Terraria State of the Game - April 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm mainly excited about the non-combative stuff coming. I'll have one friend sitting at the campfire, roasting marshmallows, another friend flying a kite, another mowing the lawn, and a few more playing instruments.

Yes, yes! I know what I would definitely like to do when the update eventually arrives... play “We are Number One” using the incoming instruments as a tribute for Stefán Karl Stefánsson! ~:D

Actually, Cenx said on Twitter that we'll be seeing 1.3.6 in about 5-8 months, give or take, but she says it'll be "2019 for sure".
y i k e s

I didn't think it would take that much longer to put out considering how long it's already been in development, the amount of spoilers, and that they're private-beta testing it right now with the community. I must have gotten too used to other games with faster/more consistent update pushes...

I honestly thought we might be on a 2 weeks - 1 month release window by now.

5-8 months. I was way off.

Honestly can not wait for 1.3.6 I've been chomping at the bit to fInAlLy GeT mY HANDS ON IT! Keep up the great work Re-Logic, even though I already know you will... :cool::rslime::rslime::rslime:

y i k e s

I didn't think it would take that much longer to put out considering how long it's already been in development, the amount of spoilers, and that they're private-beta testing it right now with the community. I must have gotten too used to other games with faster/more consistent update pushes...

I honestly thought we might be on a 2 weeks - 1 month release window by now.

5-8 months. I was way off.
Again, give or take 5-8 months. It could be sooner than 5 months, or...ughh..I hate to say it...but..later than 8 months...I think I just died inside a little.

Also, if you re-read the post, you'll find that Cenx said that they haven't started working on the big stuff in the update yet. So, yeah...sorry to burst your bubble.

Last edited:
Would it be possible to make the rod of discord easier to get.its way to hard
Whats the point? Its a challenge for a reason!
Again, give or take 5-8 months. It could be sooner than 5 months, or...ughh..I hate to say it...but..later than 8 months...I think I just died inside a little.

Also, if you re-read the post, you'll find that Cenx said that they haven't started working on the big stuff in the update yet. So, yeah...sorry to burst your bubble.
If it was guaranteed for 2019, it cant be 8 months.

Console question:

Even though 1.3.1 isn't out yet, I was curious about future updates, like will consoles actually receive all the updates and catch up to 1.3.6 eventually? Or will updates stop once the new gen consoles arrive?

Also, I noticed a two or three month gap between 1.3.1 and 1.3.2 on PC, will console updates be more frequent after this next update?

Console question:

Even though 1.3.1 isn't out yet, I was curious about future updates, like will consoles actually receive all the updates and catch up to 1.3.6 eventually? Or will updates stop once the new gen consoles arrive?

Also, I noticed a two or three month gap between 1.3.1 and 1.3.2 on PC, will console updates be more frequent after this next update?

As an occasional console player myself, I believe that the current consoles will likely recieve all the updates even after the new-gen consoles arrive slightly faster due to Pipeworks having everything under control after Re-Logic’s switch from Engine Software. Xbox 360 and PS3 were still supported when their superiors arrived, and had everything up to Duke Fishron, but cannot go further because of hardware limits, and that was the main reason why they stopped production for those two ports, but PS4 and Xbox One have hardware limits much further, proven by having all the 1.3 content with no major issues, so it is likely that they can reach 1.3.6, albeit in quite a long time. ~:)

Last edited:
8 months from now is December, still 2019.
I meant more than 8 months.
Console question:

If mobile can do it, i would not doubt console can too. The reason updates stop for older isnt because there is more newer versions, its because the device cant play it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom