Terraria State of the Game - January 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think that's the legacy UI? I don't get why it's so far removed from PC, it's even further away than what we have now. I think DR might just be building on their existing mobile version to save some time.

1612798623012.png

Legacy would be much akin to what you have on Console now - which is fairly close to what we have on PC. Obviously, it would need to weave in the 1.4-era additions (Journey stuff, etc). That has not been finalized yet.

It's good that we'll be able to use a keyboard to navigate the dupe menu though, typing on a controller is a ball-ache. Wil we be able to have both running at once, so that we can play with a controller but browse the UI using a keyboard?

Great question - I really do not know. Will check it out next time I'm testing a build.

The overall idea here is for a consistent experience - but one that is tweaked as it is needed to take advantage and optimize for each platform. The vast majority of those tweaks will fall under UI and/or controls pretty much. As noted in the big red text above, all of that is still WIP. ;)

So you think that's the legacy UI? I don't get why it's so far removed from PC, it's even further away than what we have now. I think DR might just be building on their existing mobile version to save some time.
No I wasn’t saying that’s the legacy ui... I know what it is I played in 1.2.... I was saying they were dying making that be the legacy ui or something.

No I wasn’t saying that’s the legacy ui... I know what it is I played in 1.2.... I was saying they were dying making that be the legacy ui or something.
I have honestly never liked console ui other than 1.2(i liked that one but i dont want it back) but i have liked the mobile ui so uhhh i kinda want the new one

The only real nitpick I have is the boss health bar being in the top right with all the other player stats instead of like the bottom center of the screen. It’s also a minor inconvenience but the text overlapping with the boss health bar is also not something I like for the beginning of the fight.

As for UI it looks better than the previous one, but I’ll probably always like the original console UI than 1.3’s and 1.4’s

Yeah I do agree about the boss healthbar I do think it would be nice to have an option on console and mobile to make it go into the center bottom of the screen like pc.

Last edited:
View attachment 307441

Legacy would be much akin to what you have on Console now - which is fairly close to what we have on PC. Obviously, it would need to weave in the 1.4-era additions (Journey stuff, etc). That has not been finalized yet.

Great question - I really do not know. Will check it out next time I'm testing a build.

The overall idea here is for a consistent experience - but one that is tweaked as it is needed to take advantage and optimize for each platform. The vast majority of those tweaks will fall under UI and/or controls pretty much. As noted in the big red text above, all of that is still WIP. ;)
Fair enough, I just think that it would be better for people who play on PC and console to have as similar experience as possible, otherwise it's going to be like working on PC and then a Mac and back again, lots of annoying little differences.

That said, I don't know the percentages of 2-platform owners (PC+console, PC+mobile, or Console+mobile), so the majority might well prefer it.

Sweet stuff. Really hype about the cross save type stuff. I tried playing on PC to see all the 1.4 content and I'm having so much trouble holding interest. I've always been fine restarting completely fresh, but it bothers the hell out of me thinking how this world and character aren't gonna be with the rest of them.

Keep up the great work everyone!

I have a problem about it
Duke Fishron 76500 HP,post-Golem
Empress of Light 124950 HP,post-Plantera
Really???
As zettabite said you can fight duke fishron at any time in hardmode even at the start of it, it’s just all of its content are considered post golem stuff and he is pretty difficult, so I don’t see a problem there

As zettabite said you can fight duke fishron at any time in hardmode even at the start of it, it’s just all of its content are considered post golem stuff and he is pretty difficult, so I don’t see a problem there
[/引用]Yes,my friends and me usually fight duke fishron in hardmode pre-mech bosses.This fight is too ez that we can use it`s weapons(Tsunami),until we get phantasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom