Terraria State of the Game - August 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
he's free to say those things, but getting to walk away without atleast a smack across the face is something i can't stand for.
@ZeroJinKui, please take a step back. Saying that someone needs “at least a smack across the face” is crossing the line. Players are allowed to express that they don’t like the work of the developers. Although it may have been harsher than I personally think is necessary, there have been no rules violation that “need to be punished”.

If you would like to discuss this further, I’m happy to do so - please send me a private message HERE.

For everyone - It would be great if this would be the end of any bickering in this thread. If it’s not, then the disruption may be handled by removing members from the thread.

He has a point about glitches not getting fixed though.
The utterly game-breaking Vortex Beater glitch that allowed you to get infinite summons and get such high dps to beat the Moon Lord in SECONDS is something that should've been fixed within a week or two, not several MONTHS. Putting all of the bug-fixes into big updates rather than fixing the big ones first and later getting to the small ones was a mistake. (This was being made before the above message was put out, so I figured I'd still post it)

*sigh*
I really pity this new generation and what they consider as "insults" nowdays.
And the fact that they want any criticism that they don't like to be flatout censored..
@Lythael, it’s been handled. Please leave it be so that the thread can be get on track.

is this where the community is headed?

this is the most toxic post so far... and it shows just how far the community has fallen.

i don't even think i want to be here, anymore, especially when posts like this go unpunished.

this makes me sick.
I've removed the video as I always forget little kids are on here, and the language isn't appropriate.

Last edited:
Hrmm... I really wish they added achievements for completing Expert and Master modes, but I guess that'll never happen. If they wanted Master to be just bragging rights, why not add a very flashy icon to shove into everyone's face then? It's the same idea, but more trustworthy.

Shouldn't be too difficult to come up with execution either. For example, check if a freshly created character has started from and only ever played on some expert/master world, without anyone else visiting it till they kill ML.

Hrmm... I really wish they added achievements for completing Expert and Master modes, but I guess that'll never happen. If they wanted Master to be just bragging rights, why not add a very flashy icon to shove into everyone's face then? It's the same idea, but more trustworthy.

Shouldn't be too difficult to come up with execution either. For example, check if a freshly created character has started from and only ever played on some expert/master world, without anyone else visiting it till they kill ML.

I personally think this isn’t all the achievements. I’ve heard hints or suggestions about achievements for world purity, golf, or playing songs, and it would make sense for there to be bestiary related achievements too. If they aren’t stopping at 100, as evident by there being 15 here, I suspect there are more than are being shown.

On a separate note, there are less controlling ways of making an expert/master achievement. Just because you played multiplayer or joined other worlds doesn’t mean you didn’t beat the game.

If I were to do it, I would make it so that it would check if “required” bosses were beaten in the world, as well as checking to make sure the player has a certain amount of play time in that world. This is easier to cheese, yes, but that’s better than players not getting the achievement for unrelated factors.

Or we could just not have an expert/master achievement as Terraria is a sandbox game and they would be needlessly hard to set up to both be cheeseproof and unrestrictive.

Last edited:
the ps4 controls i have set up work perfectly and are very comfortable for me.

i don't want that messed up, is all.

1598881050144.png

This is from the current mobile version - I would say that they share your sentiments of "providing things that are comfortable vs the existing status quo vs providing new approaches all at once". :)

I hope they can bring some of the suite of settings/options that exist on mobile over to consoles as well. Even if it would be overwhelming for some players, it really does provide for a customizable experience.

That said, we shall see what all that will encompass, but I do know that initial conversations around supporting familiar as well as new things have happened.

As with us all, you will have to wait and see.

Or we could just not have an expert/master achievement as Terraria is a sandbox game and they would be needlessly hard to set up to both be cheeseproof and unrestrictive.
I'm fairly certain that people who treat Terraria as a primarily sandbox game, rather than action based/roguelite, wouldn't care about achievements anyway.

I found a bug on switch where the wall of flesh did not spawn and the guide died on expert mode for some reason I have a video.
1. Guide died
2. Dropped from a killed voodoo demon
3. was at 37 health when it fell in lava
I have a video if it needs confirming.
I just want to see if anyone has had this bug:)

I found a bug on switch where the wall of flesh did not spawn and the guide died on expert mode for some reason I have a video.
1. Guide died
2. Dropped from a killed voodoo demon
3. was at 37 health when it fell in lava
I have a video if it needs confirming.
I just want to see if anyone has had this bug:)
If the guide is dead the wall of flesh can’t spawn.

Yay! August status!
Ok, lemme guess dem achievements...
View attachment 289460
1. Defeat the Queen Slime
2. Defeat the Empress
3. Craft the Zenith
4. Obtain a fairy? (thanks @Derpling Ω )
5. Defeat Dreadnautilus (thanks @Greybrynn )
6. Get full NPC happiness on an NPC?
7. Obtain Terraspark Boots
8. Have a party happen in your world (thanks @Derpling Ω )
9. Get all 3 town pets
10. Obtain the Lavaproof Fishing Hook (thanks @Derpling Ω )
11. Defeat OOA
12. Fly a kite (thanks @Derpling Ω )
13. Create/enter a graveyard? (thanks @scientistB )
14. Fall victim to a Dead Man's Chest (thanks @Derpling Ω )
15: Obtain a Gnome
That's cool, but am I the only one confused about OOA?

Edit: Oh it's Old One's Army. Well, I've just proven myself stupid

um the guide died when the voodoo doll hit the lava just like normal. he was not dead before.
Was the Wall of Flesh already alive in your world? If you had died to him about 5 minutes before he could still have been in the underworld wandering.

If it isn't already too late, do you think a way to actuate gravity blocks could be implemented? Ever since 1.4, gravity blocks would fall through actuated blocks to allow sand traps to work, but this makes using that for building purposes impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom