Terraria State of the Game - August 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
To Loki: Answer my comment already!! Please! I want to understand that!

What exact comment is that? I mean its pretty much as it has been described in the back and forth in the total. Each month, whatever news on whatever is going on that is able to be shared... is shared.

Mobile folks haven't had any huge news in months - because they already have Journey's End, and they understand that its Console's turn... and then the Console folks will understand its Switch's turn... and then, if all goes to plan, the drive to parity for all. After that? Well, we've said we are gonna take a shot at crossplay. We will see how that goes.

After that? We shall see. As for our other projects, we will discuss them when the time is right. I believe we learned a powerful and costly lesson in the past about speaking to new projects in detail before they are ready.

you know... i was going to respond to this whole thing... but i had so many quotes and walls of text building up it would've been enough to fill a book.

i decided to throw all that away to avoid participating in a completely meaningless argument.

cause let's be honest... no matter WHAT we say, this kid is going to keep complaining and acting like a self-righteous martyr over petty issues.

anyway, excited for the 1.4 news... but my wait continues, since i don't wanna start playing until 1.4.1.

far too many important additions and changes in that update for me to settle for anything less for my first 1.4 playthrough.

hopefully 1.4 launches with very little issue so everyone else can enjoy themselves, atleast.

Heckin 1.4 tmodloader alpha HYPE.

I can't survive without block swap but I ALSO can't survive without magic storage. I realize it's still a ways out, but progress is pogress!

I can't imagine how much fun mods on terraria would be but as I'm dodging 1.4 screenshots and content alike. I'm just keen to play a fresh new world on master mode without knowing a thing and screaming and questioning what the hell every single thing I see is.

I'm angry because we wait a lot of time to see if the next State of the game will come with good content and I end up seeing nothing at all. PC news was a total garbage. What does 20000 packs and worlds mean??? What have those developer's choices to do with what I wanted to see? Nothing! And the "What else is going on?" is trash, I want to know about if some good event is coming or you are preparing yourselves to Terraria 2 or whatever! That thing you said means nothing! You screwed us! And the bug reports, well, they aren't actual news, they are for people who are lazy enough for not searching were to put it or whatever else.
And what about tModLoader news? Also nothing! They aren't telling us how much they advanced and just telling us the same things again and again! I'm so sad now... I think I can't expect really good and useful news coming from this place. It's just... A reprize, or something like it. And before people start to say "but you have console and mobile news and they are super cool and exiting": I don't care about a platform where I don't play. Congrats for you who plays in one of these and is now experiencing 1.4 version but now we, from PC are receiving NO news at all. That's it.
Roast me.
it's almost as if PC is finished with updates as well as the fact that re-logic already stated they wouldn't make a terraria 2 at this point it just sounds like your grabbing for straws to be mad about something, but oh well everything seems to be resolved by now

Last edited:
Thank you. You all always say I'm childish. But never try to understand my reasons. That's bad. But I'm strong and go forward, and let people hurt me and I try to continue my life as if nothing happened. And this thing of "you don't always get what you want" is the perfect answer for those who want to feel superior, as if they know the world and the life better than others. Let me clear that out: I never, but never get what I want in my life.

I have never said you are childish, and I didn't in my post. I said that your post read as childish. Not the same thing at all.

I can say "You don't always get what you want" because my over 40 years on this planet have taught me that that is the case.

When I was a kid I wanted a family that loved me, fed me, and cared for me properly. I didn't get what I wanted. I got to eat raw eggs I stole from the kitchen because I was starving.

When I was older, I wanted to go to school without people bullying me for being gay, in care, and wierd. I didn't get what I wanted. I got beaten, spat on, and called everything you could imagine.

As an adult, I wanted a nice house with a garden and animals. I didn't get what I wanted. I got a small flat in a tower block.

Saying "You don't always get what you want" has nothing to do with wanting to feel superior. It's a fact of life. A fact many, many people in this world are very aware of. Life is strewn with unfulfilled wants and desires - sometimes those wants are out of our control, and sometimes they are unachievable. The key is recognising those times and adjusting our desires to better fit reality.

Look, I'm not aiming to be a :red:, or denigrate you in any way. I'm saying, that if you go through life hoping all your wants will be fulfilled, you're going to be sorely disappointed. It just don't happen that way.

Edited to fix typo.

I'm angry because we wait a lot of time to see if the next State of the game will come with good content and I end up seeing nothing at all. PC news was a total garbage. What does 20000 packs and worlds mean??? What have those developer's choices to do with what I wanted to see? Nothing! And the "What else is going on?" is trash, I want to know about if some good event is coming or you are preparing yourselves to Terraria 2 or whatever! That thing you said means nothing! You screwed us! And the bug reports, well, they aren't actual news, they are for people who are lazy enough for not searching were to put it or whatever else.
And what about tModLoader news? Also nothing! They aren't telling us how much they advanced and just telling us the same things again and again! I'm so sad now... I think I can't expect really good and useful news coming from this place. It's just... A reprize, or something like it. And before people start to say "but you have console and mobile news and they are super cool and exiting": I don't care about a platform where I don't play. Congrats for you who plays in one of these and is now experiencing 1.4 version but now we, from PC are receiving NO news at all. That's it.
Roast me.
I think this is a obvious troll, if not, it is sad to be so hypocritical

I don't know what you mean. What's the problem of me not caring about something I shouldn't care? This is ridiculous. I can't be an hypocrite. And these are NOT massive news. They mean absolutely nothing to me because I don't play in said plaforms. And that's ok. Why should anyone care? Or do you have any personal problem with me only? I don't understand. And:

Yes, PC has finished. So there should be no PC part of the announcement either if there's no content at all to show (by that I mean good content). Ant the reason for having a content is that now that they said there were news, I lost my time reading the same kind of thing I read in various other States of the game. This is being a waste of time. And you know what I think about wasting time? I hate it. Time is most valuable thing in the universe and I won't lose more, neither with the game states, nor with this conversation. It is said.

I was thinking that you were going to understand that it wasn't literally that, but you didn't. I meant that if they put PC NEWS in large words, they are telling us that there's something to say, that I spected it to be good. I was wrong. And I think that they should simply remove it if they aren't going to put any good news. And that includes other topics. And stop being traditional and conservative, embrace the changes, the innovation, and not wasting (others, and your) time.

Thank you. You all always say I'm childish. But never try to understand my reasons. That's bad. But I'm strong and go forward, and let people hurt me and I try to continue my life as if nothing happened. And this thing of "you don't always get what you want" is the perfect answer for those who want to feel superior, as if they know the world and the life better than others. Let me clear that out: I never, but never get what I want in my life.

Is it clear for you boys?
continue in life like nothing happened is like the worst mentality you can have, you filter out all hate yes, but also valid critisism, the best thing you can do is listen to what a person says, selfreflect and try to fix that 1 issue.

What exact comment is that? I mean its pretty much as it has been described in the back and forth in the total. Each month, whatever news on whatever is going on that is able to be shared... is shared.

Mobile folks haven't had any huge news in months - because they already have Journey's End, and they understand that its Console's turn... and then the Console folks will understand its Switch's turn... and then, if all goes to plan, the drive to parity for all. After that? Well, we've said we are gonna take a shot at crossplay. We will see how that goes.

After that? We shall see. As for our other projects, we will discuss them when the time is right. I believe we learned a powerful and costly lesson in the past about speaking to new projects in detail before they are ready.
Oh, ok. Thank you. Sorry for that... fight. And all the complains.
They haven’t even released a price yet….
I thought I read a price somewhere...
it's almost as if PC is finished with updates as well as the fact that re-logic already stated they wouldn't make a terraria 2 at this point it just sounds like your grabbing for straws to be mad about something, but oh well everything seems to be resolved by now
Yeah, it's all resolved now... "Resolved" with lots of quotation marks.
I have never said you are childish, and I didn't in my post. I said that your post read as childish. Not the same thing at all.

I can say "You don't always get what you want" because my over 40 years on this planet have taught me that that is the case.

When I was a kid I wanted a family that loved me, fed me, and cared for me properly. I didn't get what I wanted. I got to eat raw eggs I stole from the kitchen because I was starving.

When I was older, I wanted to go to school without people bullying me for being gay, in care, and wierd. I didn't get what I wanted. I got beaten, spat on, and called everything you could imagine.

As an adult, I wanted a nice house with a garden and animals. I didn't get what I wanted. I got a small flat in a tower block.

Saying "You don't always get what you want" has nothing to do with wanting to feel superior. It's a fact of life. A fact many, many people in this world are very aware of. Life is strewn with unfulfilled wants and desires - sometimes those wants are out of our control, and sometimes they are unachievable. The key is recognising those times and adjusting our desires to better fit reality.

Look, I'm not aiming to be a :red:, or denigrate you in any way. I'm saying, that if you go through life hoping all your wants will be fulfilled, you're going to be sorely disappointed. It just don't happen that way.

Edited to fix typo.
Wow... I have no words.. Really.
I think this is a obvious troll, if not, it is sad to be so hypocritical
Let's ignore this comment from now on.

imo terraria is far from finished, tho personally if I would work on the same game for 10 years I would go insane, terraria is near perfect enough to be good, only real balance problem I still have is how will zenith affect mods, and how will whips affect mods, but both can be fixed by mods, and as tmod will be finished... eventually, there will be no problem with the game.

imo terraria is far from finished, tho personally if I would work on the same game for 10 years I would go insane, terraria is near perfect enough to be good, only real balance problem I still have is how will zenith affect mods, and how will whips affect mods, but both can be fixed by mods, and as tmod will be finished... eventually, there will be no problem with the game.
To me it's somewhat the same thing. I also think it's an unfinished game. But I'm thinking more about other things.

Yep, I can't wait until it more mobile news. But congratulations for any and all console players to play 1.4.

To me it's somewhat the same thing. I also think it's an unfinished game. But I'm thinking more about other things.

people calling terraria "unfinished" when it was a complete game at 1.1, and every major update since then has only made it bigger and better in every way, all for FREE... is honestly frustrating.

especially when so many games out there cost $60 and have chunks of content literally removed/locked and sold later for almost the same price.

terraria IS a finished game, and the people behind it have shown a level of passion for their creation that i've rarely seen over the past several decades.

people calling terraria "unfinished" when it was a complete game at 1.1, and every major update since then has only made it bigger and better in every way, all for FREE... is honestly frustrating.

especially when so many games out there cost $60 and have chunks of content literally removed/locked and sold later for almost the same price.

terraria IS a finished game, and the people behind it have shown a level of passion for their creation that i've rarely seen over the past several decades.
My thoughts exactly. I considered it finished on PS Vita. Every thing else since is a bonus. Plus it's a bargain: hundreds of hours of play for £12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom