Terraria State of the Game - August 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW. The coating stuff is great. I read the core keeper update before but I’ll believe what they have to say about a 1.4.5 update when I see Relogic confirm it…lol. That is great the whole illuminant coating AND neon bricks coming not to mention all the lighting possibilities. I’ll definitely get lost in the details back into building eventually. 😄

the rubblemaker and coating stuff is really awesome...

...shame i won't be able to do anything cool with them, cause i'm STILL no good at building. %:sigh:

though, when is the third spoiler video coming out?

it's the 22nd... checked both khaios and cheesypaninie's channels... nothing new.

the rubblemaker and coating stuff is really awesome...

...shame i won't be able to do anything cool with them, cause i'm STILL no good at building. %:sigh:

though, when is the third spoiler video coming out?

it's the 22nd... checked both khaios and cheesypaninie's channels... nothing new.

Not sure but that was the second video released today by Khaios, and they were released 3 days apart. So maybe 3 more days for the third video.

Last edited:
really?

i thought it was three videos each containing something new... so really, we only got TWO spoilers.

As soon as the first one came out (Rubblemaker) the 3rd was listed as a further exploration of Rubblemaker's functionality. It was never stated to be 3 distinct spoiler features, just 3 videos. This was a better fit so that Khaios and Cheesy could each do an introduction as well as an exploration of the Rubblemaker's functionality, without being a 20 minute long video on just one of their channel's.

As soon as the first one came out (Rubblemaker) the 3rd was listed as a further exploration of Rubblemaker's functionality. It was never stated to be 3 distinct spoiler features, just 3 videos. This was a better fit so that Khaios and Cheesy could each do an introduction as well as an exploration of the Rubblemaker's functionality, without being a 20 minute long video on just one of their channel's.

ah, where was that listed?

cause i only saw the tweet someone posted on page 8, i think it was... which listed 3 spoiler videos, and no details on what they'd be.

well, still pretty excited for the new additions, even if they won't be used to their full potential in my hands. :dryadsmile:

ah, where was that listed?

cause i only saw the tweet someone posted on page 8, i think it was... which listed 3 spoiler videos, and no details on what they'd be.

well, still pretty excited for the new additions, even if they won't be used to their full potential in my hands. :dryadsmile:
It was posted on Terraria's Steam page, that's where I've seen it anyway.

Coatings explained. Biggest spoiler is that you can combine them -- it's not like paint or you can use only one type at a time.

And now, for the latest episode of "Terraria devs just can't stop thinking about new stuff to add":

Alright, that's it, it's a pretty short and disappointing episode I know... PSYCH!

So Terraria 1.4.4 has not been released yet, but it looks like you can already get hyped for Terraria 1.4.5!

Because I'm pretty sure that this crossover update will not be in 1.4.4. The release date for 1.4.4 is known already, so if it were in 1.4.4, I suppose the announcement would just say that, instead of saying "a bigger update later on". I don't know for sure, but that's my hunch.
PPPPPPPPPPPPPPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

oh come on...

is core keeper's content in 1.4.4? shame the game is only on PC... guess i'll never play it.

labor of love would've made sense as the final update, aside from the possible crossplay update, if it becomes a thing.

so... what, are we gonna get another final update™ after 1.4.4, adding in another crossover?

when should we expect a stardew valley crossover, allowing us to get into relationships with the NPCs?

or maybe that can be a terraria 2 thing... :dryadtongue:

Last edited:
The final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final update coming when I turn 50...

ok, so there is no longer a "final update"...

but how many more updates can they POSSIBLY add?

haven't they already hit a hard limit on some things?

i recall the paint being a problem, and liquids...

also, if they keep adding more, hopefully they can keep them coming out on all platforms together, instead of leaving console players in the dust again.

that's always gonna be my concern, that console players might get screwed over...

the way they literally can't stop themselves from updating, it makes me feel like they're gonna end up adding so much that consoles hit the point where we get left out of receiving anymore updates like the previous gen... and that would seriously suck, not to mention kill any chance of crossplay.

it'd be less of a concern if we had some confirmation that there was no danger of that happening, though.

Last edited:
ok, so there is no longer a "final update"...

but how many more updates can they POSSIBLY add?

haven't they already hit a hard limit on some things?

i recall the paint being a problem, and liquids...

also, if they keep adding more, hopefully they can keep them coming out on all platforms together, instead of leaving console players in the dust again.

that's always gonna be my concern, that console players might get screwed over...

the way they literally can't stop themselves from updating, it makes me feel like they're gonna end up adding so much that consoles hit the point where we get left out of receiving anymore updates like the previous gen... and that would seriously suck, not to mention kill any chance of crossplay.

it'd be less of a concern if we had some confirmation that there was no danger of that happening, though.

While it's not impossible for previous generation consoles to get left behind, I feel like it's far more likely for the engine itself to reach it's limit first, especially considering that the engine seems to be getting stretched pretty thin now, and the previous generation consoles can still easily run the game unless you deliberately push it to the absolute max.

September 25!
Only 3 days left!
I CAN'T WITH THE UNCERTAINTY!
I need to know what is the name of that purple glowing moss! 🤣

Neon Helium Radon, Neon Helium Radon, Neon Helium Radon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom