Terraria State of the Game - August 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm calling it now: 1. Queen slime 2. EoL 3. Zenith 4. Fairies 5. Dreadnautilus 6. Something Happiness related? 7. Terraspark boots 8. Party?? 9. Pet licenses 10. Hotline Fishing Rod 11. OOA 12. Kites 13. something about ghosts 14. Dead Man's Chest 15. Gnome

Last edited:
I'm calling it now: 1. Queen slime 2. EoL 3. Some ranged weapon, probably darts? 4. Fairies 5. Dreadnautilus 6. Something Happiness related? 7. Terraspark boots 8. Party?? 9. Pet licenses 10. Hotline Fishing Rod 11. OOA 12. Kites 13. something about ghosts 14. Dead Man's Chest 15. Gnome
Hey, I made a post about that!

I could've sworn there would be a golf achievement... hope we can attain that. Golf is epic.
I think there will be more achievements than just the 15 shown here. I'm pretty sure Red has stated on the official discord that we're getting a golf achievement, he also said they'll add an achievement for playing a particular tune with the rain song/ivy/stellar tune. There's probably also going to be an achievement for completing the bestiary (unless that's what the pets are supposed to represent).

i'm not entirely sure how to feel about this...

i mean, i had a nagging feeling pipeworks was gonna be jumping ship before long, cause their twitter has been focusing a lot more on their own stuff, and less on terraria... but i also can't help but wonder if all the negative comments from the toxic parts of this community pushed them away.

i also know absolutely nothing about DR studios, so i dunno what to expect...

they might provide us some good work, but for all i know, they could possibly screw everything up.

the mobile and console versions are VASTLY different... so i'm just... kinda doubtful toward them.

honestly, it's starting to feel like console terraria is that child that no one wants...

it feels like we've been getting adopted only to be returned to the orphanage shortly after.

i figured some bad news was awaiting us, and this is basically it.

anyway... i'll really miss pipeworks, i appreciated their hard work and them making terraria so much better for console players.

i hope they succeed with their own IPs and everything, and i hope they know how grateful most of us are.

i dunno if terraria is in good hands anymore, though... and until DR studios proves themselves, i'm gonna be very unsure of what to expect.

as if by some ill omen, the weather went from extremely clear and sunny... to being dark and stormy after seeing this news.

so... that really doesn't help my thoughts on the future of terraria. %:sigh:

Last edited:

i mean, i had a nagging feeling pipeworks was gonna be jumping ship before long, cause their twitter has been focusing a lot more on their own stuff, and less on terraria... but i also can't help but wonder if all the negative comments from the toxic parts of this community pushed them away.

i also know absolutely nothing about DR studios, so i dunno what to expect... they might provide us some good work, but for all i know, they could possibly screw everything up.

the mobile and console versions are VASTLY different... so i'm just... kinda doubtful toward them.

honestly, it's starting to feel like console terraria is that child that no one wants... it feels like we've been getting adopted only to be returned to the orphanage shortly after.

anyway... i'll really miss pipeworks, i appreciated their hard work and them making terraria so much better for console players.

i hope they succeed with their own IPs and everything, and i hope they know how grateful most of us are.

i dunno if terraria is in good hands anymore, though... and until DR studios proves themselves, i'm gonna be very unsure of what to expect.

as if by some ill omen, the weather went from extremely clear and sunny... to being dark and stormy after seeing this news.

Oh, trust me, DR is good, like G O O D, I mean, they are apparently only a team of five and they finished mobile 1.3 in 9 months all by themselves where some other companies failed miserably (which is why mobile 1.3 took so long). Also, look at how fast they are doing mobile 1.4! Trust me, this transition is for the best.

i also know absolutely nothing about DR studios, so i dunno what to expect... they might provide us some good work, but for all i know, they could possibly screw everything up.

honestly, it's starting to feel like console terraria is that child that no one wants... it feels like we've been getting adopted only to be returned to the orphanage shortly after.

From what I can tell, console players make up much of the audience to many multi--platform games like this. To leave Console in the dust would be a fatal mistake for Terraria. I'm willing to say that this is far from bad for Console.

What is surprising me is how much Terraria, across all its platforms, changes leadership. I've seen it many times in the history, and I'm sure everyone else has. I don't doubt this change is going to be good, but this is an unprecedented piece of news.

Oh, trust me, DR is good, like G O O D, I mean, they are apparently only a team of five and they finished mobile 1.3 in 9 months all by themselves where some other companies failed miserably (which is why mobile 1.3 took so long). Also, look at how fast they are doing mobile 1.4! Trust me, this transition is for the best.

doing things quickly doesn't mean they're being done right.

and like i said, console and mobile are vastly different.

i don't trust them yet, and i won't until i see what they can actually do for console.

i don't trust them yet, and i won't until i see what they can actually do for console.
I just want to say that you are being INCREDIBLY pessimistic...

I just want to say that you are being INCREDIBLY pessimistic...

and what were you expecting to accomplish with such an obvious statement?

optimism blinds you to the truth, so i tend to avoid that, it's practically synonymous with denial.

pessimism keeps you from being disappointed, and prepares you for the worst... and 2020 has been giving us exactly that.

so i'm not going to slap on a false smile and pretend this is good news to me, cause as far as i'm concerned, it isn't.

not until i see otherwise, anyway.

So the baton gets passed on. Again. :/

I wonder what changes under the hood that will bring to console terraria. The backend that Pipeworks built with Unity is probably out. What will replace it? Mono? I know Mono is available now as an option on consoles. It wasn't available when Pipeworks started working on Terraria.

Is that what DR uses in the mobile version?

i also know absolutely nothing about DR studios, so i dunno what to expect...

they might provide us some good work, but for all i know, they could possibly screw everything up.

honestly, it's starting to feel like console terraria is that child that no one wants...

it feels like we've been getting adopted only to be returned to the orphanage shortly after.

and what were you expecting to accomplish with such an obvious statement?

optimism blinds you to the truth, so i tend to avoid that, it's practically synonymous with denial.

pessimism keeps you from being disappointed, and prepares you for the worst... and 2020 has been giving us exactly that.

so i'm not going to slap on a false smile and pretend this is good news to me, cause as far as i'm concerned, it isn't.

not until i see otherwise, anyway.
I just found that DR studios works on console games too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom