Terraria State of the Game - January 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of this looks amazing but I couldn't find anything on the one thing I'm after. That's news on beta testing. I understand that an alpha version is made but will public beta testers be able to test terraria 1.4 on console platforms? Really I'm just looking for a way to play 1.4 on my PS4 as soon as possible 😂

No plans to do this for a few reasons - one of which is that historically the public beta programs on consoles are mostly reserved for new titles or paid DLC. Ironically, being a free update puts us outside of the mainstream policy there.

Also, again, no plans to open up those floodgates - so we aren't going to ask for an exception. :p

So console gets keyboard and mouse support.....and ditches it's exclusives? Becoming more and more like pc everyday and this rate...here's an idea, leave pc to pc and console to console....maybe just maybe then you might ACTUALLY get some work done on it....at this rate with the way they are going console will die and it will be a mobile / pc game only....also for the crossplay good luck with that, considering worlds/players are locked to a specific account because of trophies/achievements
there giving console keyboard and mouse support because of the rainbow cursor from the empress of light you dont have to get mad because there trying to add features that everybody can enjoy

I don't think it's just because of the rainbow cursor.Obviously,many of us are scattered on all these platforms.
basically,I have a friend who only has terraria on mobile,he cna't get it on pc.It was very frustrating to know htat we cannot play together.I am sure there are many people stuck in this situation,with some friends on cosole and others on mobile,or on pc.also,this samew friend like playing on keyboard+mouse,but not controller,or touch screen,simply,he hates it.Re-logic and Dr studios are working for parity.

there giving console keyboard and mouse support because of the rainbow cursor from the empress of light you dont have to get mad because there trying to add features that everybody can enjoy
It isn't just for the rainbow cursor. I personally dislike the controller for Terraria and don't have the money for a PC. I and others have been asking for keyboard and mouse support for a while.

No plans to do this for a few reasons - one of which is that historically the public beta programs on consoles are mostly reserved for new titles or paid DLC. Ironically, being a free update puts us outside of the mainstream policy there.

Also, again, no plans to open up those floodgates - so we aren't going to ask for an exception. :p
I appreciate that you get timing questions on console 1.4 every day, but please DM me if I can help speed this process. I have access to resources that may be helpful.

I don't know if this is supposed to be in the console version but I was playing with my friends and me and my friend saw a tree sprout up and leaves fell off of it so I didn't know if it was supposed to be in the game yet?

I don't know if this is supposed to be in the console version but I was playing with my friends and me and my friend saw a tree sprout up and leaves fell off of it so I didn't know if it was supposed to be in the game yet?
yes that can happen is in the game

Its just a visual perk thing

It isn't just for the rainbow cursor. I personally dislike the controller for Terraria and don't have the money for a PC. I and others have been asking for keyboard and mouse support for a while.
yeah i play one Xbox one and I just think there way to many controls to be on just a controller that's why kb@mouse is easier just takes longer to get used to.

With the keyboard and mouse support coming will there also come a camera mode? I really want one on mobile because I don’t have to combine 2 or more photos together to get 1 single build picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom