Terraria: State of the Game - January 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you share this post to the front page? I think more folks would see it that way.

Anyway, thanks for the update! Can't wait for the Switch version and of course, the update to mobile. :)
Issues with the forum software are currently preventing us from updating the front page. We're trying to get to a point where we can fix that.

Love the scarab bombs! Will make mining easier. Also, I(early game), took one look at the underground desert and thought, “Is any loot here worth it? No.”
Now, with scarabs, I’ll head in there tons!

Thanks for the update, although i didn't really learn anything from it apart from the fact the Switch version is still only Alpha. I don't want to rain on your parade but will there even be a Switch version released in 2019? Can you not give us an idea when? It's disappointing that there is not even a screenshot for the Switch version update.

Thanks for the update, although i didn't really learn anything from it apart from the fact the Switch version is still only Alpha. I don't want to rain on your parade but will there even be a Switch version released in 2019? Can you not give us an idea when? It's disappointing that there is not even a screenshot for the Switch version update.
Well a screenshot won't do much good. It's gonna look just like the PC/PS4/XB1 versions. Some footage of it running on a Switch is probably not gonna look as good as people would like either. Information about how far along the Switch version is would be about as good as we can expect. Though they've been really, REALLY bad at estimates so far.

Well a screenshot won't do much good. It's gonna look just like the PC/PS4/XB1 versions. Some footage of it running on a Switch is probably not gonna look as good as people would like either. Information about how far along the Switch version is would be about as good as we can expect. Though they've been really, REALLY bad at estimates so far.
Well. At least you show your problems. Actually we want to hear any of the news no matter it's good or bad. thx for your reply and we are waiting...

My point was that with an update like this, the least you'd expect is a screenshot of the progress. We got a couple of lines with little to no new information.

They uploaded a 15 second video recently of it running on a phone but the camera was about a metre away when nearly every other video is a direct screen grab. Why? I don't like this clandestine approach to games developing. I know its a business and they are focusing on the money makers but they shouldn't keep us hanging.

If they are so bad at estimating time frames they shouldn't be in the business. The cornerstone of any business development including games development is meeting deadlines.

The switch is a couple of years old already, the longer this goes on, the worse it will get.

My point was that with an update like this, the least you'd expect is a screenshot of the progress. We got a couple of lines with little to no new information.

They uploaded a 15 second video recently of it running on a phone but the camera was about a metre away when nearly every other video is a direct screen grab. Why? I don't like this clandestine approach to games developing. I know its a business and they are focusing on the money makers but they shouldn't keep us hanging.

If they are so bad at estimating time frames they shouldn't be in the business. The cornerstone of any business development including games development is meeting deadlines.

The switch is a couple of years old already, the longer this goes on, the worse it will get.
Deadlines? What deadlines? They have nothing to go by.
They shouldn’t HAVE to estimate times. They’re working very hard on content that will make us very happy.

Deadlines? What deadlines? They have nothing to go by.
They shouldn’t HAVE to estimate times. They’re working very hard on content that will make us very happy.

I disagree. Every project needs time frames and deadlines and you can be sure this is no exception. They are just not sharing these with us and that is their prerogative, but it's a horrible business model. If you are honestly happy with the Switch update that we got, all credit to you. I am not however and I feel the developers are entitled to hear my criticisms. In fact they should welcome them.

Hey, as someone who likes the immersion in the game, I would really like if you would add the feature of the player talking back to NPC's in the animation just like NPC's talk to each other in the speech bubbles. Moving around would automatically stop the conversation of course, but it would be nice when crafting or accessing chests to see your character talking back to the NPC's instead of just standing there like a drone. Like if you agree

Hey, as someone who likes the immersion in the game, I would really like if you would add the feature of the player talking back to NPC's in the animation just like NPC's talk to each other in the speech bubbles. Moving around would automatically stop the conversation of course, but it would be nice when crafting or accessing chests to see your character talking back to the NPC's instead of just standing there like a drone. Like if you agree
Not a bad idea. You should head down to the suggestions forum and make it an official suggestion.

Finally 1.3.1... Seriously though, where is the faster update you promised we would have with the new build? What will happen next? It will take another year to get 1.3.2 and than another for 1.3.3 and than we will be forced to buy a new console and Terraria again if we want to continue playing Terraria on consoles?

Yes, the next update will feature all of the content up to 1.3. So nothing from 1.3.1 and up, but it will have the Moon Lord.
I saw crystal doors in a previous 1.3 mobile ui spoiler, aren't those 1.3.4 features or am I mistaking them for another material?

I saw crystal doors in a previous 1.3 mobile ui spoiler, aren't those 1.3.4 features or am I mistaking them for another material?

I play 1.3 on Xbox and we don't even have crystal doors. I really wish the devs wouldn't put things from even more off-in-the-future updates in their "look how much we've done!" pictures. All we have are basic crystal blocks. If the crystal doors were in the update teaser, they should have been included in the update. Doesn't matter if they weren't supposed to be originally. Don't tease what you aren't going to give.

Yes, I'm still a bit sour about not having the crystal furniture the 1.3 update teasers promised us.

I'm sorry if my English is bad, I'm using a translator.

Hi, I saw Terraria's Twitter and I read a question that if I was going to get a beta and they said they are not doing that, it's going to come out definitively

and I know that they will take a long time because removing all the bugs, correcting errors, etc., in a single update is a long time. So I encourage them to be worth waiting for.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom