Terraria State of the Game - August 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
people calling terraria "unfinished" when it was a complete game at 1.1, and every major update since then has only made it bigger and better in every way, all for FREE... is honestly frustrating.

especially when so many games out there cost $60 and have chunks of content literally removed/locked and sold later for almost the same price.

terraria IS a finished game, and the people behind it have shown a level of passion for their creation that i've rarely seen over the past several decades.
I agree, Terraria have always be free content and you have to do is just wait until the update is finished.
To me it's somewhat the same thing. I also think it's an unfinished game. But I'm thinking more about other things.
But in Terraria case, the game is finished, what do you else is going to happen. Last year's (2020) Re Logic said themselves the game is finished contant wise. They mostly likely will continue developing game for JUST bugs fix's or anything else small. (For example more weapons and accessory balance changes) Not game changing like added more bosses and more biomes and anything else big) By the way why else do you even want? Tmodloader is the game future which means moving forward you want something new play modded. It is easy to do that and free. Re Logic is ending support for vanilla game. Stream Workshop and Tmodloader is the game future. Modders are next type of developers. No longer Re Logic.

I just wish our great modding community luck getting caught up with 1.4! I know a lot of the rebalancing doesn't really matter for calameme since it totally overrides vanilla balance anyways, but things like Fargos and Thorium, and less content-heavy mods might have a lot to account for. Good luck y'all! And thank you!
Yeah, I can't imagine all the things that need to be changed in 1.4 conversion. Best of luck to all you modders out there!

That's it? Just the crossplay. What is the end goal to expect from crossplay? What playthroughs to expect? I suppose I have several questions. `:confused:
I am guessing how it will work. I know one game does crossplay. Minecraft Bedrock Edition, MC have one system which is Miscsoft system. I think Terraria have will have something similar or completely different then Minecraft. I don't know for sure.

I am guessing how it will work. I know one game does crossplay. Minecraft Bedrock Edition, MC have one system which is Miscsoft system. I think Terraria have will have something similar or completely different then Minecraft. I don't know for sure.
I think I have an idea about how it'll work. I wonder if the member would look forward to having opportunities to bring friends who own Terraria on different consoles to do a playthrough or something. Overall, what and why are my fellow console Players looking forward to this update?

I just wish our great modding community luck getting caught up with 1.4! I know a lot of the rebalancing doesn't really matter for calameme since it totally overrides vanilla balance anyways, but things like Fargos and Thorium, and less content-heavy mods might have a lot to account for. Good luck y'all! And thank you!
Oh man, it sucks even for calamity with it, they have to redo lids amounts of codes basically changing it to fit the current one… it kind of would be nice if 1.3 tmod could support 1.4 tmod code just to help with converting over to 1.4 a bit more
I think I have an idea about how it'll work. I wonder if the member would look forward to having opportunities to bring friends who own Terraria on different consoles to do a playthrough or something. Overall, what and why are my fellow console Players looking forward to this update?
Yeah I have an idea I think it might have something to do with servers though, like why I’ve seen is that 1.3 mobile can join the 1.3 equivalent pc of them in a server so it works so I think it may be similar to that, but hopefully also a host and play look thingy like mobile

Hey guys, I'm back oh good grief, what on earth happened here?

Also @Loki if you really want to push testting performance try a Frost Moon with the spawn rates WAY up and several other bosses spawned including the EOC, the 4 mech bosses ( i count the twins as 2 seperate entities), Duke Fishro, King Slime, Queen Slime, Empress Of Light and see if the console melts under the stress. >8D

Also Ive been keeping tabs on you guys since I heard about the news a while back from Chippy, and whilst I am very excited to know that the release of 1.4 on Console is now close, I can wait a few more days or whatever, but well done on trying to work on the new features and to stamp out all the bugs and kinks,.

As for TML 1.4 thats probably gonna be a while longer I bet but i'm not desperate for that but after the console release I look forward to the 1.4 update the NS and the parity update between PC, Console , and Mobile, but I can imagine thats gonna take a lot of work getitng the framework up and running for that, and I can't imagine it's gonna be easy either but take your time we can wait good things come to those who wait, plus id rather wait for a well developed and polished final product.

And finally, I eagerly look forward to the development of Terraria 2, I am sad that the development cycle for the PC is finished but it had a good run, and I appreicate everything that you guys have done, thanks for making a truly awesome game that I can while away my time and keep coming back to.

Forest biome statue looks great, I might have to get it.
That will cost you an arm and a leg…
1630111835221.jpeg

Unfortunately, that is driven by the underlying costs. The folks at Animegami Studios broke all that down for us when we saw the price for the first time - it really is what it is, and its not like AGS is making some gigantic profit margin either.

Definitely not for everyone, but that's how that high end collectible market goes. The 9 months no interest payment plan is a great thing though. I know I'll be punishing my wallet for one, but that's me.

The good news is that we have a ton of other options for players that want some cool stuff but don't have or want to shell out that kind of cash on one piece. We have a lot more coming soon as well, hopefully in time for the Fall/Winter. :)

I really liked the part where you promised content parity across all platforms, even though there's still exclusive content on the 3DS that hasn't been officially ported to PC. I'm sure this message will get ignored like it always does when I raise this issue, but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom