Terraria State of the Game - April 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, come on! why are people so negative!!!
DR studios is so good at what they do, so don't worry
All things considered, I've been soured by the experience of being a console player since it first came out on console. Having a UI that works and then having that taken away, paying quite a bit more for the game than both mobile and pc, the godawful release of 1.3, having the things that made our version of the game at the very least feel like it a had a reason to choose it over mobile and PC taken away, which at the very least it makes somewhat sense as to why they'd remove version exclusives now, and now we're waiting so much longer than both PC and mobile, getting another UI rework that tbh STILL doesn't look like a UI that feels good on a console, all while being told "don't worry guys! DR is fast at what they do, you'll have it in no time!" So you'll have to excuse me for being a little negative.

All things considered, I've been soured by the experience of being a console player since it first came out on console. Having a UI that works and then having that taken away, paying quite a bit more for the game than both mobile and pc, the godawful release of 1.3, having the things that made our version of the game at the very least feel like it a had a reason to choose it over mobile and PC taken away, which at the very least it makes somewhat sense as to why they'd remove version exclusives now, and now we're waiting so much longer than both PC and mobile, getting another UI rework that tbh STILL doesn't look like a UI that feels good on a console, all while being told "don't worry guys! DR is fast at what they do, you'll have it in no time!" So you'll have to excuse me for being a little negative.
to be fair, they finished with mobile in late October

Another reason why they were fast with mobile is because they had the UI already good and set so it really didn’t conflict it much, UI is really the hardest part with games I believe because you have to make sure things work blah blah blah…
Iirc you're right about them having the UI set already, but that still doesn't make me feel any better considering just how much faster mobile got everything in comparison to console still being in alpha in more than the same amount of time of development.

because people are jealous that the obviously superior console version will get the update near a year after the vastly inferior mobile version even though mobile has more people playing it.
Side note but, its really the communities fault that this is coming out so late. they spent like 4 months complaining about the UI(which i guess happened in mobile) which extremely hindered the progress of just fixing bugs and getting it out of alpha
How is the console version superior? Sure, it's more powerful, but saying that mobile is "vastly inferior" is a bit of a stretch.

Mobile got 1.4 first probably because more people play it. Mobile players would most likely be complaining about not getting 1.4 if console got it instead of us, like console players are doing now, except more people would be complaining because there are more mobile players. Also, mobile was abandoned in 2016, and after 3 years of being stuck in 1.2.4 DR Studios finally updated it to 1.3 in 2019. If mobile hadn't gotten 1.4 until after console did, it would seem like mobile was being abandoned again, with almost 2 years since the last update compared to console's last update being 1 year ago.

My point is, they probably also wanted there to be more fairness between mobile and console, and focus on mobile instead of console because mobile had far fewer recent updates and was lagging behind a lot whereas console was for a while almost identical to PC in terms of content. Plus DR Studios already was very familiar with working on mobile from developing the 1.3 update and didn't have to make very many UI changes, so they could just focusing on adding content.

How is the console version superior? Sure, it's more powerful, but saying that mobile is "vastly inferior" is a bit of a stretch.

Mobile got 1.4 first probably because more people play it. Mobile players would most likely be complaining about not getting 1.4 if console got it instead of us, like console players are doing now, except more people would be complaining because there are more mobile players. Also, mobile was abandoned in 2016, and after 3 years of being stuck in 1.2.4 DR Studios finally updated it to 1.3 in 2019. If mobile hadn't gotten 1.4 until after console did, it would seem like mobile was being abandoned again, with almost 2 years since the last update compared to console's last update being 1 year ago.

My point is, they probably also wanted there to be more fairness between mobile and console, and focus on mobile instead of console because mobile had far fewer recent updates and was lagging behind a lot whereas console was for a while almost identical to PC in terms of content. Plus DR Studios already was very familiar with working on mobile from developing the 1.3 update and didn't have to make very many UI changes, so they could just focusing on adding content.
Going off of what's been said in the past, the biggest reason for mobile getting 1.4 first is that the developer switch for console made it so that they hadn't even started making the console update until after mobile, not really because of platform favortism. They just decided to focus everything on mobile and then focus on console so they can build the console version off of mobile, which I'm sure is why we're getting yet another UI that imo doesn't fit a console. This is why I'm just more disappointed than anything than flat out angry, as the delay is mostly caused by an unfortunate circumstance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom