Terraria State of the Game: February 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean the winning vanity sets of the State of the Game banner contest? :p
Darn it, I knew that shade of pink I went for was too pale.
(
1582305864490.png
<- my submission was this guy.)

if the rumors are true, supposedly will change the way a lot of players approach some core aspects of the game.
So vague and mysterious... It's curious
I suppose we'll know what this meant when the time comes and by then it'll be obvious :v

Darn it, no release date… I guess that tease was pretty interesting, though.

Yeah every month it has been like, "The end of the year is coming, it must be coming out very soon". Then next year roles around, "If they weren't sure they could make it for 2019 and waited until the last minute, then it must have been very close and just missed the deadline, it must be very soon!"

I see that I just keep setting myself up for disappointment. I'm glad they're taking their time, I just wish I knew where I should put my expectations, like end of 2020 or something.

Yeah every month it has been like, "The end of the year is coming, it must be coming out very soon". Then next year roles around, "If they weren't sure they could make it for 2019 then it must have been very close and just missed the deadline, it must be very soon!"

I see that I just keep setting myself up for disappointment. I'm glad they're taking their time, I just wish I knew where I should put my expectations, like end of 2020 or something.
Honestly, I get the feeling it's going to be mid-May. That is when the ninth anniversary of Terraria is going to be, after all.

Actually, I kind of hope they do that. It would be very poetic! :naughty:

I'm excited for 1.4! I have the dream that it'll be cross-platform since it's the last update and all platforms will be on level ground but I'm sure that dream isn't going to be a reality. Cross-play is more taxing than just having the same version or else they'd have done it already.

Regardless I can't wait!

Yesss my submission was included! That was my favourite costume that I've made so I'm glad it got some recognition.

supposedly will change the way a lot of players approach some core aspects of the game
.. I'm intrigued, but apprehensive.

Changing core aspects of your game eight years into its lifespan is a very, very risky maneuver, and it has an extremely high chance of backfiring - especially when there's no real way of obtaining older versions of the game and running those if you preferred an older build.

I have faith in Re-Logic as a dev team to not screw this up, and I assume you all know the risks involved... But I can't help but want to share potential concern anyway. A lot of the appeal in Terraria for me is how utterly simple some of the underlying core mechanics are once you get past all the fluff, and I'm deathly afraid of games I enjoy leaving me behind from one or two mechanical changes totally changing things up.

1 Month, 2 month, 3 month, 4. I guess we're still just waitin' for more. 5 month, 6 month, 7 month, 8. Eventually there will be something to appreciate.

No, but in all seriousness, I love how two months into the new year we still have no solid outlook on 1.4. Do we just check in around August/September to see if there's any progress, or... ?

#alwayswaiting #releasedatefordelay

@Loki
Maybe in Customization update for mobile possible is adding inventory option that allows the player expand either inventory or crafting section on the whole screen if they want to? I think that would be amazing feature ;)

I'd like to remind anyone wondering about the release date of Journey's End:

They likely will try to achieve version parity between PC and console first. I don't know if they'll try to release 1.4 for PC and consoles at the same time, but if so, that should give you a good indication as to when they're ready to release it, based on how far they are with the previous patch.

I'd like to remind anyone wondering about the release date of Journey's End:

They likely will try to achieve version parity between PC and console first. I don't know if they'll try to release 1.4 for PC and consoles at the same time, but if so, that should give you a good indication as to when they're ready to release it, based on how far they are with the previous patch.
Honestly I doubt that is related. The people working on PC and the people working on consoles are different, and it will be really awkward to get the console caught up with 1.4 while PC's update isn't final and constantly changing. I think in reality they just got a really good team this time that's just way faster than the last one so they are making good progress.

Honestly I doubt that is related. The people working on PC and the people working on consoles are different, and it will be really awkward to get the console caught up with 1.4 while PC's update isn't final and constantly changing. I think in reality they just got a really good team this time that's just way faster than the last one so they are making good progress.

They already said previously they wanted version parity I believe, I just don't know if they want 1.4 simultaneous release. They intended for this at an earlier point but have not made clear signals lately that they still want this, and may have changed that view. But version parity has been mentioned in the past as something they strongly desire. The fact that they got different teams on it just means it can happen faster, as the PC dev team can hand off assets to the console dev teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom