Terraria State of the Game - July 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greetings Terrarians!

Welcome to the the latest Terraria community update on development progress across all active platforms! So much has happened over the last several weeks - from Switch Launch to the reveal of Terraria Mobile online multiplayer and so much more. These are exciting times indeed to be a Terrarian! Read on below to uncover the latest and greatest information around the Terraria universe.

PlayStation 4 & XBOX ONE - PIPEWORKS

The team has continued its work integrating the 1.3.5 update to both PS4 & Xbox One, and great progress has been made already! Our QA teams have started functional testing on some of the content we’ve added thus far; which means content included within 1.3.2 through to 1.3.4.

There’s still more content and updates that need to be integrated, but this is a great opportunity to see how things are shaping up as we work through this process.

After the update integrations have been completed, we’ll need to do another SDK platform update and then final testing alongside Re-Logic before we can get it in your hands.

It’s still too early for a release date, however once things are solidified we’ll let you know.

index.php

SWITCH - PIPEWORKS

What a crazy couple of weeks! For those of you that missed the original news, we launched the Nintendo Switch version of Terraria on June 27th! So, if you haven’t already, please consider snagging a copy from the Nintendo eShop. You can find additional details here: Terraria for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Game Details

Of course, if you would rather wait for the physical version, we also announced those release dates recently:

index.php

• Thursday, August 22 in Spain, Portugal, Australia and New Zealand
• Friday, August 23 in U.K. France, Italy, and other European territories (except Germany)
• Tuesday, August 27 in North America & Germany

Earlier this week we released a patch aimed at tackling most of the commonly reported bugs by the community. You can check out the full list of fixes here: New Patch for Terraria on Nintendo Switch Launches Monday, July 15th!

Presently, we’re monitoring additional bug reports, and prioritizing as necessary for additional hotfixes in the future. If you’re encountering any issues please take the time to report them through the official reporting form here: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form

We’ve also had initial discussions with both 505 Games & Re-Logic regarding future content updates like 1.3.1. Nothing definitive to announce yet, but those talks are taking place.

Launching any game on a new platform is always stressful and full of unexpected challenges & triumphs. We couldn’t be more pleased with the reception from the fans thus far, and we want to reiterate how grateful we are that you’ve placed your trust in us. We look forward to carrying that torch into the future.

Onward to an even better 2019!

index.php

MOBILE - DR STUDIOS

View attachment 224357
Work-In-Progress of Control Overlay & Instructions Page to help ease the learning curve on the new controls

Hello everyone!

What an eventful month it has been on the Terraria Mobile front! We were so excited to be able to share Online Multiplayer in that live stream - what a fun time that was, huh? - and we are really looking forward to sharing even more juicy information as we get closer and closer to launch. For this month, we wanted to dive into one of the most-asked questions around Mobile Terraria 1.3: "Will it run on my device"... or as we know them, Minimum/Recommended specifications. Without further ado, let's launch into that!

TERRARIA MOBILE 1.3 SPECIFICATIONS

Below, you will find both recommended and minimum specification requirements for the upcoming Terraria Mobile 1.3 update. As long as your device is within the minimum specification tier, then you will receive the update and the game will run for you. The team’s logic in developing this update was to include as many devices as possible while designing for an optimal and uncompromised experience on newer devices. This means that older devices may have to have some things turned off and may not be able to do everything that newer devices can – however, they still get a fully functional mobile 1.3 and one that we feel remains leaps and bounds over the current experience.

Here are some important things to keep in mind.
  • For devices below the RECOMMENDED tier, you may experience performance issues when attempting to utilize some graphic settings and especially when trying to generate and play on larger worlds.
  • The game will automatically detect what device you are playing on and place some settings at lower levels to improve performance. You may adjust these back in the Settings Menu – but please note that you do so at the risk of performance drops and/or crashing if the capabilities of your device are overrun.
  • This logic will carry over to device-hosted multiplayer as well. Lower-end devices will not be able to host as many players/as well as newer devices. There is no exact way to know what device can handle what (as we are supporting thousands of device configurations), so this is more just something to keep in mind.

What we cannot provide is a list of supported devices - because the number of devices that we are currently supporting with this is quite literally over 9000! %-_-

Amazon specifications are still TBD, as we expect that platform to run a bit behind Android time-wise (as Amazon is an offshoot of the Android build). Don't worry, we don't expect that wait to be too long at all. :)

MOBILE 1.3 SPECIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS BY PLATFORM

Recommended (Required for use of/playing on Large Worlds and for making full use of graphics settings, etc)
  • Metal Enabled Devices (A7 or newer chipset)
  • iOS 8.0+
  • 1.5+ GB of RAM
Example Devices (not all-inclusive): iPhone 6S, iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 4 and newer

Minimum Required (Required to receive and play the 1.3 Update)
  • Metal Enabled Devices (A7 or newer chipset)
  • iOS 8.0+
  • 1GB of RAM
Example Devices (Not all-inclusive): iPhone 5S, iPad Air 1, iPad Mini 2

***Note that devices with higher specifications will naturally see better performance overall and have greater capability for hosting multiplayer sessions, using more intensive graphic settings, etc.***

index.php

Recommended (Required for use of/playing on Large Worlds and for making full use of graphics settings, etc)
  • Android 4.3+
  • Open GL ES 3.0
  • 1.5+ GB RAM

Example Devices (not all-inclusive): Google Pixel - Huawei Mate 10 Lite - LGE LG K20 Plus - Motorola moto g(6) - OnePlus 5 - Samsung Galaxy Note8 – Samsung Galaxy S7 - Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 - Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

Minimum Required
  • Android 4.3+
  • Open GL ES 3.0
  • 1GB RAM

Example Devices: Asus Nexus 7 (2013) - Lenovo TAB 10 - Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Samsung Galaxy S5 - Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2106)

***Note that devices with higher specifications will naturally see better performance overall and have greater capability for hosting multiplayer sessions, using more intensive graphic settings, etc.***

index.php

PC - RE-LOGIC
Greetings from the PC side of the house!

We will keep it short and sweet this month and share a little teaser that took place on Discord over the past week or so - in case you missed it. Pretty big deal, of course, and we can't wait to read your speculation as to what this could be. ;)

index.php

COMMUNITY
Happy July everyone! As always, the Terraria Community has so much going on and so much to offer. If you are not out there interacting with your fellow Terrarians and getting involved, there is no better time than the present to do so! :cool:

We wanted to take a few minutes to share the latest big adventure within the Community - this week's opportunity to meet up in person in the UK with a handful of folks from the community alongside members of 505 and Re-Logic! It was certainly a great time for everyone, and a chance to forge some strong bonds within the community. Check out the handful of photos below to catch a glimpse of just some of what all transpired!

View attachment 224360
The Terraria Community Team invaded the United Kingdom this week to partake in an epic adventure.

View attachment 224361
Joining our European Community Team entourage was ChippyGaming, Pedguin, Python, Darthmorf, Pazz, Madman2021, Rexamicum, DisturbedTK, Safemanda, and MrGameTheory

View attachment 224362
View attachment 224363
During the trip we met with key members of Re-Logic and 505 Games. We explored the Terraria 1.3 update on mobile. And had fun playing multiplayer Terraria on Switch.

View attachment 224364
There was plenty of cool swag to go around.

View attachment 224365

View attachment 224366

View attachment 224367
Helping make the Terraria community a wonderful place is a group effort. We love our community and we have fun both online and offline.

Last month the Terraria Community Team took a trip to Los Angeles for E3. Here is a throw back picture of the fun we had in Los Angeles.
We are always looking for new members to join the Terraria Community Team. For those who are unaware, the Terraria Community Team is our official Terraria fan club and volunteer base that helps across our many social media communities. There are so many fun projects to work on! We have several branches including: Art, Developer, Event, Influencer, Lore, Moderator, News, Social Media, Translation, University, and Writing. If you are looking for something to do or a way to help the community then please apply to join us. Come register here and spread the word to fellow Terrarians: Terraria Community Team Application Form

I was hoping for a release date, but good news anyway!

Boss? Bullet hell? In Terraria?
Hum, looks like I'll have to be either under or above the boss to avoid most hits.

Since Cenx posted on Twitter (July 7th) that her daughter defeated her first (on her own without help) boss, I assume this boss is related to that? Especially that the date of the discord post is last Tuesday which is July 9th

Ha, well, now I know for sure that my phone will at least get the update! Not expecting it to run well because it’s just an iPhone 5s but I’ll see how well my phone runs it and if it runs bad enough I’ll try to get my dads old phone that’s better than my phone to work

OpenGL ES 3.0? I think I lack this, would it make terraria get shown purple like other games that my OpenGL can't handle?

Ha, well, now I know for sure that my phone will at least get the update! Not expecting it to run well because it’s just an iPhone 5s but I’ll see how well my phone runs it and if it runs bad enough I’ll try to get my dads old phone that’s better than my phone to work
Thank goodness my phone is good enough to work for the update. Mine is a 6S Plus.
[doublepost=1563570552,1563570521][/doublepost]
When will beta launch for mobile 1.3 cause if the beta isn't out then the release date will be very far away:merchantsigh:
The Beta is out. They are picking people until the update releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom