Terraria State of the Game: February 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
They already said previously they wanted version parity I believe, I just don't know if they want 1.4 simultaneous release. They intended for this at an earlier point but have not made clear signals lately that they still want this, and may have changed that view. But version parity has been mentioned in the past as something they strongly desire. The fact that they got different teams on it just means it can happen faster, as the PC dev team can hand off assets to the console dev teams.
Yeah, I would hope not. They'll probably release it on PC first like they normally do to do bug fixes easier and then to consol then mobile and such. I'm patient and understanding. I'll love whatever they give us for 1.4, whenever they do it. No rush ^^

Pretty good sotg. I can’t wait for 1.3.5 on Switch! I wish it could be cross platform though (with other consoles but that would be a hassle). That UI scaling and 1.3.2-1.3.4 features are pretty nice.

Good job community! Far less complaining about the State of the Game this time :D
That little spoiler compendium was actually very interesting, wish I had checked it out before.
I'd be lying if my initial thought wasn't "Ugh, a backhanded way say 'hey look at all this stuff we did so be patient'", but it actually turned out to be very intriguing, especially them bloopers :p

If I remember correctly even the PS3 version had split screen at launch :dryadtongue:

It did.

The complete lack of split screen info in this SOTG has me thinking either it isn't going well at all OR Loki just really didn't want to say "We're working on it" for the 8th month in a row. Oh my, it's almost a baby!

Ich habe eine Frage zu Terraria Mobile.🙂Wie sieht es Actually mit der Hotbar auf der Seite aus ob Sie es wie bei dem PC hintereinander Make or whether it will stay that way ?😊

Translated for people's convenience:

"I have a question about Terraria Mobile. How does it actually look with the hot-bar on the side? Will you make it in a row like on the PC or will it will stay that way? "

I am actually wondering in all seriousness if JE is actually coming out this year. Obviously a lot of time left, but earliest is still April. One quarter of the year already down and delayed.

I am actually wondering in all seriousness if JE is actually coming out this year. Obviously a lot of time left, but earliest is still April. One quarter of the year already down and delayed.
They want to make sure it has as little problems at launch as possible. It is the last update, except for bug fixes and the likes. The smoother the release the better. I, personally, will wait as long as it takes for it to be launched if that means it's in it's the most perfect state it can be in without testing it with the players.

It is exciting to hear that Console players will have the same content PC is currently has! It has been a long wait, but it sounds like the wait is almost over.

And even then there'll still be exclusive content in consoles, specifically the 3DS and Vita - Ocram, mainly, but also the exclusive enemies, items and pets.
I'll be kinda sad if those things don't make it to 1.4. I feel like it'll just become dead content, since the only way you'll be able to access it is if you own a console that's not in production anymore (Vita) and one that is pretty much at it's EoL (3DS), so a lot of PC or current-gen only players won't be able / just won't bother to play around with it. :sigh:

EDIT: Not to mention that those versions can get pretty fiddly and start lagging noticeably or even crashing in certain situations, which can be frustrating if you're in the middle of a boss fight. And yes, I speak from experience :p

They want to make sure it has as little problems at launch as possible. It is the last update, except for bug fixes and the likes. The smoother the release the better. I, personally, will wait as long as it takes for it to be launched if that means it's in it's the most perfect state it can be in without testing it with the players.
Might want to be careful with the "will wait as long as it takes" as i'm sure 5 years from now might be to long for anybody. The point is everybody's patience is different and the delay from last year already this long in is troubling.

And even then there'll still be exclusive content in consoles, specifically the 3DS and Vita - Ocram, mainly, but also the exclusive enemies, items and pets.
I'll be kinda sad if those things don't make it to 1.4. I feel like it'll just become dead content, since the only way you'll be able to access it is if you own a console that's not in production anymore (Vita) and one that is pretty much at it's EoL (3DS), so a lot of PC or current-gen only players won't be able / just won't bother to play around with it. :sigh:
Yeah, its pretty sad. Luckily I still have my 3ds and I'm sure plenty of people own a vita. Luckily, I'm sure there is/will be a mod for ocram so pc terraria players will be able to get all the items.

EDIT JUST NOW: There is an ocram mod called "Ocram N' Stuff" which adds everything ocram. Its also sad that other than large worlds they didn't really take advantage of the New 3ds(not even the XL's) better hardware in general(yes, I know it runs at 60 but it drops a lot.) There were several more problems and bugs that just went unfixed, and the game doesn't run smoothly a lot of the time, and has very noticeable frame drops. Its understandable that the New 3ds and New 3ds xl aren't the most powerful consoles, but they got minecraft to run on it pretty smoothly, and minecraft can lag a lot on older platforms and runs at 30 fps on older pcs(even though a pc from, say, 2009 is more stronger than a New 3ds.)

I'm not the most technical person, but an option to lower the render distance(if it has a render distance like in minecraft) on current gen consoles/pc would give console players more fps and less frame drops if they have a moniter that has 61+ hertz, and would give pc players that have an older/not that powerful pc a way to be close to 60 fps. I might make a suggestion that goes more in depth.

Last edited:
Yeah, its pretty sad. Luckily I still have my 3ds and I'm sure plenty of people own a vita. Luckily, I'm sure there is/will be a mod for ocram so pc terraria players will be able to get all the items.

EDIT JUST NOW: There is an ocram mod called "Ocram N' Stuff" which adds everything ocram. Its also sad that other than large worlds they didn't really take advantage of the New 3ds(not even the XL's) better hardware in general(yes, I know it runs at 60 but it drops a lot.) There were several more problems and bugs that just went unfixed, and the game doesn't run smoothly a lot of the time, and has very noticeable frame drops. Its understandable that the New 3ds and New 3ds xl aren't the most powerful consoles, but they got minecraft to run on it pretty smoothly, and minecraft can lag a lot on older platforms and runs at 30 fps on older pcs(even though a pc from, say, 2009 is more stronger than a New 3ds.)

I'm not the most technical person, but an option to lower the render distance(if it has a render distance like in minecraft) on current gen consoles/pc would give console players more fps and less frame drops if they have a moniter that has 61+ hertz, and would give pc players that have an older/not that powerful pc a way to be close to 60 fps. I might make a suggestion that goes more in depth.

I think it's more likely that people own a 2DS/3DS than a Vita, simply because Sony completely dropped the ball with the Vita and then the 3DS just ran off into the sunset of success. I personally have no issue with that, since I own both consoles and both their versions of the game. It's just that I'd like to experience the exclusive stuff on PC controls, and also have more people experience it as well without the need to mod the game.

Speaking of which, thanks for the info about the mod! If it turns out that 1.4 doesn't include that content I'll definitely try it out. The only reason I won't do it now is because I don't want to start a playthrough and then end up getting burned out by the time the update goes live 😅

I think it's more likely that people own a 2DS/3DS than a Vita, simply because Sony completely dropped the ball with the Vita and then the 3DS just ran off into the sunset of success. I personally have no issue with that, since I own both consoles and both their versions of the game. It's just that I'd like to experience the exclusive stuff on PC controls, and also have more people experience it as well without the need to mod the game.

Speaking of which, thanks for the info about the mod! If it turns out that 1.4 doesn't include that content I'll definitely try it out. The only reason I won't do it now is because I don't want to start a playthrough and then end up getting burned out by the time the update goes live 😅

Yeah, its much more likely considering the 3ds and nintendo consoles at the time (except the wii u) were doing great while he ps3 and ps vita were struggling a little, and the 3ds with 2 screens looks a lot more appealing than the Vita's Single screen, doesn't it? I hope Ocram does make a return though.

Plus, We don't even know how long it'll be after 1.4's release that tModLoader 1.4 support will follow.

Edit(this sentence was from June 2018): Today, Nintendo has sold more than 70 million 3DS consoles, while Sony has sold an estimated 16 million Vitas
Yeah, as of recently the 3ds family has sold more than 75 million, Combined with the DS' Over 100 million makes the DS Family selling over 175 MILLION COPIES! The PS Vita has sold about 20 million copies by now, with the psp's 80 million copies sold, makes it 75 million less copies sold than the entire ds family. Nintendo still holds the highest total console sales with about 760 million, with sony second, then microsoft(only 3 consoles total, if you don't count the Xbox one S and Xbox one X)

Nintendo: 754 Million
Sony: 534 Million
Microsoft: 148 million

All microsoft needs to do is to make a good portable xbox line up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom