Terraria: State of the Game (11/8/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings, Terrarians!

We hope that you’re enjoying the latest patch for Xbox One & PlayStation 4. As promised, we want to provide you with a quick monthly status update on all platforms.

PS4 & Xbox One
View attachment 212778

As alluded to in the previous state of the game post there’s some technical housekeeping that Pipeworks are in the process of completing. This includes a Unity Engine update and some platform-specific PlayStation/Xbox Development Kit software updates. These perhaps aren’t as interesting as prior updates, but they do provide much-needed under-the-hood work that will remove development bottlenecks to keep things running smoothly moving forward.

Along with that, we’ve been monitoring bugs and issues coming in from the wild. Those have been collected and we’re in the process of prioritizing them with our partners at 505 Games. Once we have additional information on which issues will be addressed we’ll let you know. Just know that your reports and feedback is being reviewed. We want you to know that loud and clear! Keep it coming.

As you saw from @Cenx's twitter picture just a week or so ago (https://twitter.com/Cennxx/status/1054807176869527554), Switch is real and Redigit has had it in his hands! It’s been a really great month production wise – and we’ve had great fun reviewing the milestone with touch functionality integrated.

The next production milestone is going to be focused on Re-Logic feedback on the UI and the implementation of features we have requested.

We think the build looks and feels great. Terraria really feels at home on Switch and we are starting to see the benefits emerge from having a unified codebase. There’s still a lot of work left to do, but the team is happy where things are at right now – still looking good for that 2019 launch.

Just as with Switch, seeing is believing on this, so that’s what we are working towards. More news on this soon.

As you all know 1.3.6 is heavily in development for PC. We have added many new features and mechanics, hired several part time programmers from the mod community, and significantly added to the soundtrack of the game!We are very excited to announce the most recent edition to Terraria; Blood Moon Fishing! During Blood Moons you will now be able to fish up disgusting new monsters for a chance at new loot related to the Blood Moon! Below you will see a new work-in-progress enemy you can expect to see.

I cant wait for more mobile news

We hope that you’re enjoying the latest patch for Xbox One & PlayStation 4. As promised, we want to provide you with a quick monthly status update on all platforms.

PS4 & Xbox One
View attachment 212778

As alluded to in the previous state of the game post there’s some technical housekeeping that Pipeworks are in the process of completing. This includes a Unity Engine update and some platform-specific PlayStation/Xbox Development Kit software updates. These perhaps aren’t as interesting as prior updates, but they do provide much-needed under-the-hood work that will remove development bottlenecks to keep things running smoothly moving forward.

Along with that, we’ve been monitoring bugs and issues coming in from the wild. Those have been collected and we’re in the process of prioritizing them with our partners at 505 Games. Once we have additional information on which issues will be addressed we’ll let you know. Just know that your reports and feedback is being reviewed. We want you to know that loud and clear! Keep it coming.

Will Xbox One and ps4 get the pc stuff that we couldn’t get or not because I am confused and I don’t want to sound like a idiot​

As a Switch user I definitely agree that Terraria would be at home with he console. I can’t wait until it comes out! Thanks for keeping us updated :D

Man I haven't been on here in ages. I wanted to say I have a very game breaking bug at the moment. Anytime I try to create a new world, it loads forever and freezes. So I can't make any new worlds. Anyone know a fix?

Hey hope you’re having a happy new year but my update will not load and update so my game is stuck on the update screen even after leaving it for a couple hours where the progress hasn’t moved at all

Greetings, Terrarians!

PS4 & Xbox One
View attachment 212778

As you saw from @Cenx's twitter picture just a week or so ago (https://twitter.com/Cennxx/status/1054807176869527554), Switch is real and Redigit has had it in his hands! It’s been a really great month production wise – and we’ve had great fun reviewing the milestone with touch functionality integrated.

The next production milestone is going to be focused on Re-Logic feedback on the UI and the implementation of features we have requested.

We think the build looks and feels great. Terraria really feels at home on Switch and we are starting to see the benefits emerge from having a unified codebase. There’s still a lot of work left to do, but the team is happy where things are at right now – still looking good for that 2019 launch.

Just as with Switch, seeing is believing on this, so that’s what we are working towards. More news on this soon.

As you all know 1.3.6 is heavily in development for PC. We have added many new features and mechanics, hired several part time programmers from the mod community, and significantly added to the soundtrack of the game!We are very excited to announce the most recent edition to Terraria; Blood Moon Fishing! During Blood Moons you will now be able to fish up disgusting new monsters for a chance at new loot related to the Blood Moon! Below you will see a new work-in-progress enemy you can expect to see.

Please can you continue updating the 3ds version of terraria? That piranha gun glitch is still not fixed and the music bug the patch notes said not YET fixed for the gun

Please can you continue updating the 3ds version of terraria? That piranha gun glitch is still not fixed and the music bug the patch notes said not YET fixed for the gun
Unfortunately, we aren't able to update 3DS any longer due to the hardwares limitations

@Safeman @Loki I am sure the question has been asked before and is in constant change to to prioritization of fixes and new content.

With that said do we have a target goal for an update on the Xbox and Playstation regarding upgrading the game past 1.3.0?

I know that you guys might not have that answer as of now or even if you do might not be able to share that information. But are you guys able to confirm that it is being worked on?

@Safeman @Loki I am sure the question has been asked before and is in constant change to to prioritization of fixes and new content.

With that said do we have a target goal for an update on the Xbox and Playstation regarding upgrading the game past 1.3.0?

I know that you guys might not have that answer as of now or even if you do might not be able to share that information. But are you guys able to confirm that it is being worked on?
Pretty sure the current priority is releasing the Switch edition and 1.3 mobile, and then future console updates come after that.

Do we have a target date for the switch and mobile version?
I wouldn't get your hopes up. They are obviously prioritising the XBox and PS4 versions. These create more revenue. The Switch version is likely to be much more expensive, buggy and poorly supported. I'm waiting since 2017. I am looking forward to playing it on the switch but I have no faith in 505 Games. Absolutely terrible customer relations.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. They are obviously prioritising the XBox and PS4 versions. These create more revenue. The Switch version is likely to be much more expensive, buggy and poorly supported. I'm waiting since 2017. I am looking forward to playing it on the switch but I have no faith in 505 Games. Absolutely terrible customer relations.
They have said multiple, MULTIPLE times that Switch and mobile are being prioritized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom