Terraria State of the Game - January 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I understand the reasons behind removing the last of the legacy items from the classic console versions, that essentially means there's no point in continuing playing this game for me. 1.4 will also nerf various things to the point that I cannot enjoy the game anymore (I was a lot into building contraptions similar to what DicemanX did). So this is the end for me and I will uninstall the game on my console for now.

But I guess it's time now, I have played it since it first released on the 360 back in 2013?. So long and good luck with your future endeavors.

How I feel today, seeing my name in lights here on the Official Terraria Forums, acknowledged by the developers of the game I love as a "god-like Terrarian," and winner of their Hardcore / Master / For the Worthy challenge, eclipses even the incredible feeling of actually finishing the challenge by beating Hardcore / Master / For the Worthy. A huge, humble thank you to everyone involved in issuing the challenge and creating / supporting this absolute masterpiece of a game, to Mr. Sephy for leading the way and Badger for inspiring me to try the game mode, and to all my fellow Terraria enthusiasts for being a part of this fantastic community.

How I feel today, seeing my name in lights here on the Official Terraria Forums, acknowledged by the developers of the game I love as a "god-like Terrarian," and winner of their Hardcore / Master / For the Worthy challenge, eclipses even the incredible feeling of actually finishing the challenge by beating Hardcore / Master / For the Worthy. A huge, humble thank you to everyone involved in issuing the challenge and creating / supporting this absolute masterpiece of a game, to Mr. Sephy for leading the way and Badger for inspiring me to try the game mode, and to all my fellow Terraria enthusiasts for being a part of this fantastic community.
how does this have to do with the state of the game

So console gets keyboard and mouse support.....and ditches it's exclusives? Becoming more and more like pc everyday and this rate...here's an idea, leave pc to pc and console to console....maybe just maybe then you might ACTUALLY get some work done on it....at this rate with the way they are going console will die and it will be a mobile / pc game only....also for the crossplay good luck with that, considering worlds/players are locked to a specific account because of trophies/achievements

I'm super hyped for 1.4 to come to PS4. But can we get pinch to zoom back? It was taken out because no other platforms had it or something. Bit Switch has it now. We need it back, please. :)

So console gets keyboard and mouse support.....and ditches it's exclusives? Becoming more and more like pc everyday and this rate...here's an idea, leave pc to pc and console to console....maybe just maybe then you might ACTUALLY get some work done on it....at this rate with the way they are going console will die and it will be a mobile / pc game only....also for the crossplay good luck with that, considering worlds/players are locked to a specific account because of trophies/achievements
Calm down. Wow.

Hey DR Studio! I love that you work so hard on that great game! It's one of my most favorite games ever! I love it so much I bought it for my Switch even after spending hundreds of hours on the PC-version.

Now I got one question! Can you add motion controls for us Switch players?

I love it in every game that supports that feature and I think this is one of the best features added to a console.

I can imagine that it works really well when you build things or just aim for monsters. I know there's auto-aiming but one of the key features of the Nintendo Switch in my opinion are the motion controls.

I use motion controls very often in other games to adjust my aiming just a little to be more precise and it works really well. It's kind of like aiming with a mouse.
I'm sure this game could benefit from this feature as well if you think of the small tiles in this game. On PC it's very easy but on console you have to concentrate more on the right movement with the sticks on the controller.

Last edited:
how does this have to do with the state of the game
Because ArcheREE was mentioned in the state of the game and congratulated on his impressive feat in the Community section. :)
1611926036235.png

Calm down. Wow.
Calm down? A game that originally started on pc? Then console yeah that's ok...but the fact they release a finished mobile product before consoles is a joke!
Before this goes too far @LeftyRedd and @Possessed_soul88, let’s remember to keep things cordial. Everyone can have their own opinion, you don’t have to agree, but it does need to stay civil.

If any, is there a speculated launch date for 1.4 on console? If not that's perfectly fine, just means I get to prepare more for the update :dryadsmile:

And still no 1.4 for consoles... after over 7 months...
Be patient, you want them to release it the best they can right? You don’t want a super super messy game now right?
But yeah patient is key, but really I don’t think the wait would be much longer, plus if you think about it console development of 1.4 started in October I think I don’t remember but it was near the end of last year, look at where they are 4-5 months in they are already in the alpha!
Also note that number isn’t exact... I wasn’t counting lol

SO EXCITED FOR CROSS PLATFORM! I know it's not for sure, and even if you guys don't get it up and running, we really appriciate all of the work and effort you put into making this game the best there is!<3

And still no 1.4 for consoles... after over 7 months...

you DO know 1.4 for console has only been getting worked on for 2-3 months, right?

all ports are now being handled by DR studios, the console versions were dropped on top of their workload in the middle of their work on mobile.

they still managed to get to pre-alpha at the end of october, and full alpha by december.

then they took a break for the holidays.

you make it sound like they've been working on it since 1.4 released, which is wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom