Terraria State of the Game: February 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minecraft is one who even has a server. Also not a lot of games have server support anyways. So that still doesn’t excuse the developers to not add them.

I believe Tunnel King's second post addresses your concern more directly. Please refer to that. Specifically...

There is no core functionality in any of the three console systems to allow crossplay outside the respective player networks.

Minecraft is one who even has a server. Also not a lot of games have server support anyways. So that still doesn’t excuse the developers to not add them.

It should be noted that Minecraft is owned and published by Microsoft, the maker of the X-Box platform. So they basically get to break their own rules whenever they want.

When ReLogic launches their own console, then we may see Terraria servers and perhaps even mods.

I'm really excited for the controls customization for mobile. I am new to the game with less then 30 hours but I've noticed that my fat fingers have a tendency to make the game more annoying. For example, I have a tendency to accidently press the buffs button while trying to move around while spelunking, wasting my potions or using up ones I just found. I also don't use a hook because the hook joystick thing is right next to the attack joystick thing so during boss fights I've died numerous times by hooking the ground and taking needless hits. Me and my fat fingers are excited for this.

Look How Minecraft Went After Microsoft Bought It
Yes but, Nintendo is noticibly more creative than Microsoft, and their content tends to vary so much that I highly doubt that makes an effective example. If you've noticed, nintendo doesn't really buy things too often.

Yes but, Nintendo is noticibly more creative than Microsoft, and their content tends to vary so much that I highly doubt that makes an effective example. If you've noticed, nintendo doesn't really buy things too often.
Still, I Wouldn't Support It.

Nothing Good Could Come From It. And When I Said That, I Meant How Monetized It Is.

As I've shared before, SS EXISTS on Switch Terraria (I have played it myself) - the performance is just subpar in terms of FPS, input lag, etc. Perhaps we should have just rolled that out to show "progress" and then weather the complaints about said performance (I'm being at least half sarcastic there... but the other half? Who knows?)

Oh, wait, wait, I think I misunderstood some stuff. From what I read in this thread, I thought that SS was already in the release version of the game but that it was just so laggy that it was pretty much unusable. But I guess it's actually still in testing and not in the public release of the game? (I haven't been around that long so I didn't see any posts of yours talking about the Switch SS being in the "beta branch", so to say).

Either way, I guess I understand Nsk1341's complaints better now, since it's literally something that's advertised but is not actually in the final version of the game.

Not saying you should just release it now, though. Personally, I'm the kind of player that prefers stuff to get delayed so it can get polished instead of it being rushed out and full of bugs. But you should definitely rectify the game info so it doesn't mention the SS (at least on eShop, I guess it'll take more time to do it on the physical copies).

Probably Like How Your Character Looks Like When You First Go To Create A Character
Most likely would be a 3d rendition of the guide.
you guys kind of missed the point of what I said.

There isn't official art of the default terrarian anywhere, and what we do have is very strictly two dimensional. How would that translate into a 3d model? Would the artstyle resemble something from breath of the wild? metroid? some random horror game?

There isn't official art of the default terrarian anywhere, and what we do have is very strictly two dimensional. How would that translate into a 3d model? Would the artstyle resemble something from breath of the wild? metroid? some random horror game?
Probably Like This
Guide_Picasso_%28placed%29.png
lmao

Oh, wait, wait, I think I misunderstood some stuff. From what I read in this thread, I thought that SS was already in the release version of the game but that it was just so laggy that it was pretty much unusable. But I guess it's actually still in testing and not in the public release of the game? (I haven't been around that long so I didn't see any posts of yours talking about the Switch SS being in the "beta branch", so to say).

Either way, I guess I understand Nsk1341's complaints better now, since it's literally something that's advertised but is not actually in the final version of the game.

Not saying you should just release it now, though. Personally, I'm the kind of player that prefers stuff to get delayed so it can get polished instead of it being rushed out and full of bugs. But you should definitely rectify the game info so it doesn't mention the SS (at least on eShop, I guess it'll take more time to do it on the physical copies).

I don't know any gamer that prefers things to be rushed out. Generally speaking I think people just have expectations in regards to communication.

Nintendo eShop description was fixed a long time ago. Some other locations still have false information.

There isn't official art of the default terrarian anywhere, and what we do have is very strictly two dimensional. How would that translate into a 3d model?

I don't know; how does Mr. Game and Watch work? It doesn't get more 2D than that. And that character doesn't even represent a specific game, just the concept of "Game and Watch" games.

There are a lot of reasons why Terraria doesn't need to be in Smash Bros. The question of what it would look/play like isn't really one of them.

Eh, get creative. Honestly, though a little nuanced, you could literally use the Player's Mii to affix the different looks. If a Mii has a red shirt, then the Terrarian has red. If the Mii has a specific hairstyle, it correlates to a similar hairstyle on the Terrarian. Alternatively, you could always have Terrarians wearing the top ~10 most popular vanity combos to be the "colors" you could cycle through.

Another note: Oh man.. can you imagine a Smash Stage with the Moon Lord as a wipe-out mechanic? Summon options to include the Twins, Destroyer, Prime, and Lunatic Cultist? That would be delicious chaos. Oooh! And have the Terrarian have a few key Smash moves, like Lunar Flare bombarding the stage, or the Last Prism building up to a point mimicking Samus' Blast, or summoning a random Monolith in the middle of the stage which summons a hoard of that Monolith's baddies to just wreak havoc on everyone including the Terrarian?

Baller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom