Terraria State of the Game - July 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is great, you have done a-lot of work, but im still sad that these are the last updates, terraria has come a far way, i remember when the terrablade was the best weapon and the last boss was duke fishron on mobal, and playstation and xbox have come a long way, good luck with the more work,

this is great, you have done a-lot of work, but im still sad that these are the last updates, terraria has come a far way, i remember when the terrablade was the best weapon and the last boss was duke fishron on mobal, and playstation and xbox have come a long way, good luck with the more work,
Yeah same here, also umm duke fishron wasn’t the last boss, you could fight him in early hardmode if you had skill..... yeah he just drops lesser healing potions........ that’s what I remember(actually I remember from heart because well.... 3ds.....)

4 player SPLITSCREEN was never on a store page
I don't have a screenshot, as I usually don't take screenshots for each thing I buy (for others: do it for just anything you pay for!!!) and nintendo.de is explixitely excluded from the wayback machine.
But please consider me being able to take an informed buying decision - based on information available.
Caused by reasons mentioned above I'm not able to prove, that it was listed with 4 player local, but ok, it doesn't matter, as Nintendo and you got the money.
I really don't really see the perfomance-problem unsolveable in terms of development:
  • Drop eye-candy
    • On PC, I got lots of settings, so reduce stuff based on No of players
  • Drop content
    • I really don't need all that fancy vanity stuff, so also that could be excluded based on No of players
I assume, that many of the people arguing for split-screen here won't blame you, if the game is less pretty, but playable (if it is explained somewhere).

If the game-logic itself is such resource-consuming it's a massive architectural failure and you should take the current version for specification and begin from scratch. Personally, I'm an evangelist of green-it, thus having in mind that any redundant calculation is waste.

Ok, the last paragraph was rude, but sorry, I'm really heavily disappointed. Just wanna play (with my kids - daughter riding a unicorn)

This is my last statement in this case. I won't delete the account, but please don't await an more answer from my side.. I'm quite angry and really tired of all the excuses around. Sometimes all my kids will have their own laptop. Maybe then we give 505 and ReLogic another chance. Stuff, where Pipeworks is involved is by now boycotted. Sorry, girls and guys, but you simpy don't perform as I would demand it.

Best regards and farewell, especially to NSK, who also fought bravely on this frontier.

Maybe they’ll tell ya in the August state of game, but maybe it’ll come out this month or next month, I’m just really excited for it... finally daedles stormbow will be easier to use!

it's just when they said they're done with it and it'll be submitted "very soon" i would've expected us to have it within a week at most.

if we won't get word on its progress until the end of this month... what kinda picture does that paint for 1.4's progress?

not a whole lot of things giving me hope these days, so it's kinda hard to hang on.

it's just when they said they're done with it and it'll be submitted "very soon" i would've expected us to have it within a week at most.

if we won't get word on its progress until the end of this month... what kinda picture does that paint for 1.4's progress?

not a whole lot of things giving me hope these days, so it's kinda hard to hang on.
Well if about think about it mobile had to wait for the state of game to get 1.4 progress and so on forth. Also dr studios and pipeworks studios have it harder to give us updates about terraria considering they also have many other games they are associated with, and relogic(tell me if I’m wrong) has terraria, and nothing else(again tell me if I’m wrong sorry for the repeat) relogic also has these forums, pipeworks and dr studios could be busy with things like trying to ge things out as fast as possible(including other games etc maybe) and it would probably slow them down, but again I don’t know how everything works, so don’t quote me on this, this is what I just think might be happening, and I’m at least glad that we get info every month then never or once a year or... you herb the idea.
(This was not meantime to be rude, sorry if it was, I don’t know how you will interpret this, and I try to think about ways how it would sound rude, I’m hoping this doesn’t sound rude, doesn’t to me, and not in any other way I’m trying to think of—Greybrynn)

Well if about think about it mobile had to wait for the state of game to get 1.4 progress and so on forth. Also dr studios and pipeworks studios have it harder to give us updates about terraria considering they also have many other games they are associated with, and relogic(tell me if I’m wrong) has terraria, and nothing else(again tell me if I’m wrong sorry for the repeat) relogic also has these forums, pipeworks and dr studios could be busy with things like trying to ge things out as fast as possible(including other games etc maybe) and it would probably slow them down, but again I don’t know how everything works, so don’t quote me on this, this is what I just think might be happening, and I’m at least glad that we get info every month then never or once a year or... you herb the idea.
(This was not meantime to be rude, sorry if it was, I don’t know how you will interpret this, and I try to think about ways how it would sound rude, I’m hoping this doesn’t sound rude, doesn’t to me, and not in any other way I’m trying to think of—Greybrynn)

i get all of that, but regardless of my understanding of their situation, it doesn't change things... i'm desperate to experience 1.4 and it's arrival on console is up in the air.

i am growing more hopeless and increasingly depressed by the day.

not just from the lack of 1.4, of course... everything is making life more miserable, but 1.4 is one of the very few things i'm genuinely excited for to keep myself going.

with so few things to look forward to, especially with the pandemic showing no signs of stopping or even slowing down... life sucks. %:sigh:

i get all of that, but regardless of my understanding of their situation, it doesn't change things... i'm desperate to experience 1.4 and it's arrival on console is up in the air.

i am growing more hopeless and increasingly depressed by the day.

not just from the lack of 1.4, of course... everything is making life more miserable, but 1.4 is one of the very few things i'm genuinely excited for to keep myself going.

with so few things to look forward to, especially with the pandemic showing no signs of stopping or even slowing down... life sucks. %:sigh:
yeah life does suck right now, I get what your saying, but pipeworks is also trying to give us quality(was about to spell that with a c lol) improvements to the game which I am grateful for, but let’s hope that it won’t take long for 1.4 to come out to consoles.

I don't have a screenshot, as I usually don't take screenshots for each thing I buy (for others: do it for just anything you pay for!!!) and nintendo.de is explixitely excluded from the wayback machine.
But please consider me being able to take an informed buying decision - based on information available.
Caused by reasons mentioned above I'm not able to prove, that it was listed with 4 player local, but ok, it doesn't matter, as Nintendo and you got the money.
I really don't really see the perfomance-problem unsolveable in terms of development:
  • Drop eye-candy
    • On PC, I got lots of settings, so reduce stuff based on No of players
  • Drop content
    • I really don't need all that fancy vanity stuff, so also that could be excluded based on No of players
I assume, that many of the people arguing for split-screen here won't blame you, if the game is less pretty, but playable (if it is explained somewhere).

If the game-logic itself is such resource-consuming it's a massive architectural failure and you should take the current version for specification and begin from scratch. Personally, I'm an evangelist of green-it, thus having in mind that any redundant calculation is waste.

Ok, the last paragraph was rude, but sorry, I'm really heavily disappointed. Just wanna play (with my kids - daughter riding a unicorn)

This is my last statement in this case. I won't delete the account, but please don't await an more answer from my side.. I'm quite angry and really tired of all the excuses around. Sometimes all my kids will have their own laptop. Maybe then we give 505 and ReLogic another chance. Stuff, where Pipeworks is involved is by now boycotted. Sorry, girls and guys, but you simpy don't perform as I would demand it.

Best regards and farewell, especially to NSK, who also fought bravely on this frontier.

NSK gives his regards. He is unable to post here now because whenever he logs in he is redirected to a care bear website. He thinks it is because he upset some people here.

Anyway, I also am incredibly disappointed with the split screen situation. It's been over a year since people were lied to and are still waiting. It will be interesting to see its release

Its a shame to see Pipeworks basically skip over any news of 1.4 in this state of the game even though they were planning to release some info in this one, looks like my waiting was for naught and I will have to continue my long wait, nice to see R-MKs wonderful vanity set ingame though

I think they should just put in 4p splitscreen but say that it may be SOOOPER LAGGY cause some splitscreen is better than none.

if they think splitscreen is laggy they should just look at there own game I can't even fight events like martian madness it is sooooo laggy. from the description of splitscreen in the older posts it is actually looking like an improvement to sp (jk I know it will be insanely bad lag at least on my switch).

I hope next part of 1.4 will include also a fix to the minor graphical issue with Stardust Guardian losing all its "transparency" effect when any dye is applied.
I'm really sad that i can no longer recreate my cool looking "Shadow Guardian" from before 1.4

More info here:

I take it mods wouldn't be available on console so technically it'd be a PC exclusive feature. Is that correct?

Not by design or intent - but if the multiple barriers/hurdles to making that a thing outside of PC cannot be overcome... then yes, it would be.

That is not to say there are not paths... but they are not easy ones and regardless, they will take time (including convincing TML and Mod creators to actually make versions for each platform - and that those versions would meet MS/Sony/etc specs) and may fail.

Makes sense. I've never played modded Terraria ( I need to)since I lack a computer that can handle the game long term. My current laptop shuts off after a while of play since one of the graphics cards is going bad. I can't afford a brand new computer right now either. From what I HAVE played of 1.4 I honestly can't wait for it to reach PS4/Xbone and Switch (IF Switch can even make it that far).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom