Terraria: State of the Game (9/14/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you please increase the controller support for mobile (bluetooth controller for android). I can play Minecraft and Portal Knights with my controller but not Terraria, which is sad !

I hope update 1.4 doesn't make any drastic changes yet, I really want there to be more of a slow yet fun progression. Like make more armors and make hardmode go by slower, and just overall progression slower.

I hope update 1.4 doesn't make any drastic changes yet, I really want there to be more of a slow yet fun progression. Like make more armors and make hardmode go by slower, and just overall progression slower.
The PC version is only on 1.3.5, with 1.3.6 on it's way. Hell, the console version isn't even on 1.3.1 yet. 1.4 is a very long ways down the line, if it ever comes at all.

New patch on xb1 butchers the performance even worse! I thought maybe i just had to clear cache afterwards but nope. Now its a choppy, laggy, unplayable mess..so frustrating. I remember the days when I used to look forward to updates

1.3.6 better not be a small update, I feel like I'm grasping onto straws with what Terraria has. Honestly, I hope you can assure us an update in size and quality of 1.2.4 or greater.

It appears that the update dropped for PS4. Notice how that you can actually see your buffs and potions now. Awesome thing, thanks. We did also see that the grid comes up when you use the cursor. Not sure if that is intended or a bug. If not, not sure I like it. Overall the update seems to have made play much smoother. Next is to play online and see if that has been cleaned up.

Hey Pipeworks, do you have the patch notes, 'cause I'm trying to compare whether or not the game is at fault, or my internet is at fault
Thank you

I'm curious about what decisions will be made about Mobile exclusives. I would imagine they would have the same views on them as console exclusives and I'm sure now that mobile version is coming next year they will become public about a decision. The only exclusives that mobile alone has is a bunch of low quality pets which I wouldn't miss, but what about boots of Ostara? Will those be replaced like some console exclusive pieces were? I wouldn't mind that but I would be sad if my horn o' plenty got removed since I can barely live without it (literally in the game at least, lol). I would like to see them add an infinite use health item with the same healing power of the horn o' plenty added to all platforms as a replacement as having to always worry about how many potions you have left would be a pain after years of using the horn o' plenty as a healing item.

As for Lepus and Turkor, surely those guys will be saying goodbye too.
(they were really easy bosses anyways with low quality designs art included.)

Last edited:
Alright, I've deduced my problem to it just being undocumented but thank you for supplying me with the link Kazzymodus

What will be happening to the mobile exclusive heart shrines that are found in the snow biome once 1.3 comes out?

I feel like anything that's from 1.3.1-3 that's not added to mobile in 1.3 will just come out in one big update sometime after 1.3.
[doublepost=1537657330,1537657152][/doublepost]Then after that I feel like they could totally do a 1.3.4-5.

Terraria: State of the Game (9/14/18)

Greetings, Terrarians!

Welcome to our first State of the Game featurette! This is a monthly report that is designed to shed additional light on where we are in development, regardless of the circumstances.

We learned a lot during the initial 1.3 launch, and we believe this is a great way to keep everyone in the community informed about development happening on each platform.

index.php

Xbox One & PlayStation 4

Since April, the team has been working on a significant patch that resolves hundreds of bugs.

We’re happy to announce that the patch has been submitted to both first-party platforms for release! As soon as we obtain approval and can release it, we’ll let you know.

This new patch resolves over 600 bugs across every aspect of the game including UI, multiplayer, art and gameplay! Players new and old are going to have a much better experience overall!

Moving forward rather than doing massive patches like this one, we are aiming to do more frequent releases. The feedback we received from the community while working on this patch necessitated this timeline and workflow, but this is the exception to the rule moving forward.

Understandably people are wondering when the next content updates will appear. At this time, we’re focused on a few more follow-up patches that will be tackling a specific set of issues. There’s some technical housekeeping we need to take care of first that will put us in a better position to continue to work through the issues that people are most vocal about.

Feedback from the community, will also be critical in helping determine what issues we address.

Ultimately, we want to provide the community with a roadmap on what you can expect in terms of additional content.

index.php

Nintendo Switch

We have another full team working diligently in parallel on the Nintendo Switch version. As you may have seen from our teaser earlier this summer, we do have a development build up and running. The team can play the game for hours and the Nintendo Switch feels like a natural home for Terraria! That said, there is still much to do to get things ready.

Diligent watchers probably noticed a “UI NOT FINAL” sticky note included in the video. Currently, the team is hard at work making noticeable size changes to the user interface so that it’s more visible on the Switch screen. It should have the same unified feel that the PS4 & Xbox One UI does, but with an emphasis on making everything bigger for the handheld mode. And yes, these changes will carry over to docked mode so that players will have a consistent experience both docked and undocked.

We have a lot of tasks and bugs left to resolve, but we feel great about the progress that’s being made. We’ll have additional information to show you as we move through production and approach our internal alpha and beta milestones.

index.php

Mobile

As we mentioned in our last update to the community Switch remains ahead of mobile development. One major component of this has changed. We’ve made efforts to accelerate mobile development by increasing the team size!

Our hope is that this larger team can help get the game into the hands of mobile players sooner than we originally anticipated. It will still more than likely be a staggered launch with Switch arriving first, however that gap in wait-time should be decreased. It’s important to note that just like console and Switch there’s a full team dedicated solely to mobile.

We’ve got some very skilled engineers that have recently joined the project and are already making an impact.

While it has been speculated within the community we would like to confirm that Terraria for mobile will be arriving in 2019.

index.php

Closing Statement

In the next couple of weeks, we will be releasing an FAQ for both Switch & Mobile which will answer a lot of the community’s questions. This will be frequently updated and will provide the community with a centralized location for some of your most pressing questions. We can’t answer every single question, but it will serve as a good basis covering as much as we can tell you at that time.

With that said, it won’t include a release date for either platform. For those of you who want to understand a little more why we don’t give firm release dates (and we know there are a lot of you) it comes down to the fact we want to get these updates and releases up to the best quality that they can be. On top of that, sometimes problems we don’t foresee get in the way and we make a slight detour to correct those, as well as… one last thing, which sometimes turns into two. However, once things are narrowed down we’ll let you know.
hey
The coming 1.3 mobile codebase is a totally new one, from the ground up. Thus all the old bugs will not be valid anymore, by definition. Though, given how software goes, there will probably be some new ones. :p
have you guys fixed the issue with amazon and the google sign in ?

hi everybody !!! I am a new player to the game (44 hrs in total) but since the new update on Xbox 1 I havnt been able to get further then half way into the underworld before my screen crash and freezes.....I can return to normal game play if I go back over the invisible line that cause the bug and I can't find a way to send my Xbox recording to show what I mean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom