Terraria State of the Game - January 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,where is news about terraria otherworld open code????!!!It already got 100000 subs at petition!
I don't want to disappoint you but even ten billion signatures on the petition probably wouldn't change anything. There's a lot of hurdles before open-sourcing a game, especially one that had a complicated history because who actually owns the code? Keep in mind there's quite likely a number of middleware libraries included...

maybe it's too late but i still hope you can see and think about it: add ancient chisel into architect gizmo pack crafting tree. and make the slice of cake buff longer as other buff stations. it would be really helpful if these come true.
sorry for saying it so late.

Hey,where is news about terraria otherworld open code????!!!It already got 100000 subs at petition!
That is officially been dead since 2018. It never will see the light of day ever.
No matter if Terraria Overworld petition get trillions of signatures. It never coming out.

I wanted to help celebrate both the Journey's End update, and the New Year for Terraria. So here is a funny little song I made a few years back. Happy belated Birthday Terraria. The song is called Crimson or Corruption. You can listen to it here.

Last edited:
I wanted to help celebrate both the Journey's End update, and the New Year for Terraria. So here is a funny little song I made a few years back. Happy Birthday Terraria. The song is called Crimson or Corruption. You can listen to it here.
Ok? It is not Terraria Bday. This State of the game said console and mobile will get at least everything from PC. (Besides Stream Workshop)

Now, to be clear, that does not include things like tModLoader or Steam Workshop-style pack support at this time. Those remain interesting ideas that the team will explore
I wish from all my heart that both make there way to mobile and console.

I wish from all my heart that both make there way to mobile and console.
That depends on technology (PS, Xbox, Switch, Android, IOS) I don't think it is possible but I could be wrong. DR studio could find a way to put moding and Stream Workshop into game. We shall see what happens.

That depends on technology (PS, Xbox, Switch, Android, IOS) I don't think it is possible but I could be wrong. DR studio could find a way to put moding and Stream Workshop into game. We shall see what happens.
I don't think DR Studio is the problem, modders themselves don't want to port their mods to other platforms, I don't know why honestly, hopefully they change their mind

I don't think DR Studio is the problem, modders themselves don't want to port their mods to other platforms, I don't know why honestly, hopefully they change their mind
I think it's because it gets in the arena of I.P. territory, where more eyeballs seeing certain characters and environment might start asking questions. For example, seeing Mario hop around in Terraria is cool and everything on P.C., where a person is simply making cosmetic changes to their own version for the game, however... all it takes is for the wrong person to see Mario, in a game that isn't owned by Nintendo, and now everyone suffers for it.

I know it sounds appealing to make Modding cross-platform too, but trust me when I say, it's not worth the hassle. Legal battles can get ugly, and most times it's not necessarily the companies, but the over-zealous, greedy lawyers that make things worse. Lastly, some Modders and users don't know how to police themselves and so, it's best everyone just do ourselves a solid and not even entertain the idea...

I think it's because it gets in the arena of I.P. territory, where more eyeballs seeing certain characters and environment might start asking questions. For example, seeing Mario hop around in Terraria is cool and everything on P.C., where a person is simply making cosmetic changes to their own version for the game, however... all it takes is for the wrong person to see Mario, in a game that isn't owned by Nintendo, and now everyone suffers for it.

I know it sounds appealing to make Modding cross-platform too, but trust me when I say, it's not worth the hassle. Legal battles can get ugly, and most times it's not necessarily the companies, but the over-zealous, greedy lawyers that make things worse. Lastly, some Modders and users don't know how to police themselves and so, it's best everyone just do ourselves a solid and not even entertain the idea...
Ok, in my opinion about this argument make no sense because 1. We already like Toad, Mario costumes in default game (no mods) 2. As I said, Console company are strict but Re Logic could convince them to allow mods and people to mod the game on console. 3. Mobile, this is already possible, games like Minecraft, you can mod basically anything into the game. So I don't know how ReLogic will do modding. 4. Legal Stuff, I don't think this will cause problems because most of the mods is original content and not stolen besides of few fan made mods based on games like Legend of Zelda ,Mario, Kibey, or any popular games. 5. Modders It is unlimitedly up to them to port any mods to any platform.

So for any modding,. DR studio have to find a way to make it possible and easy to mod console and mobile. And modder have to choose whether to port there mods into other platforms. (Not PC)

Ok, in my opinion about this argument make no sense because 1. We already like Toad, Mario costumes in default game (no mods) .
If you've kept track with the game, there were quite a few items Re-Logic was already asked to either remove or adjust so, the only reason we likely have these items now, is because them and Nintendo came to some kind of agreement, or Re-Logic found some way around it, though it's likely the former. 🧐 🤷‍♂️

2.As I said, Console company are strict but Re Logic could convince them to allow mods and people to mod the game on console.
They're strict for good reason, but if Mods are to make their way onto the other platforms, it'd be up to those Modders to make such a thing work properly, Re-Logic would need to be as hands-off as possible, or be sure to curate the Mods similar to how Bethesda did for consoles in the "Workshop", which of course, doesn't feature any of the substantial Mods, similar to something like Calamity for Terraria; because as I said earlier, when it comes to I.P.s, things get complicated.

3. Mobile, this is already possible, games like Minecraft, you can mod basically anything into the game. So I don't know how ReLogic will do modding.
It wouldn't be Re-Logic though, because they'd be taking a risk officially supporting that if the platform doesn't already have that feature, like Steam Workshop for example. PlayStation and Nintendo will likely be where this proposition goes to die, as they have almost never hosted "unofficial content" in their stores, even Homebrew is frowned-upon by Nintendo.

4. Legal Stuff, I don't think this will cause problems because most of the mods is original content and not stolen besides of few fan made mods based on games like Legend of Zelda ,Mario, Kibey, or any popular games.
I played Calamity Mod, one of the most celebrated Mods in this community... I won't say much else but, I assure you that someone could make that argument.

5. Modders It is unlimitedly up to them to port any mods to any platform.
Exactly, which is why I'm just making it clear that PlayStation and Nintendo will be where this suggestion dies.

So for any modding,. DR studio have to find a way to make it possible and easy to mod console and mobile. And modder have to choose whether to port there mods into other platforms. (Not PC)
No, DR Studios would have to be extremely hands-off with any Mods that alter the intent of the original game, and there'll also need to be a disclaimer if by some happenstance any Mods harm, destroy, corrupt or breach any function of your console or unit, and you'll have to agree to those terms to use it.

At most, they can probably curate stuff, anything beyond that, they can be held liable... 🧐 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Hello, I love terraria there are a few things that were better before 1.4 (in my opinion). For example the world generation, it is no longer possible to spawn in a snow biome, No, you are always spawned in the forest biom. at first it's boring that everything filled is just smooth, I mean only on the surface. I'm only talking about the mobile and console version because I only have them. there are more things to deal with that were better before 1.4, but that will come next time🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom