made for someone on the Calamity discord, decided it would be good design practice

View attachment 214084 View attachment 214085 View attachment 214087 View attachment 214086 Here's some practice palates with their items since I want to get better at those (If you've got any tips for how to get better at palates, let me know)

View attachment 214083 And here's an Exo Weapon called the Grand Finale I made for someone on the Calamity discord, decided it would be good design practice
One thing I’ve noticed with your sprites is that your shading is very noisy. Try to work on making bigger, less jagged clusters, rather than lots of broken highlights and individual pixels of a color. Don’t forget that you don’t have to fit every color in for the sake of fitting colors in. Learning to work with 3-4 color palettes is what helped me move away from noise/banding/pillow shading, and I think it could help you too

One thing I’ve noticed with your sprites is that your shading is very noisy. Try to work on making bigger, less jagged clusters, rather than lots of broken highlights and individual pixels of a color. Don’t forget that you don’t have to fit every color in for the sake of fitting colors in. Learning to work with 3-4 color palettes is what helped me move away from noise/banding/pillow shading, and I think it could help you too

Altar.png
So I should just practice with simple things like this?

The small blue box in the middle between the two grey parts feels a bit noisy, maybe remove those details inside it. Also, the part that connects the blue tip of the barrel to the rest of the gun is a bit cluttered, maybe you could turn it into two parts instad of three, or maybe remove the light blue details.

SO TO THOSE OF YOU WHO COMMENT ON MY POSTS ABOUT THEM BEING REALLY BIG, IM PLANNING ON MAKING MY SPRITES BIGGER FOR NOW BECAUSE I JUST STARTED MAKING SPRITES NOT TO LONG AGO SO IT MAKES IT EASIER TO DO IF THEY ARE BIGGER SO JUST A LITTLE NOTE FOR IN THE NEAR FUTURE. I DO APPRECIATE THE FEEDBACK THOUGH!

SO TO THOSE OF YOU WHO COMMENT ON MY POSTS ABOUT THEM BEING REALLY BIG, IM PLANNING ON MAKING MY SPRITES BIGGER FOR NOW BECAUSE I JUST STARTED MAKING SPRITES NOT TO LONG AGO SO IT MAKES IT EASIER TO DO IF THEY ARE BIGGER SO JUST A LITTLE NOTE FOR IN THE NEAR FUTURE. I DO APPRECIATE THE FEEDBACK THOUGH!
That’s the opposite of what you should do- this will lead to mixels or resizing issues. It’s much better to start learning to work small, or you’ll just make the same mistakes over and over again. If you want to make a big sprite don’t resize something to 3x or 4x size and draw over it, instead learn how to detail and make interesting large sprites in 1x1.

Tldr don’t make things big for the sake of them being big. It won’t actually help you in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom