Pixel Art Terraria Spriting Carnival 2

question, is it ok for me to base one of my sprites from another sprite from a mod, as long as it's not the exact same thing, but uses ideas from it?

BigSwordNumberOne.png

my first few drawings! i did them a few hours ago
[doublepost=1549970478,1549970419][/doublepost]1. black bolt 2. irrelevant worm 3. fire axe

Attachments

• pixil-gif-drawing (1).gif
    pixil-gif-drawing (1).gif
    13 KB · Views: 117
  • pixil-gif-drawing.gif
    pixil-gif-drawing.gif
    30.6 KB · Views: 110
  • pixilart-drawing.png
    pixilart-drawing.png
    521 bytes · Views: 116
Tada (Also, if people are wondering, it's not supposed to be 100% metal shading, so don't worry)

View attachment 217133

Looks Great!

Although.. Since you said that it's supposed to have metal shading, I guess I'll share my thoughts as to if it got that kind of shading.
First, I believe that the shading is a bit "soft"
And what I mean by that is that it's a bit lacking in the intensive shading.
Usually, when making something out of a material, the shading is supposed to complement that.
However, the feeling that I get when looking at that doesn't really signify that it is made out of metal at all. (other than the lower part of the arms.)
So maybe you should try intensive shading(Shading where the difference in colors are very drastic)
Other than that, I like it!

upload_2019-2-22_8-41-6.png

Btw, what exactly is that though?

Looks Great!

Although.. Since you said that it's supposed to have metal shading, I guess I'll share my thoughts as to if it got that kind of shading.
First, I believe that the shading is a bit "soft"
And what I mean by that is that it's a bit lacking in the intensive shading.
Usually, when making something out of a material, the shading is supposed to complement that.
However, the feeling that I get when looking at that doesn't really signify that it is made out of metal at all. (other than the lower part of the arms.)
So maybe you should try intensive shading(Shading where the difference in colors are very drastic)
Other than that, I like it!

View attachment 217140
Btw, what exactly is that though?
It's not really supposed to be 100% metal, so that's why the metal shading is kinda muted, I'm probably gonna come back and work on it later, as I've been making it for a while now. Thanks for the feedback though! (Also, it's a boss I'm making for a game)

Back
Top Bottom