Terraria State of the Game - April 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
~Hopes I have for this update~
1. More robust experience for the Summoner class. In particular, more early-game summons. And I mean "earlier than the Queen Bee". Simply because at the moment it's impossible to do a "summoner only" run because you can't really get summons until you've at least killed HER...
2. World Wrap.

Is it really so much to ask that I walk into the ocean on one side and then walk out the other?

I am so hyped for mobile! I am just wondering how (or where) do you sign up for the closed beta? What is a closed beta anyways?
[doublepost=1555939555,1555939415][/doublepost]I seriously hope the health and mana labels go back on top especially the mana one

I am so hyped for mobile! I am just wondering how (or where) do you sign up for the closed beta? What is a closed beta anyways?
The difference between an open and closed beta is that an open beta is available to everyone, where a closed isn't. And is only limited to a small amount of testers.

They said the closed beta is very selective. So I don't think they'll just allow every invite.

[doublepost=1555939555,1555939415][/doublepost]I seriously hope the health and mana labels go back on top especially the mana one
You sign up in the discord server, under Beta registeration. A closed beta means only a few certain people can do it.

I loved using the Meowmere, but it was kind of a gag sword and I just kept using the Influx Waver.
The Terra Blade was always meant to be the final sword - just wonder what I'll do for upgrading it.

Noooooooooooooooooooooonononononononoooooo please PLEASE don't remove the Throwing class!
Thanks to mods, its become one of my favourite classes, and I'd hate to see it get shafted.
If it was removed from the base-game a lot of mods would probably follow suit since they wouldn't have a base to work off of anymore, and inter-mod Throwing compatability would probably be screwed over. If anything, just leave it as-is: A pre-hardmode novelty barebones sideclass.

Gah. Honestly though, Looking through the text spoilers, some of what Cenx said sounded kinda negative and that hurts to see. I don't know if that's just my interpretation or what but she sounded a touch burnt out at points.
So friendly reminder to all of Re-Logic: Please don't burn yourselves out! Don't overwork yourselves, this update is already going to be gigantic! There's nothing stopping you all from saving some of the really big things for 1.3.7+!

Oh and that new summoner staff is immediately a new favourite of mine. Rainbow teleporting magic cat? Sign me up. The effect it has when teleporting could use a bit of work still (hence the WIP I guess) but 10/10 is cat, cat is good, yes.

I don't even know what to say! I'm so excited! The work that continues to be put into this game for so many years is astounding.

Greetings Terrarians!

Welcome to the the latest Terraria community update on development progress across all active platforms! A ton of progress is being made, and things are really starting to come together - we are hopeful that we will be able to have some of this in your hands soon. That said, on with the latest news....

PS4 & XBOX ONE - PIPEWORKS
Hello everyone! Here with an update on 1.3.1 for Consoles... which has taken a bit longer than we had figured, but will be worth the wait!

• QA will be reviewing a stage build later this week for the 1.3.1 update on consoles. For those unaware, stage builds are generated late in the QA phase to ensure that the game can be tested in a situation as close to a live game environment as possible.
  • Once QA has tested the stage build and the development team has resolved any outstanding issues that may appear as a result, we will be submitting the update into submission. Exciting!
Outside of the features that will be arriving in the new update which we covered here, the community can also expect some bug fixes. We’ll make sure to cover all the details in our patch notes as the update goes live.

As usual, we will let the community know once everything has been prepped and submitted, and of course when it goes live. Hopefully not long now!

index.php

SWITCH - PIPEWORKS

Another month is in the books, and there’s been a lot of progress going on for the Nintendo Switch version behind-the-scenes.

As we stated in a previous update, the team is working directly with Redigit and the rest of the Re-Logic team on a feedback list they’ve provided, and work on that is nearly complete. We anticipate there will be a bit more back and forth and tweaks made as we near a final review by Re-Logic and our QA teams.

Part of this feedback encompasses touch support refinement. There’s a ton of work going on to make sure that there’s a nice blend between controller and mobile-style touch input. These changes should really improve both crafting and inventory sorting.

Now, let’s talk about the Switch submission process. We’ve completed an initial submission with Nintendo. This means that Nintendo has had the opportunity to poke and prod the build as well as provide feedback. Typically, this is referred to as a pre-check, prior to a final submission. The team is currently working through those outstanding bugs reported by Nintendo.

Without divulging too many details this went very well with a very low bug count. All that remains is the final polish, QA checks, and we’re off to the races.

index.php

MOBILE - DR STUDIOS

Happy April everyone! In case you missed our earlier announcement, Terraria 1.3 for Mobile has officially reached the Alpha stage! That's right, all of the necessary features and content are now in the game, so the team's focus has shifted towards polish, tweaking, and optimization in order to get the game ready for Beta and eventual release. For this month's feature, we wanted to show off a good friend of ours - someone that a lot of you have been asking about, especially in regards to how he could possibly fit onto a mobile device screen. Well, without further delay, say hello to the Moon Lord!

In addition to the full-size lunar boss seen above, you will also probably note a handful of those ongoing tweaks/improvements that we mentioned. The Grapplestick is back in action, and we have made a lot of effort towards freeing up more gameplay space by lessening the clutter. In this screen, you can see that even with a full twenty buffs active and a PDA in inventory, there is plenty of visible space for the player to wage battle against this alien foe. Not only that, but you will also note that some of the PDA's info items have been toggled off, and the player has the ability to hide the minimap as they see fit.

All of this together allows for an on-the-fly customizable viewspace that the player can adjust to fit each situation while maximizing the main gameplay space at all times.

For those who have signed up for the very selective closed Beta, thanks for your interest! For those who haven't, there is still time to register. Everything is starting to get very exciting, but we do not have a time estimate yet on when the Beta will be ready or who will be chosen for the Beta - so we just ask that you stay patient and we will make an announcement when we are ready to move to the next stage in the Beta process.

We hope you like what you see, and we cannot wait to get the final launch version into everyone's hands soon - hopefully that won't be too much longer.

Until next month, we hope the springtime weather treats you well!

index.php

PC - RE-LOGIC
In case you missed it, over the past several weeks, several of the members of the Re-Logic team have been taking time to hang out on the official Terraria Discord Server (Join the Terraria Discord Server!)! Tons of crazy chats, wild stories, discussions about the game - and yes, even the occasional spoiler - are there for everyone to enjoy. We really love getting to know our community better, so make it a point to stop by sometime to say hello and join in!
View attachment 219790
TERRARIA DISCORD SERVER (Click the Image to Join/Visit!)

(Re-Logic devs tend to hang out in the Terraria-Chat-1 channel when we are on)

In the meantime, we wanted to share some of the 1.3.6 spoilers that have been handed out on Discord over the last few weeks so that no one is left behind! So, without further delay, here are those spoilers...

First off, a lot of spoilers on Discord take the form of answers in text chat... we have grabbed the best for you in the expandable spoiler below!

Second, our team has shared some cool new visuals for everyone to enjoy - primarily of new items that are coming your way!

A "Work in Progress" New Summoner Staff
6JkziHS.gif

index.php

Rainbow Trail
WrHF6Ln.gif

index.php

Tossing... Something... in the Water?

As2msu0.gif

index.php

Glowing Bats

sCwKYL7.gif

index.php

index.php

COMMUNITY
The official Terraria lore has baffled the Terraria community since the dawn on Terrariakind on May 16, 2011. We are ecstatic to announce that on the upcoming Terraria anniversary, for the first time, we will be giving a peak into the epic story behind Terraria! Stay tuned, because all Terrarians will not want to miss being a part of this live event as it unfolds!

We cannot express enough how much fun we are having in the official Terraria Discord server. Furthermore, judging by the fact that we have grown to become a top ten Discord Discovery server, we get the idea that our community is having a blast as well.

In honor of reaching 100k members today we ask all Terrarians to come join us and take part in all the fun. In addition to getting to interact with the team behind Terraria, we also have tons of fun events, in-game meetups, lore discussions, giveaways, and so much more!

After you join the official Terraria Discord server, make sure you read the community rules and verify your account, or you will not have access to all the exciting community channels available.
Any plans on discontinuing the Xbox One and PS4 when Xbox Scarlett, Anaconda, Lockhart and PS5 releases or when they account for 5% of Terraria 's console marketshare.
Like any ideas on making 1.4 large enough to lose compatibility with the current gen consoles right now which will be old gen when the future consoles from Sony and Microsoft release.

Actually, Cenx said on Twitter that we'll be seeing 1.3.6 in about 5-8 months, give or take, but she says it'll be "2019 for sure".

Hmm... that’s neat to know! Guess that update is coming faster than I thought it would be, considering how fast this year is going by! Already a quarter finished!~:D

Hmm... that’s neat to know! Guess that update is coming faster than I thought it would be, considering how fast this year is going by! Already a quarter finished!~:D
Polishing existing features is one big thing in this update. I kinda wish they'd add some more classic movie monsters in the Solar Eclipse, like The Phantom, Mummy, Invisible Man, Wolfman, etc.

Polishing existing features is one big thing in this update. I kinda wish they'd add some more classic movie monsters in the Solar Eclipse, like The Phantom, Mummy, Invisible Man, Wolfman, etc.

True, I also like the event as well! I believe that they could also add in another series of monsters that appear post-Golem, and maybe a mini-boss to team-up with Mothron, or better yet, a true boss for the event, that rises after the lord of the moon’s defeat, which I highly doubt that will happen, sadly, since the Solar Eclipse is a completely optional event and does not impact the main progression in any way at all, just like Martian Madness, and that some of the devs do not like the idea of Post-Moon Lord bosses, most specifically Cenx in the Discord server. ~:(

Last edited:
True, I also like the event as well! I believe that they could also add in another series of monsters that appear post-Golem, and maybe a mini-boss to team-up with Mothron, or better yet, a true boss for the event, that rises after the lord of the moon’s defeat, which I highly doubt that will happen, sadly, since the Solar Eclipse is a completely optional event and does not impact the main progression in any way at all, just like Martian Madness, and that some of the devs do not like the idea of Post-Moon Lord bosses, most specifically Cenx. ~:(
I'm mainly excited about the non-combative stuff coming. I'll have one friend sitting at the campfire, roasting marshmallows, another friend flying a kite, another mowing the lawn, and a few more playing instruments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom