Terraria State of the Game - July 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the switch version getting the radial menu soon? I just fired up the PS4 version and I found out that holding L1 opens a radial for auto heal/buff/mana and holding R1 gets you the radial for your shortcut bar clockwise. Would help a lot if the switch version gets them too.

Couldn't a third party like Google or someone force:A, A specific unknown file needed to run 1.3, and 2, an account with X provider?

This has gone on long enough. Switch has a release date, yet mobile doesn't. Mobile hasn't had a content update in three :red:ing years. I'm sorry for using such language, but it's getting ridiculous. Mobile doesn't even work. When I tap play, nothing happens. The review section on the App Store is littered with complaints about the glitches and lack of bug fixes or patches and rightfully so. I find it genuinely appalling that a team of people that created such a wonderful and beautiful game have almost abandoned an entire platforms community. I'm not asking for the content to be completed faster. I'm not asking for some miracle where all of the work is magically done by faeries overnight. I'm asking for my game back. I don't care if it takes another year for 1.3 to come out, but at least trying to fix the mess of glitches or bugs that Mobile has become would make me and a lot of other people very happy.

This has gone on long enough. Switch has a release date, yet mobile doesn't. Mobile hasn't had a content update in three :red:ing years. I'm sorry for using such language, but it's getting ridiculous. Mobile doesn't even work. When I tap play, nothing happens. The review section on the App Store is littered with complaints about the glitches and lack of bug fixes or patches and rightfully so. I find it genuinely appalling that a team of people that created such a wonderful and beautiful game have almost abandoned an entire platforms community. I'm not asking for the content to be completed faster. I'm not asking for some miracle where all of the work is magically done by faeries overnight. I'm asking for my game back. I don't care if it takes another year for 1.3 to come out, but at least trying to fix the mess of glitches or bugs that Mobile has become would make me and a lot of other people very happy.
Calm down, buddy. First off, Switch was being developed at the same time as console 1.3, so it was easy to get Switch released on that update. Mobile was also being developed at the same time. It's just harder.
Also, what do you think they're trying to do with this update? They're gonna fix all of this mess. Just chill.

just chill buddy... just remember.. dr studios started late december 2018... and only a few months... we are sooooo sooo close to the update.. just wait... it is sooo soo close now and it wont take a year... i promise... ik that 3 years of waiting is kinda frustrating but... were soo close now... do u want to give up already? ur quarter of an inch away from the update and u want u give up already... too bad ma dud...~:(~-_- and btw if ur bragging about the 3 years of wait... remember that before... pipeworks have soooo soo many projects like... switch and the console updates... thats why it takes sooo long for them to take focus on mobile... and thats why they gave it up to dr studios so they can help to make the development much faster in mobile

Last edited:

No need to be very rash! The update is currently in Beta, which is literally the final step of the update’s development before the official (long-awaited) launch. Likely a few months left now! Just hang in there, bud! ~:)

just chill buddy... just remember.. dr studios started late december 2018... and only a few months... we are sooooo sooo close to the update.. just wait... it is sooo soo close now and it wont take a year... i promise... ik that 3 years of waiting is kinda frustrating but... were soo close now... do u want to give up already? ur quarter of an inch away from the update and u want u give up already... too bad ma dud...~:(~-_- and btw if ur bragging about the 3 years of wait... remember that before... pipeworks have soooo soo many projects like... switch and the console updates... thats why it takes sooo long for them to take focus on mobile... and thats why they gave it up to dr studios so they can help to make the development much faster in mobile

I'm not sure how stating that it's been three years since the last content update is bragging, but whatever. I've loved this game since the day I bought and it makes me angry over the neglect it's suffered. I was just pointing out that there has been a lot of reviews on how buggy the game is yet no hotfix has been handed out.

I'm not sure how stating that it's been three years since the last content update is bragging, but whatever. I've loved this game since the day I bought and it makes me angry over the neglect it's suffered. I was just pointing out that there has been a lot of reviews on how buggy the game is yet no hotfix has been handed out.
No one is bragging about a 3-year gap in updates/fixes. The contractor who made the current version hasn't been associated with Re-Logic/505Games since that last version, and we're now on third contractor to make updates for it. I don't mean that as an excuse, but as an explanation. We're aware of the issues and reviews.

At this point, it makes no sense to stop and fix issues in the current version. The 1.3 version is very close (in active internal beta now) and should address most if not all of the issues with the current version, as well as add a ton of new content and features. And it will be a free update for anyone who already has the current version.

"We're making it a bullet hell"
Not like all other bosses after wall of flesh is a bullet hell in itself.

I mostly mean bosses after the wall of flesh like the destroyer or the martian invasion.

I feel as if the Mech bosses are more of an endurance test rather than a bullet hell, since most of the screen will be filled with bullets and lasers everywhere! Plantera is a “circle to defeat” boss, Golem is another endurance test, Duke is a bullfight boss with some projectiles involved, Lunatic is a pseudo-bullet hell, and Moon Lord is a endurance test and pseudo-bullet hell boss. In a nutshell, most Hardmode bosses are endurance tests.~:)

Last edited:
I feel as if the Mech bosses are more of an endurance test rather than a bullet hell, since most of the screen will be filled with bullets and lasers everywhere! Plantera is a “circle to defeat” boss, Golem is another endurance test, Lunatic is a pseudo-bullet hell, and Moon Lord is a endurance test and pseudo-bullet hell boss. ~:)

"Since most of the screen will be filled with bullets and lasers everywhere"? Isn't that basically bullet hell?

"Since most of the screen will be filled with bullets and lasers everywhere"? Isn't that basically bullet hell?

True, but most (some do not) bullet hells have ways to avoid most, if not all projectiles. I just feel as if bosses like the Destroyer and Moon Lord are filled with unavoidable chip damage that chip away a player’s health down. Maybe the new boss will have a more “patterned,” but “difficult-to-track” bullet hell pattern. ~:)

Last edited:
1.4 should be really fun, and it has some suspense to it unlike 1.3 mobile where we know everything about the update.
In 1.4. we don’t know all of the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom