Terraria State of the Game - January 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the months state of the game gets pushed out at the very end of the month, you know someone isn't going to be happy. Yes, once again it's the console guys. No real updates other than keyboard and mouse support (cause that's what controller peeps want right?).

Cross play requires parity.... Parity. I keep hearing this word.
Why don't the devs quit offloading their game to other companies and code it themselves to these other platforms? Bring this in house and stop the madness.

Terraria is a fantastic game burdened by miss management. I only hope they learn from all these years and do it right on the next round.

So happy to hear the mouse and keyboard support is coming to consoles! All though I must admit, I'm definitely not a fan of the inventory UI shown in that video. If m&k is coming, why wouldn't you just leave the UI as the same style as the PC one?

So happy to hear the mouse and keyboard support is coming to consoles! All though I must admit, I'm definitely not a fan of the inventory UI shown in that video. If m&k is coming, why wouldn't you just leave the UI as the same style as the PC one?

i couldn't care less for mouse and keyboard, really not a fan of them... even that video irked me, the tapping and clicking was so loud and distracting.

but yeah, i also don't really care for that new UI... i like how the UI currently is.

are we gonna be forced to go with that UI? i hope they change it back to the PC-style UI we currently have on console.

or at the very least, give us the option to switch UI styles.

i couldn't care less for mouse and keyboard, really not a fan of them... even that video irked me, the tapping and clicking was so loud and distracting.

but yeah, i also don't really care for that new UI... i like how the UI currently is.

are we gonna be forced to go with that UI? i hope they change it back to the PC-style UI we currently have on console.

I think they said that they still would leave the 1.3’s ui in as an option but you ain’t sure

honestly I've felt the PC ui doesn't really work well on consoles and feels extremely off without a keyboard and mouse though support for them is nice I know next to no one will actually use it.
Also haven't seen them mention being able to use the old UI but this could change in the final product

honestly I've felt the PC ui doesn't really work well on consoles and feels extremely off without a keyboard and mouse though support for them is nice I know next to no one will actually use it.
Also haven't seen them mention being able to use the old UI but this could change in the final product

i see no issues with the 1.3 UI, i am rarely fond of change, and i am extremely picky with stuff... but i quite enjoyed the changes 1.3 brought to console.

i just hope we get options... i'll give DR a chance, but i can't really have faith in people i haven't experienced results from.

they're gonna have their hands full, i imagine, trying not to upset the entire console fanbase.

i don't wanna be unfair to them, but it's hard to not worry about how the console version is gonna change.

hopefully everything works out.

Great news! I'm most excited for console 1.4 coming soon and crossplay. That's an amazing thing, thanks relogic for everything!

I must leave the forums. a member has annoyed me and for this I shall leave but if they ever decide to realize that I just wanted to be friendly and discuss Terraria they should apologize. ps im ignoring them

I could also care less for keyboard and mouse,I don't see why people find it more comfy with a controller,but hey, different styles, different people, different opinions.

I could also care less for keyboard and mouse,I don't see why people find it more comfy with a controller,but hey, different styles, different people, different opinions.

it's "couldn't care less", saying "could care less" means you DO care about it.

but controllers are more comfortable because they're designed for gaming... i've never had any issues with controllers, i've been gaming for decades now.

i tried playing on PC at some point in my life, and mouse and keyboard is just... wrong.

it's so difficult to figure out how a game works with them, the controls are scattered, and they're extremely uncomfortable.

i've ended up with both wrist and finger pain from using mouse and keyboard controls.

meanwhile, controllers have actually provided relief, and helped me keep my hands dexterous.

so no one will ever convince me that PC controls are a comfortable or proper way to play games.

Last edited:
it's "couldn't care less", saying "could care less" means you DO care about it.

but controllers are more comfortable because they're designed for gaming... i've never had any issues with controllers, i've been gaming for decades now.

i tried playing on PC at some point in my life, and mouse and keyboard is just... wrong.

it's so difficult to figure out how a game works with them, the controls are scattered, and they're extremely uncomfortable.

i've ended up with both wrist and finger pain from using mouse and keyboard controls.

meanwhile, controllers have actually provided relief, and helped me keep my hands dexterous.

so no one will ever convince me that PC controls are a comfortable or proper way to play games.
I feel pretty much the exact same thing with controllers and it's because I've been using keyboards for longer. So this is entirely subjective. And I'm not going to convince you that it's more comfortable because that's also subjective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom