Terraria State of the Game - August 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope the Pocket Mirror will finally be able to be added to the Ankh Shield to make the Mirror Shield, I've waited years

I know neon blocks are getting added but.. in my opinion l don’t like it because it just doesn’t match the world “Terraria”
And Martian Conduit Plating does? We've got street lights, lava lamps, night vision helmets, laser machine guns, rocket launchers, cyborgs, giant robots, mad scientists, helicopters, tanks, cars, hoverbikes, and smartphones, but somehow neon would not fit?

And Martian Conduit Plating does? We've got street lights, lava lamps, night vision helmets, laser machine guns, rocket launchers, cyborgs, giant robots, mad scientists, helicopters, tanks, cars, hoverbikes, and smartphones, but somehow neon would not fit?
I already said lol l realized that neon blocks were Made from Moss ok?

LMAO !

helicopters, tanks, cars, and hoverbikes?

...did i miss something in this game?

i never knew about the elf copters... don't think i ever made it that far into the frost moon, either that or i just never noticed them.

i forgot about the santa tank... now that i think about it, i barely remember anything from the pumpkin/frost moon events.

probably were just too hectic for me.

i actually never got around to playing with the golf stuff, so i was unaware of the golf cart... not sure i'd consider that a "car", though.

hoverbikes
Sorry, I meant hoverboard.

And yeah, elf copter, santank, golf cart for the other vehicles.
not sure i'd consider that a "car", though.
Just for the anecdote, the New Chinese version (sorry, it doesn't have a page on the official wiki) features three clones of the Golf Cart: Luxury Convertible, Pickup Truck, and (since the KFC crossover, yes it's real) Delivery Bike.

Edit:
First look at the fabled Neon Bricks:
Also if you look closely, it seems we will have the ability toucan.

Last edited:
Console and Mobile have had this for quite some time. That doesn’t necessarily mean it’s coming to PC, to be clear.

That screenshot is from Switch.

i do hope the alt-buttons functionality makes it to PC. while it's possible through steam input to work around the limitation, built-in support in terraria itself would be much more fluid.

Awesome! Can’t wait for the neon/moss bricks!

Edit: I saw the echo shards in MC last night, and now I am wondering about the upcoming echo blocks in Terraria. Are “we” absolutely sure moss and neon bricks are the same thing?

Edit 2: Really looking forward to the first complete cross platform update. I’m sure this will get me playing Terraria again sooner than I thought though on Switch handheld mode.

Last edited:
Are “we” absolutely sure moss and neon bricks are the same thing?
Glowing mosses are named after noble gases -- krypton (green), xenon (blue) and argon (pink). This is somewhat based on real colors in gas discharge lamps: krypton glows green to blue, xenon glows blue, and argon glows violet to lavender blue. Those gas discharge lamps are generally called neon lights even when they don't actually use neon gas (which glows orange, by the way), so likewise, neon blocks/bricks are just a generic name for bricks crafted from these glowing mosses.

I'm actually vaguely curious about the name of the purple moss. To go with the existing names, one could expect neon, but that's not the right color, not that it matters too much in a world where the Sun rises in the West and where metal hardness is directly proportional to its monetary value...

Glowing mosses are named after noble gases -- krypton (green), xenon (blue) and argon (pink). This is somewhat based on real colors in gas discharge lamps: krypton glows green to blue, xenon glows blue, and argon glows violet to lavender blue. Those gas discharge lamps are generally called neon lights even when they don't actually use neon gas (which glows orange, by the way), so likewise, neon blocks/bricks are just a generic name for bricks crafted from these glowing mosses.

I'm actually vaguely curious about the name of the purple moss. To go with the existing names, one could expect neon, but that's not the right color, not that it matters too much in a world where the Sun rises in the West and where metal hardness is directly proportional to its monetary value...
Good to know. Thanks for the info. I was just thinking or hoping that perhaps the neon bricks would be without the border like on the moss bricks in the picture for artist/drawing/sculpting purposes…just a minute detail in thought but it would give a very retro look to drawings. 😄

Edit: For that matter having both a neon set (4 currently) and a basic color ROY G BIV set without borders (just solid colors) would be great for artists and building in general.

Last edited:

Purple could be Radon, Helium or Neon, since they are also noble gases, but there is a theory that Lava Moss is Neon

Purple could be Radon, Helium or Neon, since they are also noble gases, but there is a theory that Lava Moss is Neon
I like the idea. There are 7 noble gases so why not 6 or 7 neon colors then (roygbiv)? I’ll take 4 but Hmmm…

Edit: helium and xenon…yellow and red? Purple should be argon.

Last edited:
How will you obtain the different brick textures?
will there be a way to convert normal bricks?
Also…
I like moss bricks, their texture reminds me of… tetris?

Sorry, I meant hoverboard.

And yeah, elf copter, santank, golf cart for the other vehicles.

Just for the anecdote, the New Chinese version (sorry, it doesn't have a page on the official wiki) features three clones of the Golf Cart: Luxury Convertible, Pickup Truck, and (since the KFC crossover, yes it's real) Delivery Bike.

Edit:
First look at the fabled Neon Bricks:
Also if you look closely, it seems we will have the ability toucan.

think it's safe to say anything in the chinese version is non-canon.

otherwise they'd be in all versions of the game.

there's a reason certain bosses don't exist in the current version of terraria.

guess this means the chinese version won't be involved with crossplay, if that becomes a thing.

Edit: also, i thought you were referring to the actual santa tank boss... i had no idea there was an actual tank mount, i just found it on the wiki.

but it says it's master mode only?

i thought master mode only had those gold boss trophy things... had no idea it had exclusive drops other than those.

was it always like that? :dryadwhat:

Last edited:
think it's safe to say anything in the chinese version is non-canon.

otherwise they'd be in all versions of the game.

there's a reason certain bosses don't exist in the current version of terraria.

guess this means the chinese version won't be involved with crossplay, if that becomes a thing.

Edit: also, i thought you were referring to the actual santa tank boss... i had no idea there was an actual tank mount, i just found it on the wiki.

but it says it's master mode only?

i thought master mode only had those gold boss trophy things... had no idea it had exclusive drops other than those.

was it always like that? :dryadwhat:
The bosses drop treasure bags with special items only gotten in expert and/or master mode. Yes it’s been like that for as long as I can remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom