Terraria: State of the Game - December 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we’re still doing some in-depth testing, we’ve successfully connected 8 Switch development kits together in local wireless multiplayer.

On top of that the team has been making additional modifications to the controls for the Joy-Cons and Pro Controller - which will be supported. It’s important to note that the game will not support a single Joy-Con input mode. These refinements have really helped improve the feel of the game regardless of your controller preference.

We also wanted to confirm that the current plan is to support 30 worlds & 30 characters in the Switch version, though that is subject to change.

Holy cow. I guess I'll be quadruple-dipping. AND pestering everyone I game with to get a copy. :nurseeek:

Really curious what modifications for the Joy-Cons! Also, what about the touch-screen? Or am I being too greedy? :nursecrying:

Yeah, I don't really follow Terraria or the philosophy of the devs, I literally made this account to say they should do an expansion. :p

DLC horse armor is different from say, Age of Empire 2: Age of Conquerors, or Starcraft Brood War, or BG2 Throne of Bhaal... though bizarrely a lot of people these days don't seem to distinguish the two. o_O

Charging 5-10$ for an expansion that basically adds the story aspects and some of mechanics they were planning for Otherworld into base Terraria would be pretty sweet... though I have the feeling that may not be feasible with the game engine, nor do I think they can reuse any of the work the already did.

Last edited:
Watch 2 years for an update and it will be far more disappointing than you could ever imagine. 2 YEARS there better be some really groundbreaking things on the scale of all other updates combined. If not then all this hype will backfire hard and all other games in future will be seen as meh. Lets hope not i love this game and its woth every penny just hope its not a huge letdown when the update finally hits. PC VERSION. Plus look what mods can add. VERY HARD to compete with.

Last edited:
i wonder when it will come out, i love terraria and i was so exited for terraria 1.3 on my xbox and i was watching ever stream on pipeworks waiting for it to come out, this update seems amazing and cant wait for the release, and exited for the estimated release date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom