Terraria: State of the Game (9/14/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Надеюсь баг с черной одеждой в мобильной версии уберут, а то любовь моя к черной одежде угаснет... для мобильной версии.

honestly im not sure mobile 1.3 will be relevant by the time it arrives, 3 years for one update isn't really something most people want to wait for

*clap clap*
Been playing some Xbox One just today and if its to those standards, Im quite excited! BTW, for mobile users can you have more than 5 hotbar slots? Would be a massive quality of life change. Thanks!

Alright i registered an account just so i could ask this question but, what version of 1.3 will mobile be getting? Will it just be the first 1.3 update or one of the updated that came after it?

600 bugs squashed???

The patch notes are going to be the size of a small novel :p

Makes for some good bedtime reading though :)

Keep up the great work PW and Co. Can't wait to see those UI fixes

I think it's amazing that you want to give us a monthly update on how things are going!
However, I'm a bit confused because of the complete lack of coverage on the PC version o_O
Did I miss something?

I think it's amazing that you want to give us a monthly update on how things are going!
However, I'm a bit confused because of the complete lack of coverage on the PC version o_O
Did I miss something?
Pipeworks doesn't develop the PC version, Re-Logic does. There have been regular teasers and comments about the next PC update on social media (Twitter/Facebook/Instagram) and on the front page of this forum. This post is about what Pipeworks has been working on.

Pipeworks doesn't develop the PC version, Re-Logic does. There have been regular teasers and comments about the next PC update on social media (Twitter/Facebook/Instagram) and on the front page of this forum. This post is about what Pipeworks has been working on.
Ah that makes sense, thank you very much!

I feel like this should have been stated in the op. I see the pipeworks logo and tag now that I looked back but it wasn't clear from the get go.

It's just strange to me that to see the spoilers you have to look closely at other places instead of the terraria web page. Is there a point in making it a scavenger hunt?

I got really excited we were going to get updates to pc.

I feel like this should have been stated in the op. I see the pipeworks logo and tag now that I looked back but it wasn't clear from the get go.

It's just strange to me that to see the spoilers you have to look closely at other places instead of the terraria web page. Is there a point in making it a scavenger hunt?

I got really excited we were going to get updates to pc.
Hi there @Dtmayo, there are tons of spoilers and info right here on the forums. Under the Developer News & Announcements section you can see there are three sub-sections - one for PC, one for Console, and one for Mobile. Clicking on those links takes you straight to a section that has info exclusively for each platform. So if you're hoping for PC news, you can take a look at the PC section. :)

upload_2018-9-17_10-35-30.png

@Unit One

That doesn't have all the spoilers. You have to know and follow the developers on Twitter and Facebook for most of the little spoilers which I guess is fine.

I just think the title "Terraria: State of the game" is misleading .It should be "Terraria: State of the ports." The state of the game makes it sound like they're going to talk about more than the ports.

Just my opinion though. Was just a little disappointed when I scrolled to the bottom and didn't see anything about the base game.

Last edited:
Seriously? 'State of the Game'? The state is that everyone failed to make Otherworld, and failed to ship the Switch Port on time. You can throw another team, or another five teams, at this project and still not ship that Switch Port I'm a timely manner. Case in point, you're not even at "internal alpha" stage yet. Like, for real? That's unfortunate.

Seriously? 'State of the Game'? The state is that everyone failed to make Otherworld, and failed to ship the Switch Port on time. You can throw another team, or another five teams, at this project and still not ship that Switch Port I'm a timely manner. Case in point, you're not even at "internal alpha" stage yet. Like, for real? That's unfortunate.

Ending the development of terraria other world was relogic’s decision not theirs

I'm sure making games is very difficult but it's still really incredible just how slow updates have been. The Switch port was announced soon after the Switch was out, and we still won't have the game till the Switch is about 2 years old? Does it really take that long to port such an old game?

Have there been any announcements or discussion about cross-play? Would a Switch/PS4/XB-One client be able to connect to a server hosted on a PC? Or is each platform in its own multiplayer ecosystem?

Looking forward to the Switch version. Monthly updates are a good idea. Thanks!

Have there been any announcements or discussion about cross-play? Would a Switch/PS4/XB-One client be able to connect to a server hosted on a PC? Or is each platform in its own multiplayer ecosystem?

Looking forward to the Switch version. Monthly updates are a good idea. Thanks!
No announcements about this, and it's unlikely to be possible until console manufactures can agree on a cross-platform standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom