Pixel Art Terraria Spriting Carnival 2

...yeah no I’m not doing this for years but I guess I’ll practice... just kidding I’ll definitely practice:)
Also how does one quote

And I’m serious about the years thing I’m not good at art period let alone spriting with a terrible app on the phone
Sorry about the double post I’m new on TCF

And I’m serious about the years thing I’m not good at art period let alone spriting with a terrible app on the phone
Sorry about the double post I’m new on TCF
That's alright. To quote a comment, just click the "Reply" button down on the bottom right corner of a comment. And you can edit your comments by clicking "Edit" in the bottom left of one of your comments.

And yeah, it can be a bit discouraging to hear that practice is really the only thing you can do to get better. Just stick with it as long as you want, and you'll just naturally get better. Seeing how other people do things can help as well. Just look at other sprites that are similar to what you want to make and see how they do things like outlines and shading, and try to imitate them.

I give you god knows what ball of something
And I’m not discouraged I’m just not interested in spriting I like looking at other people’s sprites:)
EDIT: made the ball of something into the menacing ball of DEATH and destruction !! :p and it’s summoned with whatever the heck the other thing was

Attachments

• 58AFC4D0-6919-4A3D-81A6-EA452E1CD0A3.png
    58AFC4D0-6919-4A3D-81A6-EA452E1CD0A3.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 174
  • 6B7BCE7D-3B3F-4B59-BFA2-B5FBE5B9320A.png
    6B7BCE7D-3B3F-4B59-BFA2-B5FBE5B9320A.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
And also how the LIVING HECK are you guys so good at this that was difficult to make
It's definitely a hard thing to do. I would recommend to never lose hope, talk to @Jack Morgan, and study other people's sprites, learn from them, and eventually make your own.
Saris, Eternal night.png
I made this not too long ago, but still close to a 8 months after I started learning, it could still use lots of work though! Good luck anyways man.

IMPROVEMENT now it is a ruby tier sumernor weapon
Not the box of corse the little staff thing at the beginning
EDIT: MORE IMPROVEMENT updated the staff

Attachments

• 7FA974CC-79E3-4BF1-B41D-E7788D68114B.png
    7FA974CC-79E3-4BF1-B41D-E7788D68114B.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 164
  • 2E452FF1-F9B7-433B-A938-B560C8F55354.png
    2E452FF1-F9B7-433B-A938-B560C8F55354.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
I have made this basic Uranium set, which is supposed to be just after EoC, so not very complicated. (Note: The prong thing is a staff, and the gear is a chakram)
I am looking for constructive criticisms to improve.

UraniumCrossbow.png
UraniumHammer.png
UraniumAxe.png
UraniumSpear.png
UraniumStar.png
UraniumSword.png
UraniumPick.png
UraniumIngot.png
UraniumStaff.png

All good things, all good things, (definitely better than mine) basically I’m bad at this stuff and you’re all doing AMAZING comparatively to mine. :D
My favorites.png

Yeah, independent spriters can make some LEGENDARY things, I mean look at all of some of the coolest things I've found. I made this so I could have inspiration and colors to make my own things, but I feel like sharing it with new spriters might help them with the same problems I made this to (help) solve. I hope this helps all the new spriters that see this and helps see what you can create with a little bit of determination.

Disclaimer: NONE of this is mine, ALL of this belongs to independent spriters and/or other games, such as Terraria, Starbound, Final fantasy, and Hyperlight Drifter. I have no claim to this and have simply copied this to help me create my own things instead of relying on other sprites to make my own.

List:
First = sets
Second = bosses
Third = Ncps, enemies, and misc
Fourth = magical items
Fifth = Melee weapons
Sixth = Guns
Seventh = Bows/crossbows
Eighth = armors

View attachment 189687
Yeah, independent spriters can make some LEGENDARY things, I mean look at all of some of the coolest things I've found. I made this so I could have inspiration and colors to make my own things, but I feel like sharing it with new spriters might help them with the same problems I made this to (help) solve. I hope this helps all the new spriters that see this and helps see what you can create with a little bit of determination.

Disclaimer: NONE of this is mine, ALL of this belongs to independent spriters and/or other games, such as Terraria, Starbound, Final fantasy, and Hyperlight Drifter. I have no claim to this and have simply copied this to help me create my own things instead of relying on other sprites to make my own.

List:
First = sets
Second = bosses
Third = Ncps, enemies, and misc
Fourth = magical items
Fifth = Melee weapons
Sixth = Guns
Seventh = Bows/crossbows
Eighth = armors

Dude you really spend time to recopilate every item, get my like good man

I’m definitely improving and no duh it’s WIP but so far I’m pretty happy about it

Attachments

• 4CB5E5E2-9E85-42EC-81D5-FB2E30C70B96.png
    4CB5E5E2-9E85-42EC-81D5-FB2E30C70B96.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 178
OMG YES! My dye color palette is on there!

EDIT: Also, if you are on Eli, will you give me some advice on how to make the set look better?

I have made this basic Uranium set, which is supposed to be just after EoC, so not very complicated. (Note: The prong thing is a staff, and the gear is a chakram)
I am looking for constructive criticisms to improve.

View attachment 189642 View attachment 189643 View attachment 189645 View attachment 189644 View attachment 189647 View attachment 189648 View attachment 189649 View attachment 189646 View attachment 189650
The designs are simple, though that isn't necessarily a bad thing. The repeater just seems like a recolor, remove the outline shading because it's inconsistent near some areas, keep a consistent lightsource throughtout the set. The bar doesn't fit in with the vanilla ones well.The trident/spear should be shaper looking in general. Avoid tapering that sword because it just looks weird when the end is very long.

Back
Top Bottom