Terraria State of the Game - April 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, some the recent discussion here seems to be getting a bit too personal in tone, let's dial that back a bit please.

Stick to discussing the game news itself, not each other's opinions about it.

No one is happy about the extended length of time for updates, including the developers. People have the right to gripe about that (within reason), and people have a right to express their support and patience about the process. Responding to peoples' gripes is very unlikely to change their opinion, and is much more likely to start an argument over things that most of you have very little real information about.

man I came back to some drama here. Calm down peeps. We're almost there. I'd say game development is harder than you'd think. I'd imagine it's alot like playing Minesweeper back in the day. One wrong step and the whole darn thing is messed up so they're taking it slow to make sure there isn't any major issues.

I assumed console updates are taking a while due to underlying issues, like framerate drops, game crashing during certain actions (mine currently bricks out when I try to load a world with my 70+ hour character, or right after it loads the world), world loading (if I use a brand new character, there's little to no load time, but other ones with longer play times will take a minute during the "Drawing Map" load screen), and a few other issues.

I would rather wait for the game to be fixed completely before they start putting more content out for the console version. Sucks, but I'm making the assumption that once this update is out (for console), that maybe we'll get the next updates as quickly as the PC has. Adding in new items shouldn't be an issue, seeing as I own a few functioning items from future updates that actually work for xbone, like the sun dial.

And the new UI and menu interface really is not that bad, if you learn it it'll become second nature. Yeah, sucks about having no crafting list anymore, guess I'm weird for being fine using the crafting wiki. My biggest gripe that they didn't carry over from console was just the SAVE ONLY option.

So let's be patient, sucks, but at least we're still getting any updates at all.

Responding to peoples' gripes is very unlikely to change their opinion, and is much more likely to start an argument.

I need to get this tattooed on my arm so I can remember this every. single. time. That I’m about to even jump in on a conversation.

Sticking to the topic at hand (mostly in asking a question) will those desert biome tunneling bomb things be on switch [at launch] or is that a later update?

Been playing mobile and damn those would be useful.

What we are annoyed with is the fact that we HAD a great, well designed game tailored for console play. And then they upended the whole table on us, wrecking menus and making the game harder to play while taking away console exclusive stuff, all while telling us that they had to do it in order to speed up getting console games to parity with the PC version.

Only for them to STILL have to take forever to get update parity. Making their reason for wrecking what we had an understimation at best, and a lie at worst.
Sorry, but I think you forgot about old gen consoles. You can still play old terraria (1.2)

The developers do a great job at what they are doing with most likely little to no time to have a break, so I respect them with that they literally work ALMOST 24/7 to get a game's update out just so WE can play it. Whos with me?

Great work guys, cant wait to hear that winnie the pooh inspired soundtrack!

Sticking to the topic at hand (mostly in asking a question) will those desert biome tunneling bomb things be on switch [at launch] or is that a later update?

In a later update. Those are in 1.3.6 while mobile will be 1.3.0.7 equivalent.

I assumed console updates are taking a while due to underlying issues, like framerate drops, game crashing during certain actions (mine currently bricks out when I try to load a world with my 70+ hour character, or right after it loads the world), world loading (if I use a brand new character, there's little to no load time, but other ones with longer play times will take a minute during the "Drawing Map" load screen), and a few other issues.

I would rather wait for the game to be fixed completely before they start putting more content out for the console version. Sucks, but I'm making the assumption that once this update is out (for console), that maybe we'll get the next updates as quickly as the PC has. Adding in new items shouldn't be an issue, seeing as I own a few functioning items from future updates that actually work for xbone, like the sun dial.

And the new UI and menu interface really is not that bad, if you learn it it'll become second nature. Yeah, sucks about having no crafting list anymore, guess I'm weird for being fine using the crafting wiki. My biggest gripe that they didn't carry over from console was just the SAVE ONLY option.

So let's be patient, sucks, but at least we're still getting any updates at all.
I may be lucky, but for me Terraria has been bug free- even into thousands of game hours for a character.
In fact, I'd say Terraria is one of the stablest games I've ever played! So that's why I can't understand why the updates have taken so long.
Terraria hours.JPG

OK, some the recent discussion here seems to be getting a bit too personal in tone, let's dial that back a bit please.

Stick to discussing the game news itself, not each other's opinions about it.

No one is happy about the extended length of time for updates, including the developers. People have the right to gripe about that (within reason), and people have a right to express their support and patience about the process. Responding to peoples' gripes is very unlikely to change their opinion, and is much more likely to start an argument over things that most of you have very little real information about.
I’d hate to see my arguments taken as “personal”. I don’t really think it was getting to that, but I apologize if it way.

I need to get this tattooed on my arm so I can remember this every. single. time. That I’m about to even jump in on a conversation.

All items will come in the same order as PC.

Whens beta?
Already answered many times.
Beta will be announced when DS decides that the game is ready to move on from Alpha, which may be in quite a while, but soon! ~:)
If they have all the items, and the ui looks pretty done, the controls dont really need anymore work, so why wont it just go into beta after bug fixing

Imagine if they added sans to terraria (without the terratale mod, or they implemented it in) While terraria may not be a game with multiple references, having sans in some form (e.g a magic spell that turns your eyes blue and allows you to shoot bones, an npc mentioning a "sans" like entity, etc)

Imagine if they added sans to terraria (without the terratale mod, or they implemented it in) While terraria may not be a game with multiple references, having sans in some form (e.g a magic spell that turns your eyes blue and allows you to shoot bones, an npc mentioning a "sans" like entity, etc)

Now that would be unlikely, but nonetheless a very funny and cool idea! ~:D

EDIT: What? Terraria, a game with not that many references? How about most of the Solar Eclipse event, most of the funny title message entries upon startup, the Meowmere, Arkhalis, the Mega-Buster Cannon, and many other weapons, the many paintings, a Legend of Zelda-like “Pixie,” a giant slime with a certain ninja inside, and many other enemies? I think not! ~:p

Last edited:
The thrown sets and weapons are not being removed, they are having their bonuses convert to ranged.
[doublepost=1555685096,1555685001][/doublepost]
uh, those items really do fit in though, name one hardmode weapon that isn't a generic broadsword and ISN'T magic.
Pearlwood sword ;)
[doublepost=1556675733][/doublepost]One other thing, besides the endless wire pouch, I would like to see something that selects a spawn spot for the pillars of 1.3
[doublepost=1556675882][/doublepost]
Pearlwood sword ;)
[doublepost=1556675733][/doublepost]One other thing, besides the endless wire pouch, I would like to see something that selects a spawn spot for the pillars of 1.3
I say this for all of those who have had a pillar spawn in their base. ANNOYING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom