Terraria State of the Game - January 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only play on console(my Chromebook won't let me install apps and I don't have a phone)When I try to port my worlds from old gen(xbox360) to recent gen(xbox1) The loading takes too long to load the worlds I had waited an entire full-day (my Xbox was on for about 18 hours) for it to load and the thing is still loading is this going to be a constant problem or will it be fixed in 1.4(also if cross saves make it will this still be a problem)

I can only play on console(my Chromebook won't let me install apps and I don't have a phone)When I try to port my worlds from old gen(xbox360) to recent gen(xbox1) The loading takes too long to load the worlds I had waited an entire full-day (my Xbox was on for about 18 hours) for it to load and the thing is still loading is this going to be a constant problem or will it be fixed in 1.4(also if cross saves make it will this still be a problem)

Google it. My son got one for Xmas and he wanted to install Terraria and couldn't. We googled it and it was really straightforward how to make it accept programs. 😊😊

Probably, yes... and the same would apply to any other combination of scenarios. We would then hope that <party that doesn't want to> would later come to their senses.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if it happened, editing my current main world into a 1.4 world in TEdit would be great, but if Sony are as funny as people say they are then I'm not getting my hopes up. It's great that you're trying though.

we have made the tough call to remove all remaining Console Exclusives
Then I suppose it's goodbye forever to Ye Olde Gen Tavern:
1612364845934.png

i understand why you're removing the old-gen console items, but why not add them to the other versions of the game? yes, they don't fit your vision, but why is that? what is so unfitting about these items that makes them not worth having?

i understand why you're removing the old-gen console items, but why not add them to the other versions of the game? yes, they don't fit your vision, but why is that? what is so unfitting about these items that makes them not worth having?
I agree. At this point all of the current console exclusives are literally just vanity and building materials. The other stuff was pretty terrible and low quality but they already removed that so I don’t get it.

I agree. At this point all of the current console exclusives are literally just vanity and building materials. The other stuff was pretty terrible and low quality but they already removed that so I don’t get it.
not to mention, all of this stuff that is present in current day console editions can all be resprited. they aren't forced to use the same old sprites back when they were really bad recolors of jungle, gold, and mythril hood + robe, nor do you have to use the newer sprites. these items are part of Terraria's history after all, and removing them simply because they don't meet quality standards is a bit ridiculous considering that if it has to do with the art of these items, then you can always touch them up with a bit of an edit.

if need be, they can also just remove the recipes for the items (they're a relic of terraria 1.1 recipes anyways) and just have the clothier sell them with special conditions, like if you're wearing ancient hallowed armor for melee, you get dragon armor, or the ranged set for titan, and then the mage and summon set can let you get the spectral set.

Last edited:
I am more used to controller than keyboard and mouse. I am so excited for 1.4 to be out on console but also sad because I have all legacy items. One question I have is, What will a placed Ocram Trophy be replaced With? Also, will there be texture packs available for console?

Why is that UI layout so far removed from PC? I thought the idea was to have more parity, not less?

It's good that we'll be able to use a keyboard to navigate the dupe menu though, typing on a controller is a ball-ache. Wil we be able to have both running at once, so that we can play with a controller but browse the UI using a keyboard?

If terraria is on the console (like on the smartphone) then I don't feel like it anymore. The terarria like NOW should NOT change on the console... bye

Why is that UI layout so far removed from PC? I thought the idea was to have more parity, not less?

It's good that we'll be able to use a keyboard to navigate the dupe menu though, typing on a controller is a ball-ache. Wil we be able to have both running at once, so that we can play with a controller but browse the UI using a keyboard?
Well they are going to try to add a legacy ui(which is 1.3’s ui I beleive) so I hopefully answered your first question if I’m correct lol

Well they are going to try to add a legacy ui(which is 1.3’s ui I beleive) so I hopefully answered your first question if I’m correct lol
So you think that's the legacy UI? I don't get why it's so far removed from PC, it's even further away than what we have now. I think DR might just be building on their existing mobile version to save some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom