Terraria State of the Game - August 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Work on Journey's End marches onward at a strong and steady pace. We are getting so much done every day - but there is still so much to do! We hope you are as eager with anticipation as we are for what this update will bring to the table. Stay tuned!
Why is there still much to do it's been like a year I'm irrationally impatient and salty about this

This is my first post here and i have played terraria from ground to bottom five times (thanks to the patches). Of course, new patches have been better than older ones but whatever. I love the game and i don't want to blame anyone, but those "ground to bottom" experiences have changed my perspective to the game.

I would say that item that gives auto swing to melee weapons that don't have, is absolutely yes. I prefer melee build more than anything. Of cource i have tested every other classes but melee is best In my opinion. Weapons that needed to be clicked every time to attack are ok, but truth is that you go forward In the game and you will forget (maybe) weaker stat weapons. Most of those weaker weapons needs to be clicked.

1.3.2-1.3.5 is coming to console as one massive lump. So it's gonna take a while. They've said they have 1.3.2-1.3.4 mostly ready, just tweaking and then 1.3.5 to finish before the next update
Actually 1.3.5 is not included in that, and will be its own update later on. So the next update will go up to 1.3.4.

Actually 1.3.5 is not included in that, and will be its own update later on. So the next update will go up to 1.3.4.

I don't remember where I saw it, but I think I saw Loki say that they're going to throw in the stuff from 1.3.5 because the update itself for PC was mostly for a graphics update, and there was just a few furniture sets along with it (crystal, golden, don't remember the rest). I could be absolutely wrong, either way I'm patiently waiting for the update, probably the first week of October (I assume).

Hey Loki, I personally think adding autoswing as a toggleable feature to mobile feels a little bit sketch. That would give the mobile version of terraria an exclusive feature which isn't Re-Logic trying to move away from? I mean that would just make mobile terraria another watered down version of the real thing. If Re-Logic is revealing a toggleable feature that makes all weapons autoswing in terraria mobile that will be implemented by DR Studios then, you might as well add that toggleable feature to all versions of the game in the 1.4 patch.

Hey Loki, I personally think adding autoswing as a toggleable feature to mobile feels a little bit sketch. That would give the mobile version of terraria an exclusive feature which isn't Re-Logic trying to move away from? I mean that would just make mobile terraria another watered down version of the real thing. If Re-Logic is revealing a toggleable feature that makes all weapons autoswing in terraria mobile that will be implemented by DR Studios then, you might as well add that toggleable feature to all versions of the game in the 1.4 patch.
1.4 is adding an item which gives autoswing to all melee weapons.

1.4 is adding an item which gives autoswing to all melee weapons.
What's the point of adding that item if its going to be a toggleable feature on mobile 1.4 when it releases on mobile (2025/2024 because of DR Studios) ? It completely makes that item irrelevant. Plus remember how I said as a toggleable feature for all weapons including Magic, Range and Summoner? That's dumb that its being added to all weapons as a non default toggleable feature on Mobile. Their goal is ONE Terraria its great that they're adding an accessory that adds autoswing to MELEE weapons but, its not for ALL weapons which the toggleable feature does rendering this item useless for mobile.

What's the point of adding that item if its going to be a toggleable feature on mobile 1.4 when it releases on mobile (2025/2024 because of DR Studios) ? It completely makes that item irrelevant. Plus remember how I said as a toggleable feature for all weapons including Magic, Range and Summoner? That's dumb that its being added to all weapons as a non default toggleable feature on Mobile. Their goal is ONE Terraria its great that they're adding an accessory that adds autoswing to MELEE weapons but, its not for ALL weapons which the toggleable feature does rendering this item useless for mobile.
I think mobile benefits from autoswing so much compared to the other platform that they're just going to have it until 1.4 comes out, when they'll remove that feature and add the item. If you think about it, only melee and summoner items consistently do not have autoswing, and summoner weapons don't benefit from it that much, so it doesn't really get overruled...

Last edited:
New
This is excellent news! I have a question though.for Nintendo Switch. I would love to be able to move while in my inventory.Is this possible in any way? It seems while in my inventory with auto pause off I am unable to move and use items like on pc or more recently mobile. Btw excellent game and the witch is my third platform as I love supporting the devs behind this masterpiece.

Screenshot_20190916-075311~2.png
shoutout to TrioGaming for finding a bug.
Loki and Leinfors, If you didn't know already there is a multiplayer World Glitch that allows you to duplicate your friends world into your own set of worlds or your world folder.

View attachment 226937 shoutout to TrioGaming for finding a bug.
Loki and Leinfors, If you didn't know already there is a multiplayer World Glitch that allows you to duplicate your friends world into your own set of worlds or your world folder.

Known issue, listed on Known Issues since 1.3.0.7.2:

We are aware in some rare circumstances you can still get your world overwritten by an online one if you go to main menu at the same exact time as the host. While we investigate this issue, we highly recommend players to perform regular backups and to coordinate with the host when quitting the game (ex. make sure all Clients have successfully exited before closing down the server)

Thanks for reporting though!

I’m thinking of getting the switch version soon, how good is it? I really want to play Terraria on the TV! I know it’s good but I would like your opinion.

Loki, also will we ever get support for 90-120 fps on PC, Console(PS5 and PS5 pro, Xbox; Scarlett,Anaconda,etc and Nintendo Switch 2), and Mobile(ex: Razorphone)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom