Terraria State of the Game - August 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updates will come to an end eventually but as a business they are still making money on it. So why not more updates? And zero doubt once this is done there will be a Terraria 2 regardless of updates or not. I mean this next update hits the brick wall of no more liquids capable of being added then.

Edit: I personally prefer them to fully flesh out part one before working on or releasing part 2 with hopefully a stronger game engine.

eh, i suppose... but how long until updates cause instability or hit a wall in the current versions?

after all, the previous gen couldn't take anything beyond 1.2.

that's one concern i have.

i don't want the game to be broken, or for them to add so much without thinking about console, only to find out too late the console versions won't be able to have a certain update, leaving the plan screwed over and the game incomplete on consoles. %:sigh:

just imagine, with the final goal being crossplay, but they push the game to the absolute limit, and consoles are unable to have the actual final update for whatever reason... that's just going to be one huge kick in the teeth for everyone, and the PC side will just fan the flames, cause that's what they like to do. %-_-

eh, i suppose... but how long until updates cause instability or hit a wall in the current versions?

after all, the previous gen couldn't take anything beyond 1.2.

that's one concern i have.

i don't want the game to be broken, or for them to add so much without thinking about console, only to find out too late the console versions won't be able to have a certain update, leaving the plan screwed over and the game incomplete on consoles. %:sigh:

just imagine, with the final goal being crossplay, but they push the game to the absolute limit, and consoles are unable to have the actual final update for whatever reason... that's just going to be one huge kick in the teeth for everyone, and the PC side will just fan the flames, cause that's what they like to do. %-_-
Oops hit wrong button…LOL the PC side…anyways that is part of the reason why Relogic hired outside help with the console version etc. They are definitely considering all these factors. Crossplay would be nice but I’m ok without it. What versions do you have? I have PC and Switch but can’t remember if I have 3ds (I think I do). I wouldn’t worry too much about it. @Redigit is a smart guy and good CEO of his company.

Rubble Maker 3000!!
w00t_01.png

Oops hit wrong button…LOL the PC side…anyways that is part of the reason why Relogic hired outside help with the console version etc. They are definitely considering all these factors. Crossplay would be nice but I’m ok without it. What versions do you have? I have PC and Switch but can’t remember if I have 3ds (I think I do). I wouldn’t worry too much about it. @Redigit is a smart guy and good CEO of his company.

i play on PS4, but i've been considering getting the game on switch, as well...

only reason i haven't yet is because of that concern... don't wanna get the switch version only to see that version go without all the updates.

also, they had outside help with the console versions the whole time, there were always other people working on them.

didn't stop the previous gen from hitting a wall, though.

I got Terraria on PC, Switch, Mobile, PS4, and PS5, i still got it on xbox360 too i think but thats a legacy version mind, also thats funny someone mentioned new wood, I think was thinking abiut some new woods and tree, id like some porper cavetrees/cavewood like in Avernum/Exile or even some Helltrees that only grow in the Underworld, tahst just my opinion mind.

i play on PS4, but i've been considering getting the game on switch, as well...

only reason i haven't yet is because of that concern... don't wanna get the switch version only to see that version go without all the updates.

also, they had outside help with the console versions the whole time, there were always other people working on them.

didn't stop the previous gen from hitting a wall, though.
And of course it was largely Nintendo and their whole kinda lackluster cpus. Switch I’m confident though will hang in there and it’s only $20 digital to be able to play on the go Vs steam deck let alone mobile which I just won’t do.

EDIT: And it runs great on Switch compared to Minecraft which runs like **** on Switch.

EDIT 2: Underworld trees would be nice and add a lot to the scenery/visuals but I still would rather see the willow sprite get tweaked and add its wood.

Last edited:
@Kubiquity^3 Fair enough, Adding/tweaking in some more trees including real trees like willow trees would be cool, Id wouldnt mind birch, pine, fir, and spruce trees either, personally I prefer the PC version, but I do like the Console versions, the Mobile version is ok don;t get me wrong I got it on my Kindle Fire 7 but when I played I legit struggled the controls were very different and hard for me to get used to cause of my autism, but I dont have anything against the Mobile base myself.

I'm still just pleased that Terraria finally won a Steam award. It was long overdue, especially the Labor of Love award.

Could we please get either one hint or reveal perhaps for the new liquid?
Here's a guess: There are now Poo Blocks in the game, thus we can extrapolate... Give it a minute.

Of course, I don't think for a single second that this is the case, I just want to imagine people's faces as they read that sentence.

I know, it would be amazing. I'm also hoping that poo blocks have the stink potion lines coming off of them.
I'm calling it now: If you build a house out of Poo Blocks and make it your spawn point, you get the Crazy As A :red:house Rat achievement, and a :red:house Rat pet is added to your inventory.

You watch; I can't win contests to save my life, but I'll joke about this and, against all odds and common sense (and taste?), it will come true.

Last edited:
Also devs how about after 1.4.4 you add the Workshop, Resource Packs, and TModLoader to the Mobile and Console versions? *cheeky grin*

Also devs how about after 1.4.4 you add the Workshop, Resource Packs, and TModLoader to the Mobile and Console versions? *cheeky grin*

Convince Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Apple, and Android to allow such a thing, and then maybe it will be possible. Gimme a call when you've got them all on board. ;)

Convince Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Apple, and Android to allow such a thing, and then maybe it will be possible. Gimme a call when you've got them all on board. ;)
Would it be possible, in terms of world sharing, to publish/upload them as DLC somewhere? As in: publish → cleanse viruses → download?

Ha, ha, ha, yeah, it be nice if they allow it, but heh, you knew I was only teasing, right? Better yet we could just unleash Chippy on them.

LMAO…too bad people can’t get access to the files on each company’s product. Then perhaps TEdit would work with some updates to it. @ED209

Would it be possible, in terms of world sharing, to publish/upload them as DLC somewhere? As in: publish → cleanse viruses → download?

Whoever invents such a reliable system/service that doesn't require dozens of employees manually reviewing each individual mod for malicious code will probably be a very rich person.

This is the sort of thing that would be the purview of a major tech company (like Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo) and well outside of the means of an indie dev like ourselves.

Whoever invents such a reliable system/service that doesn't require dozens of employees manually reviewing each individual mod for malicious code will probably be a very rich person.

This is the sort of thing that would be the purview of a major tech company (like Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo) and well outside of the means of an indie dev like ourselves.
That's what I meant, someone uploads a file to a Sony Terraria cloud, it goes through their usual virus detection and then it's either cleared and used "sold" as free DLC, or not cleared and the user notified. Obviously it would have to be Sony etc.

Also, I wasn't talking about mods, that would be a whole other thing (TModLoader for console for example).

Coatings explained. Biggest spoiler is that you can combine them -- it's not like paint or you can use only one type at a time.

And now, for the latest episode of "Terraria devs just can't stop thinking about new stuff to add":

Alright, that's it, it's a pretty short and disappointing episode I know... PSYCH!

So Terraria 1.4.4 has not been released yet, but it looks like you can already get hyped for Terraria 1.4.5!

Because I'm pretty sure that this crossover update will not be in 1.4.4. The release date for 1.4.4 is known already, so if it were in 1.4.4, I suppose the announcement would just say that, instead of saying "a bigger update later on". I don't know for sure, but that's my hunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom