Pixel Art Terraria Spriting Carnival 2

NebulaSphere.gif

Small test animation
Flowers of nebula.png

And some sprite I made for fun

Last edited:
Guy, it really seems terraria style didn't fit your art style, holy jesus thats amazing.
Ok, so I want to show my recent project that I'm making for a guy that requested me on discord a toxic hellhound, here's the progress :)
View attachment 136590
Criticism on the small toxic liquid on the ground if you can help me out with that, @drain. would you be so generous to come here? :)

tbh its been a super long time since the last time i've ever done pixel art but ill try anyways

It reads to me like goop, rather than liquid, because the feet being almost perpendicular give the impression that the "liquid" has form and is upright. This can be fixed by raising the leg up a bit. Raising the leg, you do need to tweak more things, like the perspective of the spine, head and thighs, but that's relatively easy.

Untitled-1.gif

Also, I'm not a fan of dithering for the sake of dithering. I use dithering to add texture or ease transitions in color if there are restrictions and there's too much contrast between the two shade. Dithering here is not needed because it does not add texture nor does it ease the transition between the colors because the colors don't really have that much contrast.

tbh its been a super long time since the last time i've ever done pixel art but ill try anyways

It reads to me like goop, rather than liquid, because the feet being almost perpendicular give the impression that the "liquid" has form and is upright. This can be fixed by raising the leg up a bit. Raising the leg, you do need to tweak more things, like the perspective of the spine, head and thighs, but that's relatively easy.

View attachment 136757

Also, I'm not a fan of dithering for the sake of dithering. I use dithering to add texture or ease transitions in color if there are restrictions and there's too much contrast between the two shade. Dithering here is not needed because it does not add texture nor does it ease the transition between the colors because the colors don't really have that much contrast.
Thank you for the criticism, but I didn't use the dithering to add texture at all, I used because i wanted to reduce the highlights on the body, so it doesn't feels as it was skin, as that wasn't my objective here, though I stull wanted it to look like it reflected a good amount of light.

Metals are highly reflective and will mirror any surface you put it on.

2IxnXCj.png

I remember making this study a few months ago. It basically goes shine > base color > shadow > base color. It's bright, become dark, then becomes bright again.
So basically I should put dark colors near bright colors to give a feel of the reflectiveness of metals?

@drain. not sure if removing the effect of the toxic goop would have been right for the thing, I'll keep the dithering as I feel it doesn't really affect in a bad way the pixel art, so, is it better now?
Toxic Hellhound edited.png

:)well... I didn't start from scratch... I had the spectre tool color palette to work with (turns out I'm not good with making colors). The sprite actualy started out as a bad recolor of an existing sword, but now I think it looks almost nothing like how it started. (If anyone could guess what sword it's started as you get a virtual cookie;))
2 years late, but it's based on the Palladium Sword

Im just still a begginer with this (i had problems with the handle of the sword)
An robot mob
And an robot sword or something

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 141
Back
Top Bottom