Terraria State of the Game: February 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand your viewpoint. I was less calling him a god and more defending the fact that he (and most others at re-logic, except probably red and cenx) don't really have any influence whatsoever on the ports, as they are different dev teams.

I don't understand you blaming literally every dev team for the fact that you don't have local multiplayer when literally only pipeworks is responsible :p

I blame them all because they should hold each other accountable. Features of the game were falsely advertised at the point of purchase. Beyond that even the promise to add said feature has been, IMO, a failure. Additionally, have you tried the switch port? Have you tried co-op on switch over a local network? The performance is horrible.

So yes, I blame them all. Pipeworks is NOT the only group responsible for my poor experience.

I was once like the lot of you. I had a heart swollen with love for Terraria and those involved.

I blame them all because they should hold each other accountable. Features of the game were falsely advertised at the point of purchase. Beyond that even the promise to add said feature has been, IMO, a failure. Additionally, have you tried the switch port? Have you tried co-op on switch over a local network? The performance is horrible.

So yes, I blame them all. Pipeworks is NOT the only group responsible for my poor experience.

I was once like the lot of you. I had a heart swollen with love for Terraria and those involved.
I suppose I can't say I'm not biased. I've been playing this game for over a third of my entire lifetime, anyway, and I've never found the single player experience the slightest bit boring.

I know I can't change your mind, because we aren't the same person, and it would be idiotic of me to try further.

I suppose I can't say I'm not biased. I've been playing this game for over a third of my entire lifetime, anyway, and I've never found the single player experience the slightest bit boring.

I know I can't change your mind, because we aren't the same person, and it would be idiotic of me to try further.

I really appreciate your understanding and I'm sincerely happy that you've had a great experience with this game.

Still upset that the Stardust Pillar + items ISN'T a reference to jojo.
3qs6jt.jpg

And now you swung right to Doomer status, to a point where people seem to be getting a bit fed up with it.
I get it, it's annoying to have paid for something that doesn't work as advertised - you're not the only one with "buyer's remorse" in the world, believe me. You're entitled to complain about it, obviously. But there's also a point where you just start pushing it a bit too far and people will either ignore you or start pushing back just to annoy you further.

And now you swung right to Doomer status, to a point where people seem to be getting a bit fed up with it.
I get it, it's annoying to have paid for something that doesn't work as advertised - you're not the only one with "buyer's remorse" in the world, believe me. You're entitled to complain about it, obviously. But there's also a point where you just start pushing it a bit too far and people will either ignore you or start pushing back just to annoy you further.

I'll go away if you or someone else gives me my $30 back.

I wish people would ignore me. You didn't ignore me.

Not really sure what the point of your post is other than to argue.

As you said, I'm entitled to complain. You're entitled to complain.

Last edited:
I'll go away if you or someone else gives me my $30 back.

Go complain to Nintendo then, they're the ones not allowing refunds. You might actually get lucky if you can convince them that the game isn't working as advertised.
If you got a physical copy then direct your complaints at the store you bought it from.

Good luck if you do try that, and I'm not even being sarcastic right now.

I wish people would ignore me. You didn't ignore me.

If you want people to ignore you, why complain to begin with? Especially on a public forum on the internet?

The devs seem to be ignoring you well enough, so I guess you win there :^)

Not really sure what the point of your post is other than to argue.

Again, it's a forum, what do you expect to happen when you post? The chance of no one replying to you is astronomically low. Especially when you keep being a Debbie Downer.

As you said, I'm entitled to complain. You're entitled to complain.

At least we agree on this. <minor_victories.jpg>

Go complain to Nintendo then, they're the ones not allowing refunds. You might actually get lucky if you can convince them that the game isn't working as advertised.
If you got a physical copy then direct your complaints at the store you bought it from.

Good luck if you do try that, and I'm not even being sarcastic right now.

If you want people to ignore you, why complain to begin with? Especially on a public forum on the internet?

The devs seem to be ignoring you well enough, so I guess you win there :^)

Again, it's a forum, what do you expect to happen when you post? The chance of no one replying to you is astronomically low. Especially when you keep being a Debbie Downer.

At least we agree on this. <minor_victories.jpg>

I won't get a refund from Nintendo. Especially not now.

I want some people to ignore me. Really it doesn't matter. But just like I'm here every month complaining about split screen there is always someone complaining about me complaining. You're right though, I shouldn't be surprised at all.

The dev haven't ignored me. In fact, I've thought Loki (not a dev but whatever you get it) has done a great job communicating with me.

Thank you for the thoughtful engagement, Arilys. Until they ban me though, I'll be here.

In regards to the current state of the game, there is no mention of split-screen at all. This worries me. I know the maker of a similar game flat out said split-screen won't happen because of technical limitations. I wonder if this might be the case for switch splitscreen. Maybe March SOTG will hold some good news. I'm not hopeful though.

Last edited:
We can get gems on not stone now? Ok, I guess. A whole month's spoilers equates to something I could already do in t-edit - I understand I'm not paying for spoilers here, but you've set an expectation of new content here.

Why does controller support is taking so long? It sad that Switch is almost have 1.3.5 while our mobile have no nothing since November.

Not sure if I am behind on updates, but why is there no Grand Design on mobile?
If I am not, I would suggest that get added. It gets annoying to carry around mostly just wire and tools just to hook things up and turn them on.

Also, please add the Actuation Rod for mobile.

Not sure if I am behind on updates, but why is there no Grand Design on mobile?
If I am not, I would suggest that get added. It gets annoying to carry around mostly just wire and tools just to hook things up and turn them on.

Also, please add the Actuation Rod for mobile.
The wiring update is yet to reach mobile, but it will later.

I won't get a refund from Nintendo. Especially not now.

Or ever, apparently. I've seen some people saying that Nintendo considers all eShop sales final, so even if you'd just bought the game you'd be out of luck on that front. Which I think is...silly (don't want to use words that are too rude :D) of them to do, especially since both Sony and Microsoft allow refunds, even if they're not as generous as Steam or GoG.

The dev haven't ignored me. In fact, I've thought Loki (not a dev but whatever you get it) has done a great job communicating with me.

That was just a joke that I couldn't resist, and that just ended up falling flat. Oh well an attempt was made :B
I only joined the forum recently so I dunno what conversations you had with the staff to begin with. I'm glad you got some input about it, though.

Thank you for the thoughtful engagement, Arilys. Until they ban me though, I'll be here.

Not sure if this is warranted, but sorry if I came off as condescending (maybe not the best word, but it works). I don't mind seeing criticism of stuff I like, especially when it's warranted, like the split-screen stuff not working. That said, your posts might start being seen as a bit spammy or something like that, and it'd suck if you got banned for that even though your complaints are valid.

In regards to the current state of the game, there is no mention of split-screen at all. This worries me. I know the maker of a similar game flat out said split-screen won't happen because of technical limitations. I wonder if this might be the case for switch splitscreen. Maybe March SOTG will hold some good news. I'm not hopeful though.

Huh, that's interesting. What game is that, if you don't mind the question?

Kind of weird if Terraria split screen ends up being not do-able, though, considering the Switch has a few split-screen games (MK8Deluxe, off the top of my head). I know comparing MK8 to Terraria is like comparing apples to pencils, but still.

The most I know about programming is some amateur-level HTML, CSS and JavaScript (which isn't that related to games lmao), so I might be completely wrong about this... but I'm guessing Terraria might be more intensive on the processor and memory since it has to handle all the different NPC / Enemy AI, which can get pretty crowded in events like the Blood Moon.
Meanwhile MK8 "only" has to handle 6 CPUs at most (2 players on split-screen) and whatever code makes the items / obstacles work, which in total might might be less than what Terraria does...maybe. Although I guess that being a 3D game, MK8 is more intensive on the GPU side of the hardware.
But then there's the fact that MK8 is probably way better optimized, since Nintendo knows exactly how their own console works, and they have larger dev teams.

Again, I'm just spit-balling here but now I've actually made myself curious about how they're trying to make split-screen work in Terraria. If it really isn't possible without the game performance taking a big hit, though, I hope that they just come out and say so soon. At least that way you'll finally be certain about it.

The game was Starbound. The developer was working on split-screen for console. Not switch, there is not a switch version yet.

In past SOTG threads some of the challenges of implementing split-screen on the switch have been detailed.

I believe they simply took a bigger bite than they realized.

Why has it been 7 months since mobile content was released and the only updates mobile has had are bug fixes? I think the controller function is great and all, but I would much rather get content updates. Wasn’t the plan to keep Switch and Mobile versions releasing at the same time?

I own the PC version, but due to issues with my immune system attacking my peripheral nerves, I lack the dexterity to play on PC and must rely on mobile for content.

Is there a planned release of updates for mobile that will at least bring it to where Switch is now?

Please don’t reply and use words like “soon” or “later”, those terms are useless and uninformative. Quarter and year or month and year would be preferable.

Thank you kindly for information shared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom