Terraria State of the Game - April 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been any info on what they are doing with Terraria Console Achievements?
For one, the achievements are.. different. Like the tutorial achievement. Are they going to update and add them to match normal Terraria?
Additionally, the second player in split screen can't get achievements on PS4 (not the in-game achievements, but console achievements). Many games like Minecraft have this implemented where both people can enjoy the game together and earn them in split-screen together.

I hope they don't get neglected. I really enjoyed clearing them on Steam and am looking forward to trying it again when 1.4 is ready for consoles.

Last edited:
Has there been any info on what they are doing with Terraria Console Achievements?
For one, the achievements are.. different. Like the tutorial achievement. Are they going to update and add them to match normal Terraria?
Additionally, the second player in split screen can't get achievements on PS4 (not the in-game achievements, but console achievements). Many games like Minecraft have this implemented where both people can enjoy the game together and earn them in split-screen together.

I hope they don't get neglected. I really enjoyed clearing them on Steam and am looking forward to trying it again when 1.4 is ready for consoles.
The achievements are the same between PC and PS4 (aside from the 1.4 exclusive achievements)

I think you are talking about the system achievements right? If so those are ones that are not touched but the achievements in game will add the 1.4 one(and 1.4.1 ones when it comes out I’m sure)

I think you are talking about the system achievements right? If so those are ones that are not touched but the achievements in game will add the 1.4 one(and 1.4.1 ones when it comes out I’m sure)
But system achievements are ones that matter. It's neat to go through your history and look back at your games and reminisce. Them being locked inside the game is about as useful as Switch's "achievements" for like mario kart.

There's a process for adding new achievements with new updates that other games go through, I don't see why they wouldn't just add them. Terraria is a very special game, it seems weird to cut corners on something timeless like this.

At one point there was a max limit for trophies at like 100, I wonder if that's why they stopped. Now that cap is 999, so when the in-game achievement triggers, they could then trigger it for PS4, what's more is this would also allow them to give them to both users on the same console, not just the host.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom