Terraria State of the Game - February 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Loki Forgive me, I in no way meant that we are an afterthought, it just can feel like it at times. I certainly did not intend to call into question your dedication either; that has been more than proven.

Can we just chalk my post up to lockdown frustration/boredom 😳

1.3 took 18 months from start to finish on consoles
And it was a nightmare to play, it was crammed with bugs and oversights. I'd rather DR took their time and gave us something that works properly, rather than giving in to player pressure and rushing it to release (think Cyberpunk 2077).

@Loki Forgive me, I in no way meant that we are an afterthought, it just can feel like it at times. I certainly did not intend to call into question your dedication either; that has been more than proven.

Can we just chalk my post up to lockdown frustration/boredom 😳

No worries at all - just figured to be transparent and honest with you in response. :)

And it was a nightmare to play, it was crammed with bugs and oversights. I'd rather DR took their time and gave us something that works properly, rather than giving in to player pressure and rushing it to release (think Cyberpunk 2077).

Yes, that launch was far from ideal, even if it got ironed out later. Not eager to repeat it. That, and I want DR to bring the same creativity and evolution to console and I don't want to get in the way of that.

I think you will see what I mean by that in the next SOTG - at least *I* think its pretty darned cool... will see what everyone has to say when it shows up. :cool:

No worries at all - just figured to be transparent and honest with you in response. :)

Yes, that launch was far from ideal, even if it got ironed out later. Not eager to repeat it. That, and I want DR to bring the same creativity and evolution to console and I don't want to get in the way of that.

I think you will see what I mean by that in the next SOTG - at least *I* think its pretty darned cool... will see what everyone has to say when it shows up. :cool:
Looking forward to it.

On a separate note, a while ago I mentioned to someone from DR that it would be great if there could be a seed made that is a saveable version of the tutorial floating island. I think it would be a great way to launch on console, as that map was 99% of console player's first experience of Terraria, which would be very symbolic with regards to an update called "Journey's End".

They mentioned that the different size options might be an issue, but as it's just a floating island, it could just be endless sky on either side, and below that, endless water/sand/rock/ash as the map goes down. Do you think something like that is feasible?

On a separate note, a while ago I mentioned to someone from DR that it would be great if there could be a seed made that is a saveable version of the tutorial floating island. I think it would be a great way to launch on console, as that map was 99% of console player's first experience of Terraria, which would be very symbolic with regards to an update called "Journey's End".

They mentioned that the different size options might be an issue, but as it's just a floating island, it could just be endless sky on either side, and below that, endless water/sand/rock/ash as the map goes down. Do you think something like that is feasible?

Unknown, as I personally do not know what all goes into the creation of world seeds. I'll jot it down in case there is time/bandwidth to play with something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom