1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

Terraria State of the Game - July 2019

Discussion in 'PC - Re-Logic' started by Loki, Jul 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Thread was lock by: Tunnel King
Reason: more recent news has been posted
Lock date: 21:39 16-08-2019
  1. Vilvo2.0

Vilvo2.0 Terrarian

So apparently Beta news is "Just around the corner" to quote MrGameTheory, and am now very interested.....

Nightspark and Quackinton like this.
  2. Quackinton

Quackinton Skeletron

I am too. I just can’t wait anymore! The update is going to be awesome!

Nightspark likes this.
  3. The Steampunk

The Steampunk Eye of Cthulhu

No kidding!

Quackinton likes this.
  4. Silly_-_-_

Silly_-_-_ Terrarian

When is the Release date?

5. RockaBen99

RockaBen99 Terrarian

Probably the same day the update releases.

6. Silly_-_-_

Silly_-_-_ Terrarian

And when is the update?

Quackinton likes this.
  7. Tunnel King

Tunnel King Administrator Staff Member Administrator

There has been no announced release date, and there won't be until Re-Logic/505Games feel satisfied that they have one to announce.

8. ED209

ED209 Plantera

If certain weapons can't be used because it's causing the game to lag beyond usable levels, then I wouldn't call that "working". Parts of it work, granted, but not all of it. Plus the new minor bugs like the cursor not snapping back really make gameplay less enjoyable.

Quackinton likes this.
  9. The Steampunk

How will the World Seed work for Console? I've been reading about it on the wiki, and my XBox doesn't have config.json files!

10. Phoenix798

Phoenix798 Skeletron Prime

I was wondering about the same thing!

The Steampunk likes this.
  11. Loki

Loki Consigliere Staff Member Re-Logic Administrator

Which exact weapons - outside of giant multi-tier automated farm systems - are lagging the game to unplayable levels in normal use.

Serious question, so that this can be escalated to PW.

Quackinton likes this.
  12. NBRI

NBRI Eye of Cthulhu

Female boss...
    Is Plantera getting buffed?
    PLEASE NO!!! I already struggle with her* AS IT IS!!!
    *To the point where I can't even defeat her on my own!

Quackinton likes this.
  13. The Steampunk

Every time I try to defeat any boss with restricted movement I always die because I get so close. Every time I have defeated Plantera I kill her from lingering particles such as cursed flames or Death Sickle.

Quackinton likes this.
  14. NBRI

NBRI Eye of Cthulhu

My problem stems from Plantera's absurdly high health, not me not having enough space to dodge her.

15. The Steampunk

Just dig an enormous square out in the Jungle. Put rows of platforms in it. And then use the Flamethrower to melt her. Fly around and take breaks if needed. Use a sword to destroy the spores. Don't forget to dodge the seeds.

Quackinton likes this.
  16. Nickolaev

Nickolaev Terrarian

let's wait, very happy to advance the development;)
    P.S.
    I am writing in the hope that the creators of the worlds will see me and my message here:passionate:

Quackinton likes this.
  17. Charlie Lemanski

Charlie Lemanski Terrarian

I’ve seen meowmere make the game quite laggy, or even crash in enclosed spaces on consoles.

18. NBRI

NBRI Eye of Cthulhu

Believe it or not, I actually did that. It ended in what I'd call a "clutch*" victory.
    *DGR reference

adamAtBeef, AidanCat and Quackinton like this.
  19. Nine

Nine Terrarian

I would try for chlorophyte armor and ranged weapons. I would go for pierce also, to deal with Plantera’s second form. The tendrils are decidedly annoying if you don’t have pierce. Place some platforms or blocks and fly in a circle shooting as you go. You will defeat her because she has issues with people traveling in circles her first form just shots and like with the twins you can dodge the seeds she spits. In the second form you can do a similar method of flying in a circle and stopping on the platforms I mentioned so you can get a recharge for the flight time. At least that is how I beat her.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 31, 2019, Original Post Date: Jul 31, 2019 ---
    Although, If you are playing just mele this will be different.

20. Charlie Lemanski

Charlie Lemanski Terrarian

I think what we all want here is the release date of the release date of the release date.

Quackinton likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.