Terraria: State of the Game - January 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw crystal doors in a previous 1.3 mobile ui spoiler, aren't those 1.3.4 features or am I mistaking them for another material?
I play 1.3 on Xbox and we don't even have crystal doors. I really wish the devs wouldn't put things from even more off-in-the-future updates in their "look how much we've done!" pictures. All we have are basic crystal blocks. If the crystal doors were in the update teaser, they should have been included in the update. Doesn't matter if they weren't supposed to be originally. Don't tease what you aren't going to give.

Yes, I'm still a bit sour about not having the crystal furniture the 1.3 update teasers promised us.
This has been clarified before. Those were mock-up pictures to showcase the game’s UI. They even said so.

The whole plan was always to get all possible platforms stood up on 1.3 and then move to 1.3.X content - the console 1.3.1 is more of a recognition that this has taken longer than the team wanted, so why not get something new out at the very least. :)

Once we see Switch and Mobile up to speed and out, then yes, the content plan goes into effect. How all that will roll out - well, that will be shared later.

Finally 1.3.1... Seriously though, where is the faster update you promised we would have with the new build? What will happen next? It will take another year to get 1.3.2 and than another for 1.3.3 and than we will be forced to buy a new console and Terraria again if we want to continue playing Terraria on consoles?
Hopefully we will get the faster updates we were promised now that they are starting work on 1.3.1. I’m sure it’ll be here soon so not to fret

Can you share this post to the front page? I think more folks would see it that way.

Anyway, thanks for the update! Can't wait for the Switch version and of course, the update to mobile. :)

Front paging new articles is broken until the forum software updates, which is after the SG addon is removed.
It is quite annoying to search through all the areas for the new updates at the end of the month, but if someone edited where the next one was in the older ones, that would be nice.

The team felt that the Desert was one biome that needed a lot of love…
Of course, this is just one of a handful of tweaks and new aspects we have added for the Desert
So does this mean that we're finally getting Will's cactus outlaws?
TerrariaCactusHouse.png

Any hope we're ever going to get a set of pressure plates that function with the NPCs but not with enemies? Probably need two: one that players and NPCs can trigger, and one that *only* NPCs can trigger. But they'd be really useful additions to the game.

Functional additional peace-candle-esque sources of fire would be nice too, like a peaceful campfire in particular.

I just learned that there are monthly State of the Game posts. This is very great as it makes me less anxious :D

Hopefully these type of post could continue until the 1.3.6 drops.

Oh yeah, also, this January post is not featured in the forum's main page.

I just learned that there are monthly State of the Game posts. This is very great as it makes me less anxious :D

Hopefully these type of post could continue until the 1.3.6 drops.

Oh yeah, also, this January post is not featured in the forum's main page.
There's some forum issues going on that's preventing them from updating the front page.

I see. I guess that is also the reason why I cannot sort by "thread creation time" in the forums. Thanks for the heads up!
Sorting by “Thread Creation Date” should still be working.

Setting these sort options:
upload_2019-2-2_13-28-36.jpeg

Results in getting these threads in this order (remember that “pinned” threads will always be on top before unpinned threads):
upload_2019-2-2_13-30-16.jpeg

True, but why feature Crystal Doors in a spoiler/mock-up for an update that they won't be in?
They were just testing the UI, showing us what it would look like.
I'm not sure why they chose those items specifically. I'm not a game dev nerd, so I can't really elaborate on that.

Cuando creen que puedan hacer que terraria móvil pueda jugar junto a terraria pc en una misma red local. :v: eek::RE:RE

It's all terribly exciting,
Really the new additions have made Terraria one of the most expanded and vastly explorable games out there.

Looking forward to 1.3.1 stuff but looking forward even more to getting the freaking bugs fixed.
Agreed. I don't see any mention of the light-emitting projectile issue, which renders the game unplayable.
[doublepost=1549292536,1549292007][/doublepost]Will the radial hotbar be:
  1. opened by holding L2,
  2. navigated with R3,
  3. and closed by releasing L2?
If so, I'm on board. That leaves R2 as a spare button we can use assign as something else.

Eventhough it took years to build it from scratch, it is always good to hear news about it despite of my impatience and rants and even greater news that it will be very soon to get our hands to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom