Terraria State of the Game - February 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing the bottom right mobile screenshot I was happy seeing that finally the "division line" will be added when placing walls :happy:

If you don't know what I'm talking, in PC and console when you place different walls together there's a shadow in the form of a line that divides the walls, while in mobile the walls mix between them and they just look ugly without an outline

You can take as an example when you place a fence and a wall together, there isn't a darker outline and looks ugly

I think I'm the only Terrarian complaining about that, still I don't know if the outline was added to mobile or if it's because it's a boreal wood wall

At least the yellow shine from chests, doors and any interactive item was removed and the signs will be editable :)

(Yeah, as you can notice I like to complain about those little details like the yellow shine, but stuff like that looks ugly in mobile and even uglier when you are a builder, I think we all know which items are interactive without a yellow shine around them)

After seeing the bottom right mobile screenshot I was happy seeing that finally the "division line" will be added when placing walls :happy:

If you don't know what I'm talking, in PC and console when you place different walls together there's a shadow in the form of a line that divides the walls, while in mobile the walls mix between them and they just look ugly without an outline

You can take as an example when you place a fence and a wall together, there isn't a darker outline and looks ugly

I think I'm the only Terrarian complaining about that, still I don't know if the outline was added to mobile or if it's because it's a boreal wood wall

At least the yellow shine from chests, doors and any interactive item was removed and the signs will be editable :)

(Yeah, as you can notice I like to complain about those little details like the yellow shine, but stuff like that looks ugly in mobile and even uglier when you are a builder, I think we all know which items are interactive without a yellow shine around them)
The “yellow shine” is on pc too around chests. Its part of Smart Curser. Since mobile basically is 80% smart curser it always has it and also mobile had a longer reach for items (placing, breaking) making it always show. Signs were edititable awhile ago from what i remember when i got mobile terraria 2013 although has been removed since.

Welp, but in PC I think it's possible to turn off the smart cursor shine. I just mentioned it because I haven't seen it in the screenshots

This looks so great! I am so glad DR is making PROGRESS on mobile 1.3! I wonder if they will ever show us what it looks like when it is played! But overall this is the best. I am just so amazed that mobile will be getting 1.3! I just can’t wait for mobile terraria to look like the computer version!

On console, anyone on your friends list who has Terraria can join if you load your world in multiplayer. Unfortunately, someone at Pipeworks bleeped up, because anyone on your friend's friends list who has Terraria can also join. And their friends. And their friends' friends. And there is no way to kick unwanted intruders out of the game.

This is less of a PW "bleep up" and more of a "the way MP was handled in the backend on PS4/XB1 changed over time, and the 1.3 update was not allowed to be grandfathered into the old ways". Now, regardless of the "why", it is indeed an issue that needs addressing - I know PW has a plan for that, but I'm not sure its in the next wave (1.3.1, etc) that is imminent/in final testing now.

For Switch, Nintendo MP works VERY differently than other platforms in many ways (as Switch owners likely know), and for Terraria, the safest way to be able to have a "private" lobby is to allow for the option for them to be password-protected (so only someone with the password you set could join your room/game). They would also be limited to your friends list, etc. That is the current plan, to have that in place at launch - there is always a chance something could go awry or there could be some technical issue with how that interacts with Switch's core systems... but that is at least the plan.

I hope another thing: The flower of mana having an higher rate to be found in chests. I don't know if this happened to anyone else but I've been playing the 1.2.4 update on mobile for 3 years and I haven't found any mana flower in any chest, no matter how many worlds I created I never found the flower of mana in mobile in the latest update, it's like it was removed, and people say the mage sells the music box and he never sold it, at least not in the latest update. I'm waiting the best for the future update...

I hope another thing: The flower of mana having an higher rate to be found in chests. I don't know if this happened to anyone else but I've been playing the 1.2.4 update on mobile for 3 years and I haven't found any mana flower in any chest, no matter how many worlds I created I never found the flower of mana in mobile in the latest update, it's like it was removed, and people say the mage sells the music box and he never sold it, at least not in the latest update. I'm waiting the best for the future update...
The mama flower was never chest loot. To craft it, you need to combine a mana potion and a Nature’s Gift.

Wow! I can't wait till these updates come out! Question: What will the console update bring? I'd love to have the old one's army event! I so excited for that! Keep up the good work though!

This is less of a PW "bleep up" and more of a "the way MP was handled in the backend on PS4/XB1 changed over time, and the 1.3 update was not allowed to be grandfathered into the old ways". Now, regardless of the "why", it is indeed an issue that needs addressing - I know PW has a plan for that, but I'm not sure its in the next wave (1.3.1, etc) that is imminent/in final testing now.

For Switch, Nintendo MP works VERY differently than other platforms in many ways (as Switch owners likely know), and for Terraria, the safest way to be able to have a "private" lobby is to allow for the option for them to be password-protected (so only someone with the password you set could join your room/game). They would also be limited to your friends list, etc. That is the current plan, to have that in place at launch - there is always a chance something could go awry or there could be some technical issue with how that interacts with Switch's core systems... but that is at least the plan.

Really glad to hear there's a fix in the works. Switch I know very little about, honestly... I don't have one and can't afford one.

Is the multiplayer tally counter reset on the fix list? I'm trying to get help building an auto Frost Moon farm using the Horseman's Blade but I don't want to lose my rare banner progress.

Is the multiplayer tally counter reset on the fix list? I'm trying to get help building an auto Frost Moon farm using the Horseman's Blade but I don't want to lose my rare banner progress.

Not sure - I don't have a devkit to check myself, but I will ask around.

Very exciting to hear that for the Switch! I got some friends and playing with them with a password to ensure no trolls is a great plan :)

After seeing the revamped menu from mobile and the desaparition of the character/world slots makes me wonder how many worlds we will be able to create in mobile :rolleyes:

Love the new bamboo wallpaper shown on Twitter today!
I guess a hole new set to be sold by the traveling merchant?

Every time I think 'Ok, they must have added everything to it now!' there's another status update for yet another awesome feature. Definitely going to be worth the wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom