1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

Terraria: State of the Game - December 2018

Discussion in 'PC - Re-Logic' started by Safeman, Dec 17, 2018.

1. shift

shift Terrarian

hey developer team. i like animation of tree, grass flower but i dont like fast animation.

maybe. pls have option control speed animation,

2. Lord Garak

Lord Garak Retinazer

I assume speed will be variable.

3. Koopahunter197

Koopahunter197 Spazmatism

Hmm. Looks like perhaps it could be something like Minecraft's path blocks? I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

4. Moor Al-Malik

Moor Al-Malik Eye of Cthulhu

Man, this is awesome! These are the kind of things I like from you guys! Keep it up! You have my support.

5. Vilvo2.0

Vilvo2.0 Terrarian

The only problem I have with mobiles in development UI is the hotbar. I like being able to quickly swap items, and i feel like that if theyre that close together im bound to accidentally use a summon or something.

planescaped likes this.
  6. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Mechanic

Well, here's my reaction.

Me: How's 1.3.6 coming along.
    Devs: Actively being worked on! We don't have a release date just yet. Thank you for your patience!
    How I interpret this in my head: "Look if you don't stop bugging us we will turn this car around, so help us!"
    What I said in response: A'ight. Just checking.
    What I actually meant: TWENTY-SEVENTEEN. THAT'S HOW LONG AGO YOU ANNOUNCED THIS. TWENTY. SEVEN. TEEN!!!
    What I told myself after: ... ah, whatever. I'll still be playing it.

Vayikra and Proto Persona like this.
  7. Sundance Wolf

Sundance Wolf Terrarian

Is there an estimation on when this will be released? Feels like it's taking forever. I'm looking forward to seeing it!

8. Aerion

Aerion Steampunker

It's been 21 months since 1.3.5 was released, and exactly one year since the first 1.3.6 preview. That's a lot of time for a maintenance/minor build number.
    Taking your time is fine, but please just release QoL stuff when it's ready instead of packaging it with "content" updates.

It's a bit ridiculous how long this is taking.

9. Proto Persona

Proto Persona The Destroyer

Judging from the teases we've gotten I think feature creep has set in, and this is far from a minor maintenance update anymore. Would it make it better if they just renamed it to 1.4? Version numbers are arbitrary anyways.

10. ppowersteef

ppowersteef Paladin

version numbers aren't just random. It indicates how much it changes from the previous version.

If it's just a bunch of minor changes. Then it's not worth in comparison that 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 has given.

11. Proto Persona

Sure, but what differentiates major changes from minor changes? What seperates a substantial content update from some minor quality of life changes? 1.2.4 was a huge change to the game in my opinion, even if it didn't add new biomes. 1.3.3 did add a new biome, but was still listed as a minor version update.

I'm not saying version numbers are random, because they shouldn't be. I'm saying the standards are subjective, and ultimately up to the software maker. So far each new version of the game (1.1, 1.2, 1.3) have all corresponded with new phases of the game (early & mid hardmode and endgame basically). 1.3.6 doesn't look to add anything like that. Doesn't mean it's a small update with only minor changes though, which is what @Aerion seemed to be implying.

12. Sockmonkey367

Sockmonkey367 Official Terrarian

Personal opinion: 1.3.6 could be called 1.4 and nobody could complain, though, not the same with the DD2 crossover, because it only focused on the crossover. Some people would probably be mad if the DD2 crossover thing was called 1.4

SkeletalDestroyr likes this.
  13. planescaped

planescaped Terrarian

I don't know why they don't just release a Terraria expansion since Otherworld is scrapped. They've given more than enough stuff away for free, take the time to truly improve Terraria and charge another 5$, no one would begrudge it.

14. Sockmonkey367

Sockmonkey367 Official Terrarian

^^ yea, nobody would get mad, heck, i would probably fork over 10 tbh. I mean, i love terraria THAT much. a 10 dollar game that goes on sale often with a 10 dollar DLC is worth it.

And it supports the devs, which is good

I just thought of a The Behemoth (the people who made Castle Crashers) and 505 games crossover game.

15. InstaFiz

InstaFiz Slime Collector

^^ You two are forgetting about new players. Plus, paid DLC kinda goes against what they’re all about.

16. Proto Persona

Eh, what a developer's vision is can change over time, no harm in that. Besides, there's a limit to what you should give away for free. ReLogic have gone WELL past that point in my opinion. Another injection of capital would be good for them. For the amount of enjoyment I've gotten out of Terraria I think I owe them something too.

If expansion content is truly something they're against they could offer something cosmetic. Like a costume pack or something.

17. InstaFiz

InstaFiz Slime Collector

Once again, I repeat: New players.
    Paid content isn’t really gonna be friendly for them, and it might give bad first impressions.

18. Proto Persona

So you say. Depends on the paid content. A game having DLC can send the opposite message to new players, that the dev is actively investing in the game still. It makes some players more likely to buy into a game as old as this one if they have evidence that the next project isn't on the way.

Plus we are talking about a $10 game that regularly goes for $5. If another $5-10 is going to be a problem for new players then maybe they have more important things to worry about than buying a game.

19. Doylee

Doylee Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I'm a personal believer that a game that receives constant updates to the core game itself by creating add-ons to the base experience should not be paid DLC.

Creating new experiences with vastly different content from the base game does warrant Paid DLC status in my book. New Terraria content doesn't warrent a vastly different experience from the base game, and I have great respect for the dev teams for not nickel and diming their customers because they know this.

SkeletalDestroyr and InstaFiz like this.
  20. xXNightSinisterXx

xXNightSinisterXx Steampunker

In the 1.3 update for mobile. Will we have the Celestial Pillars after the cultist is defeated? And speaking of that, will we have Moon lord and cultist?