Terraria State of the Game - April 2019

Discussion in 'PC - Re-Logic' started by Loki, Apr 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Thread was lock by: Aurora3500
Reason: New State of the game is up
Lock date: 19:36 17-05-2019
  1. Unit One

Unit One Moderator Staff Member Moderator

See the “Black Bars” section here: Important - Console 1.3 Transition and Workaround FAQ

2. GalaxyShard

GalaxyShard Terrarian

I already tried to change my tv screen to fit, it didnt work. Its not that bad, since its just a small part of the edges cut off but its kinda annoying.

3. LinkSans2000

LinkSans2000 Steampunker

Mobile development looks great! Can’t wait to see the official lore as well!

4. Very cool Re-logic, But I'm really hoping to here is official mod support. That would truly make this Terraria infinite.

5. GalaxyShard

GalaxyShard Terrarian

explain this picture

Attached Files:

6. LetsTryTheForums

LetsTryTheForums Terrarian

Great minds think alike

7. Ryan José

Ryan José Terrarian

phones with snapdragon 400+ and 2GB of RAM will run Terraria 1.3 ??? (Motorola g4 Play) or (Motorola G7 Play)

8. Proto Persona

Proto Persona Brain of Cthulhu

Even if they did add mods it would probably never reach consoles. There are too many restrictions and costs inherent in bringing mods to consoles and mobile.

What's there to explain? The Wiki is a publicly editable resource and not an official source of information. The 3DS version is also a port of the mobile version of the game, not the desktop version. 3DS is also not seeing patch 1.3 ever.

9. Voyager

Voyager Headless Horseman

MAGGOTS !!

MOWED LAWNS !!

Terraria gets weirder

10. xMerpina

xMerpina Terrarian

So the Nintendo Switch edition is following the console update path I'm assuming(?), if that's the case does that mean it's going to lock multiplayer out for the 3DS version?

11. Aurora3500

Aurora3500 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Not exactly sure what you mean. 2 Players who play on the 3DS version will still be able to play Terraria together after the Switch version comes out.

If you're wondering if a Switch player could play with a 3DS owner, that isn't the case. Ontop of being different hardware, the Switch version will be a different version compared to the 3DS version, so they won't be compatible. As far as I know (I could be wrong on this part) The Switch isn't capable of playing wireless with 3DS owners like how some games for the Wii U & 3DS supported playing Multiplayer games on those platforms. Likewise, an Xbox 360 player can't play together with an Xbox One player, even if they have the same game, since it's different hardware and the games are built differently to support the hardware they run on.

12. GalaxyShard

GalaxyShard Terrarian

i meant explain as in why the hell did terraria wiki show up when i searched if 3ds is a console

13. Proto Persona

Proto Persona Brain of Cthulhu

Oh, because since you didn't use quote marks, the search algorithm triggered on "3DS" and "considered a console", both of which are in the article linked. Computers are very literal.

14. xMerpina

xMerpina Terrarian

Sorry, I didn't clarify, I meant that the Switch edition wouldn't be multiplayer compatible with the Switch, which you also answered. So thank you.

15. GalaxyShard

GalaxyShard Terrarian

wow i didnt know how stupid smartphones are

16. xXNightSinisterXx

xXNightSinisterXx Steampunker

Same here.

17. coffeemancer

coffeemancer Terrarian

Why is the PC news always on the bottom of every update post?

18. ppowersteef

ppowersteef Paladin

I see it as they save the most newest stuff for the last.

19. GalaxyShard

GalaxyShard Terrarian

To make you want to read the whole page.

20. Halocaster

Halocaster Terrarian

Hype!!!

Bjorn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.