Terraria State of the Game - July 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
At some point add split screen to pc?.
It would be great and super fun to play with friends on one screen

Can you also add a summoner staff, that craftable, and pre-bosses/pre-EoW? Because maximum, that you can get before queen bee or EoW - Snapthorn, and a vampire frog staff. And also something like item bestiary, because you can forget some items, and a journey mode duplication tab: Unused materials (materials, which craftable items is not researched yet)? This would be nice additions to 1.4.1, or 1.4.2.

Thnx for that. But, when really the 1.4 Mobile will released?
I know it will have delays but, I hope not in 2021 or further.
We Mobile players are tired of waiting for decades....

the game hasn't even existed for a decade.

also, mobile players literally have screenshots and footage of 1.4 being worked on and a confirmation for this year.

meanwhile, console players have nothing.

maybe take that into consideration before complaining so much? %-_-

not to mention, some of us may not even make it to 1.4's release... so consider yourself blessed.

it's like listening to a rich kid complain that he doesn't have enough money while standing around homeless people.

Edit: sorry if my post comes off a bit snappy... life is just draining me from being so miserable, and hearing people complain when they have it so good really gets to me.

watching and listening to PC players enjoy 1.4, or worse, complain about it... and listening to mobile players complain about not having it when they have information, screenshots, footage, and confirmation for this year, while console players get nothing... not a single word... it's maddening.

i might have to just step away from these forums for a few months, and probably the internet altogether... cause on top of everything else, it's just too much.

Last edited:
Edit: sorry if my post comes off a bit snappy... life is just draining me from being so miserable, and hearing people complain when they have it so good really gets to me.

watching and listening to PC players enjoy 1.4, or worse, complain about it... and listening to mobile players complain about not having it when they have information, screenshots, footage, and confirmation for this year, while console players get nothing... not a single word... it's maddening.

i might have to just step away from these forums for a few months, and probably the internet altogether... cause on top of everything else, it's just too much.
Yeah I get what you are saying, so far console is the only thing that I really am waitintb for to hear about 1.4, so I know when I can start working towards preparing stuff to get into 1.4, I have mobile and pc too, but I understand the annoyance, I’m kind of waiting on a mouse for my mobile so I can play with ease, but still my question of will keyboard and mouse get customization controls in 1.4 still has not been answered, I would just like to configure the escape button from settings to inventory, but yeah annoying about getting nothing, but we still at least get some approvments on console so I don’t have to use auto target every single time

also, mobile players literally have screenshots and footage of 1.4 being worked on and a confirmation for this year.

not to mention, some of us may not even make it to 1.4's release... so consider yourself blessed.

it's like listening to a rich kid complain that he doesn't have enough money while standing around homeless people.

Thnx for your miserable speech.....

That's also what I feed right now.😔

The 1.4 update hasn’t even been out that long for pc, and mobile has to go from 1.3.1 to 1.4. What ever, be patient it will treat you better in the long run

The vanity looks awesome...........................................

kinda makes me hope the fish boi Bubblehead is modded in once 1.4 reaches the modded times.

by time 1.4.1 releases..........i just get these right away

(gasps) Terraria Hogwarts houses!!!
i think?!?
(Edit: Solardor, Vortexclaw, Stardustpuff, Nebulin?!?)
(Edit Edit: I was up at 2:00 watching gamer memes when i came up with this.)

Last edited:
so this is a question that revolves around Vanity and armor effects in general. With the upcoming patches, will we be able to toggle off certain armor effects such as the transparency of the full set of spectre armor? I heavily enjoy the color and looks of certain armor but it gets agitating when you turn almost invisible. (personally, it doesn't bother me, but its just something that would be interesting for other armors.)

I'm kind of doubting the ability to mod Terraria will be involved in console 1.4. The best way to do that would be paid dlc or something. That said I'm not sure if I'd want mods outside of the PC version.

Greetings Terrarians!

Things just keep getting hotter outside... and inside the development work and community for Terraria! This month's State of the Game is packed with cool tidbits for everyone, as we wind through the Summer months on the way to the next releases for each platform . All that said, let's dive into the latest and greatest across the board!

index.php

STATE OF THE GAME - TABLE OF CONTENTS

PC NEWS

TMODLOADER NEWS

CONSOLE/SWITCH NEWS

MOBILE NEWS

COMMUNITY NEWS

index.php

PC - RE-LOGIC

We hope everyone is finding some way to stay cool as things really start to heat up outside! The Terraria PC team has remained hard at work on additional fixes as well as a handful of cool things that are going into the upcoming 1.4.1 release! We still have a good amount of work to do there, but we are definitely making strong progress.

View attachment 283913

We know that one thing everyone will be interested to see is the Vanity Contest Armors, right? Well, here is a quick sneak peek at how these have come out so far. You will have to wait to see further details such as animations, tooltips, how to find these, etc... but we hope that you enjoy what you are seeing so far. We feel like these came out really well and are true to the artists' vision. Coming your way with 1.4.1!

index.php

SOUNDTRACK UPDATES

TERRARIA: OTHERWORLD SOUNDTRACK

The Terraria: Otherworld Soundtrack is now available on iTunes, Google Play, etc. as well as streaming services such as Spotify - we hope that you are continuing to enjoy these epic tunes! If you haven't checked it out on Steam as well, we have upgraded all of the MP3's to 320 kb/s, added a lossless high quality WAV branch, and there is an additional epic track from award-winning composer James Hannigan that has been added since it was released!

SPOTIFY

For now, we are going to toss the Spotify link above for your listening pleasure!

----

TERRARIA SOUNDTRACK: VOLUME 4
As for the additional music tracks from Journey's End, we have these more or less ready to go - and we are planning on the same 320 kb/s MP3/HQ WAV approach that we have on Otherworld now when this rolls out. Our current plan is to release this soundtrack update alongside the 1.4.1 update!

index.php

Be sure that you are up-to-date with the latest and greatest on this front via the Hotfix Changelog... and keep your bug reports coming via the handy bug report button below!

Terraria: Journey's End - Hotfix Changelog

index.php

What's next? Well, we are trying to be sure that we tie off all of the loose ends that we want to with 1.4.1... so hang with us a bit longer as we do just that. After that? Well, we shall see...

Thanks again, Terrarians - we are as always blown away by your support!

Back to Table of Contents
index.php

TMODLOADER NEWS - TML TEAM

View attachment 284162

The tModLoader team is working on updating tModLoader to the latest Terraria content. We are happy that several modders in the community have been contributing code and ideas as we work to rework tModLoader to be better than ever, and invite interested modders to voice their opinions regarding upcoming changes to the tModLoader API on our discord server. We're extremely happy to see tModLoader consistently in the top 100 Steam games by player count since tModLoader released on Steam. This has really encouraged the tModLoader team. We've seen over a million Terraria users try tModLoader on Steam since the release a couple months ago. Even though tModLoader is still in the process of updating to Jouneys End content, the modding scene is as active as ever and we encourage anyone interested in mods to give it a try.

index.php

TMODLOADER ISSUES/BUGS

The Re-Logic team does not directly develop TML, so bugs with TML are best reported via the links below.

tModLoader - Play Terraria with Mods!

https://tmodloader.net/discord

index.php

PlayStation 4, XBOX ONE, Nintendo Switch - PIPEWORKS

Additional Console Fixes and Quality of Life Patch Coming Soon!

The Quality of Life Update that we mentioned last month has passed internal QA checks and other approval steps. We expect to be able to submit this up to Microsoft/Sony very soon and roll it out to you in the very near future.

index.php

NINTENDO SWITCH

So, last month, we shared the handful of bug fixes that are coming for Terraria on Nintendo Switch, along with a few news updates on items such as Split Screen, etc. Well, for July, we have some late-breaking developments to share that we suspect will make folks quite pleased.

As we had mentioned for some time, once 1.3.5 was complete and hotfixed, Split Screen would have another chance to make it across the finish line. Over the last several weeks, the team has made a concerted effort to get Split Screen working at a level that is playable and fun. A few factors and a lot of hard work and creativity went into this. The short version is that the team needed to find a way to execute on Split Screen that had acceptable performance levels. The initial attempts here focused around zoom levels, which created a very playable version, but with a zoom level that really did not feel the best (you couldn't see the Moon Lord's third eye, for example).

Over the last week or so, the team has had a few breakthroughs that have allowed the zoom level to come up substantially without causing an overmuch drop in performance vs the previous zoomed-in version. This version is undergoing internal and QA review as we speak, but the team is feeling pretty good that Split Screen will - at long last - make it into your hands with this next update. Hopefully with the zoomed out version that is being tested now!

We will leave you with this little sneak peak of Split Screen running on Switch to whet your appetite. Cross your fingers that all goes well with testing and we can get this out to you soon!

index.php

MOBILE - DR STUDIOS

Hello everyone!

Did you spot all of the many spoilers in last month's State of the Game Teaser Video? There were quite a few indeed!

The team has continued to make big strides in both implementation and testing of the metric tons of new content and features as well as all of the new gameplay systems and UI elements that are needed to execute everything from 1.3.1 - 1.4.0.5. As we will continue to make clear, we still have a lot of work ahead of us in the realm of polish and iterations and testing... but we are feeling great about the state of things right now. That said, let's take a look at the latest and greatest, shall we?

Remember that these are early development builds, so UI elements are subject to change and you very likely will see bugs (especially visual bugs or performance things) in any of these early screens or short videos. Don't worry, we will get all of those ironed out before the end.

View attachment 283823

For certain, the 1.4 content steals the show a lot of the time, but we would be remiss to not take a few moments to share how we are currently looking to implement 1.3.X content - and one of the big ticket items on that front is everyone's favorite wiring tool, the Grand Design! Here you can see our current version of this, with tappable icons to toggle various functions on/off (the other features such as ruler settings, wire brightness, and even Torch God's Favor are available as toggles in the inventory screen)

"How about some 1.4 goodies?", we hear you saying. Sure, sure... how about a quick preview of Pylons in action, with a dash of thundersnow for good measure?​

We know you all want more information on timing - still nothing concrete there, but we hope that you can see that real progress is being made and it is coming together nicely. Final launch timing will again come down to iterations between DR Studios and Re-Logic on UI design elements (and there are a lot of them!) as well as the massive ton of testing that will be needed on both sides... which is well underway.

We hope this little sneak peak has kept you satiated for now... more to come along our own path to Journey's End!

index.php

COMMUNITY

The Celestial Pillars are Invading

View attachment 284132

Stay tuned because next month we have a big announcement on an exciting new community feature.

index.php

United Servers of Discord

The Terraria community has now established alliances with 5 of the top 20 servers on Discord including r/Overwatch, Anime Soul, r/LeagueOfLegends, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and Roblox. The goal of these alliances is to bring top communities together, help each other reach our potential, and establish entertaining events that are mutually enjoyable. Our alliance network continues to expand with exciting potential and we look forward to announcing some truly innovative events in the future.

View attachment 284133View attachment 284134View attachment 284135
View attachment 284136View attachment 284137View attachment 284138

We currently have Animal Crossing and Roblox art events accepting votes! You can vote on your favorite event submissions here:

Roblox:
Terraria x Roblox Art Event Voting Gauntlet

Animal Crossing: Terraria x Animal Crossing: New Horizons Art Event Voting Gauntlet

index.php

Shout Out to Our Community Teams
We wanted to give a very special shout out to some incredible members of the Terraria family who go up and beyond to help make the Terraria community such a wonderful place.

Terraria Community Forums: Tunnel King, Aurora3500, Charmander27, Criddle, Darthmorf, Doylee, ExoticCharm, Kazzymodus, Kelp, Matsu, Nike Leon, and Unit One.

Terraria Discord Server: dunkasaur#0001, demize#0021, Ourself#0001, DisturbedTK#0001, myungceline#1111, Squid#0360, MadMan2021#2021, XeeDren#3850, Nobody#4333, Avery#6969, Spooklies#0199, Coleyohley#3145, Cytherean#3865, Davyous#0222, Blanc#6336, Jimbo#0007, Ajax#3930, Starless#7416, Pemoinop#3249, Nurtemms#9152, Saply#7011, Honeyko#0001, Lucina#7777, FindingEDEN#0011, Midnaait#3169, 94067#0123, Olivecattyfo#3333, Hifume#5050, roflmoaqwerty#0420, Ruzike#6578, Alucarian#7559, and Shadowflame#0017

r/terraria: DisturbedTK, SirGrodus, Dunkasaur, dyholm796, notdemize, Ourselfian, Helljumperz64, edcellwarrior, 94067, 7ejk, Brawhalla_, BrkIt, GoldenTGraham, gamefreac, and Aracite

Terraria Community Team: darthmorf#5524, demize#0021, DisturbedTK#0001, MadMan2021#2021, Ourself#0001, Srsonic1#1113, TheTGU#6529, InstaFiz#0417, Magefire#9668, Squid#0360, Vamp#2201, Uncle Danny#7694, and Wing/¯3#6664,

Thank you all for everything that you do for the community. We appreciate your worthwhile contributions and presence in our lives. The Terraria community would not be as enjoyable without you. Everyone please join us in giving these remarkable Terrarians a round of applause.
Please, add split screen on PC version (for example one person on gamepad and another on mouse+keyboard). It would be great. I know similar mod exists, but I want it in vanilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom