Terraria State of the Game - April 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please Terraria developers, make a launcher for Terraria, so that people can play the version they like best, either by dlc or integrated into the game.
Please stop spamming this request. It does not matter that you delete the previous ones. No other developer that I know of provides such a thing for their games, and in my opinion it is an unreasonable request.

This type of launcher will not be done, for a variety of reasons. The distribution services for the game - especially for console and mobile - are not going to host multiple versions of the game to support this.

If you own the game on Steam, you can try this 3rd party tool (which is not Re=Logic's doing and and for which they provide no support).

Please stop spamming this request. It does not matter that you delete the previous ones. No other developer that I know of provides such a thing for their games, and in my opinion it is an unreasonable request.

This type of launcher will not be done, for a variety of reasons. The distribution services for the game - especially for console and mobile - are not going to host multiple versions of the game to support this.

If you own the game on Steam, you can try this 3rd party tool (which is not Re=Logic's doing and and for which they provide no support).
Well... I just have to delete this game from my library then. Since it's turning into garbage, it was good while it lasted! hahahaha, good luck going downhill with this project. Since this company will only achieve one success in life, which is this game. Edit: "No other developer that I know of provides such a thing for their games", Mojang does support a launcher, but obviously... it's a company that is light years ahead in terms of quality.

Well, what's the problem with people playing old versions? Not everyone is enjoying these updates.

Well... I just have to delete this game from my library then. Since it's turning into garbage, it was good while it lasted! hahahaha, good luck going downhill with this project. Since this company will only achieve one success in life, which is this game. Edit: "No other developer that I know of provides such a thing for their games", Mojang does support a launcher, but obviously... it's a company that is light years ahead in terms of quality.
can you stop :red:ting yourself over increased stack size please
if you're going to delete this game from your library just do so and leave lmao

can you stop :red:ting yourself over increased stack size please
if you're going to delete this game from your library just do so and leave lmao
I can leave whenever I want... and I'll make an video deleting the game , I'm just waiting the update.

I can leave whenever I want... and I'll make an video deleting the game , I'm just waiting the update.
Its not like I'm emotionally moved by you deleting this game
Especially after all you've done for more than a month now is complain about the removal of artificial difficulty, repeatedly ask for a change that would require building completely new software and lots of work, and talk about how you're deleting the game.
Mojang does support a launcher, but obviously... it's a company that is light years ahead in terms of quality.
Mojang supports a launcher because minecraft is its own game that is bought and played outside of any other service. Terraria already has a launcher. Its called steam.

Here's another example of an ingrate for the game who thinks Minecraft is better than Terraria. But I feel offended by it and I can't sit still after reading such a comment. You've spammed a lot about something you don't know if it can be added to the game and now you childishly say that another game is better and that you're leaving the game. This is very unfair to Re-logic and I think that if you want to leave the game you can do it whenever you want, but you don't have to give notice or even make a video about it.

Well, what's the problem with people playing old versions? Not everyone is enjoying these updates.
Honestly, a rather large portion of these updates have been a mixed bag for me. Some of them are great and will likely change the game in significant ways; a.) Dark Lance/ Melee buff, b.) Universal Sentries buff, c.) max-stack increase buff, d.) adjustments to HM-Swords+, e.) various bug fixes etc.

The part about me not enjoying the recent updates, mostly come at the cost of 'game performance'. It's annoying watching the Devs add more "toilets" and gag items to the game, meanwhile there are noticeable, repeatable, graphical and FPS performance issues that exist, right this second, that are seemingly to be caused by "too many records" and game bloat.

It's on my top list of concerns, because the Devs have given no signals or signs that they acknowledge this issue in an "official capacity", or are close to finding a solution these problems. Almost every time this issue or something similar comes up, they are either silent, a tech person gives a "Band-Aid" suggestion, or the excuse for taxing cost is for he "sake of feature A or B".

I wouldn't mind them adding all the novelty in the world to the game if it wasn't at the cost of things they'd already gotten right in the initial release (i.e. improvements to movement/ overall game performance). So yeah, a launcher is sounding really good to me at the moment, I'd love to have 1.4 - 1.4.1 back if it were possible, since I'm not entirely sure where things went awry.

In short, I'd gladly trade everything pre/post Princess Update for the laser-focused, air-tight gameplay in 1.4x(??).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom