Terraria State of the Game: February 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another "update" with zero information other than "changes are coming, maybe." Great.

"maybe that's because you're close to releasing it :dryadwink:"
"it sounds like the wait is almost over."
That's exactly what we thought when we were told that the next update is coming out in September, 2017.
Then 2018, for real this time.
And 2019, this time for sure.
And yet again in 2020, no doubt about it...

I'll believe it when I see it and not a moment sooner.

I would say there are plenty of stylized ways to represent Terraria characters that go WAY beyond "its a pixel art based game, so if in 3D, the characters must be blocky" or "its 2D, so all things must be 2D". That is very over-literal and over-simplified, IMO. Look at most of the fanart out there that is really top-notch... almost NONE of it follows those rules. Look at the amazing Dryad (the character I would vote to be on Smash) that Trendy/Chromatic did for DD2.

That's exactly what we thought when we were told that the next update is coming out in September, 2017.
Then 2018, for real this time.
Hi @FiveSix78, as I mentioned to you before (a couple months ago HERE), I think you may have received some misinformation in the past. As far as I recall, there hasn’t been a release date or even timeframe given for 1.3.6 or 1.4 besides the trailer featured in E3 stating 2019.

There was never an official release time of September 2017 or 2018 - unless I’m mistaken and you can provide an official source for that. Yes, they said 2019, and yes, that got pushed back and delayed. So it’s been delayed once, not numerous times. Still a bummer, I agree, but it’s been just once.

Here’s some backup for that:
and here: Search Twitter - 1.3.6 Release date (from:terraria_logic)

Perhaps you read something about console or mobile and thought it was about PC?

As I said before, of course you can have whatever feelings you’d like on the delay that was just announced. I just want to keep the facts on course as there hasn’t been a release timeframe given for 1.3.6 (which morphed into 1.4). :)

Hello, Terrarians. On behalf of all eastern, and in particular from Russia I ask - will soon be an update for mobile devices on the Android platform? People are waiting for gamepad support, and touch button controls. With all due respect, and forgive for the impatience... 😁

Hello, Terrarians. On behalf of all eastern, and in particular from Russia I ask - will soon be an update for mobile devices on the Android platform? People are waiting for gamepad support, and touch button controls. With all due respect, and forgive for the impatience... 😁
That update is currently being worked on, there's no release date yet though.

image.jpg
This is the head gear and I know that people will want it because so many people have clenced the world completely ang have gotten nothing for it but this item will help with that because once you do it you will get this item it is called the draids blessing not to be confused with theeffect this will be a very useful item for players to have and it will be fun to

Visibility of accessories can be toggled individually, there's a little '+' next to each slot.

You can equip the Familiar Set as vanity to hide the armor. It will show the original character view.
Ok but for access quickly to others accessories i equip this in the vanity space and the vanity accessories are visible like I'm using this and not the real accessories and armor in use

The next SOTG is just around the corner. I eagerly await a statement about what they are doing to keep our Terraria world's clean and safe amid this outbreak.

In all seriousness though...I'm curious to see how current world events impact the work of small indie dev teams. I hope they're able to work remotely and safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom