1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

Terraria State of the Game - April 2019

Discussion in 'PC - Re-Logic' started by Loki, Apr 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Thread was lock by: Aurora3500
Reason: New State of the game is up
Lock date: 19:36 17-05-2019
  1. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Mechanic

~Hopes I have for this update~
    1. More robust experience for the Summoner class. In particular, more early-game summons. And I mean "earlier than the Queen Bee". Simply because at the moment it's impossible to do a "summoner only" run because you can't really get summons until you've at least killed HER...
    2. World Wrap.

Is it really so much to ask that I walk into the ocean on one side and then walk out the other?

2. True Excalibur

True Excalibur Terrarian

I am so hyped for mobile! I am just wondering how (or where) do you sign up for the closed beta? What is a closed beta anyways?
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 22, 2019, Original Post Date: Apr 22, 2019 ---
    I seriously hope the health and mana labels go back on top especially the mana one

3. ppowersteef

ppowersteef Paladin

The difference between an open and closed beta is that an open beta is available to everyone, where a closed isn't. And is only limited to a small amount of testers.

They said the closed beta is very selective. So I don't think they'll just allow every invite.

True Excalibur likes this.
  4. Geo the Maku Gamer

Geo the Maku Gamer Terrarian

They meant were you talking about the current mobile version or 1.3 mobile

5. GalaxyShard

GalaxyShard Terrarian

You sign up in the discord server, under Beta registeration. A closed beta means only a few certain people can do it.

6. JEEF_17

JEEF_17 Terrarian

Yay!!! Meowmere here I come!

7. Voyager

Voyager Headless Horseman

I loved using the Meowmere, but it was kind of a gag sword and I just kept using the Influx Waver.
    The Terra Blade was always meant to be the final sword - just wonder what I'll do for upgrading it.

8. Yvori

Yvori Terrarian

Noooooooooooooooooooooonononononononoooooo please PLEASE don't remove the Throwing class!
    Thanks to mods, its become one of my favourite classes, and I'd hate to see it get shafted.
    If it was removed from the base-game a lot of mods would probably follow suit since they wouldn't have a base to work off of anymore, and inter-mod Throwing compatability would probably be screwed over. If anything, just leave it as-is: A pre-hardmode novelty barebones sideclass.

Gah. Honestly though, Looking through the text spoilers, some of what Cenx said sounded kinda negative and that hurts to see. I don't know if that's just my interpretation or what but she sounded a touch burnt out at points.
    So friendly reminder to all of Re-Logic: Please don't burn yourselves out! Don't overwork yourselves, this update is already going to be gigantic! There's nothing stopping you all from saving some of the really big things for 1.3.7+!

Oh and that new summoner staff is immediately a new favourite of mine. Rainbow teleporting magic cat? Sign me up. The effect it has when teleporting could use a bit of work still (hence the WIP I guess) but 10/10 is cat, cat is good, yes.

9. Doubleozero7

Doubleozero7 Terrarian

I don't even know what to say! I'm so excited! The work that continues to be put into this game for so many years is astounding.

10. Coolqwerts

Coolqwerts Terrarian

Any plans on discontinuing the Xbox One and PS4 when Xbox Scarlett, Anaconda, Lockhart and PS5 releases or when they account for 5% of Terraria 's console marketshare.
    Like any ideas on making 1.4 large enough to lose compatibility with the current gen consoles right now which will be old gen when the future consoles from Sony and Microsoft release.

11. Cyberra

Cyberra Skeletron Prime

I'm so glad to be a member of this community... The game devs here actually listen to and respond to people

ppowersteef likes this.
  12. JohnnyGui

JohnnyGui Terrarian

Update 1.3.6 has been so long in the making. Is there an estimated timeframe for release yet?

13. The Real Bryan

The Real Bryan Skeletron

Not yet at the moment, but at least the devs are still working hard at the moment! ~:)

14. LetsTryTheForums

LetsTryTheForums Terrarian

Actually, Cenx said on Twitter that we'll be seeing 1.3.6 in about 5-8 months, give or take, but she says it'll be "2019 for sure".

15. The Real Bryan

The Real Bryan Skeletron

Hmm... that’s neat to know! Guess that update is coming faster than I thought it would be, considering how fast this year is going by! Already a quarter finished!~:D

16. Knight9910

Knight9910 Terrarian

"Less noise, more things with purpose."

YES FINALLY.

17. LetsTryTheForums

Polishing existing features is one big thing in this update. I kinda wish they'd add some more classic movie monsters in the Solar Eclipse, like The Phantom, Mummy, Invisible Man, Wolfman, etc.

The Real Bryan likes this.
  18. Mardekoya

Mardekoya Terrarian

Would it be possible to make the rod of discord easier to get.its way to hard

19. The Real Bryan

The Real Bryan Skeletron

True, I also like the event as well! I believe that they could also add in another series of monsters that appear post-Golem, and maybe a mini-boss to team-up with Mothron, or better yet, a true boss for the event, that rises after the lord of the moon’s defeat, which I highly doubt that will happen, sadly, since the Solar Eclipse is a completely optional event and does not impact the main progression in any way at all, just like Martian Madness, and that some of the devs do not like the idea of Post-Moon Lord bosses, most specifically Cenx in the Discord server. ~:(

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  20. LetsTryTheForums

I'm mainly excited about the non-combative stuff coming. I'll have one friend sitting at the campfire, roasting marshmallows, another friend flying a kite, another mowing the lawn, and a few more playing instruments.

Unit One and The Real Bryan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.