Terraria State of the Game - July 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
ready for submission in a few weeks?

so yeah, looking like september, then.

after that, the focus will be on switch, and then mobile, again...

...so we probably won't see 1.4.1 until next year.

which means i still won't be able to play terraria for probably another half a year.

i just can't bring myself to play without the content and changes 1.4.1 brought to the game. %:sigh:

Last edited:
Definitely looking like a September if not later release, on top of however long it's gonna take 1.4.1

well it definitely won't be later than september, unless something goes horribly wrong.

it sounds like it'll be submitted by time august's SotG comes around.

after that, probably another week or so of waiting, depending on how fast sony/microsoft get around to approving the update.

i feel like 1.4.1 wouldn't take TOO long... but since they're gonna focus on bringing the bulk of 1.4 to switch after this, and then probably go back to mobile to bring it up to parity with the PC version before continuing with consoles...

we probably won't be all caught up til spring of next year, and that's my least pessimistic estimate.

Ok so 1.4 is near and I'm wondering can you add tmod on ps4? I wanna play calamity
i wanna play calamity
Mostly likely will not able to any modded stuff on Xbox, Switch, PS. Because of companies rules. (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo) Plus how you will able to modded Terraria; you cannot able to access the files required by mods. PC and mobile is different story. It easy to mod on those platforms. Sorry buddy, but get PC for that. Another thing, Sony and Nintendo are really strict about their console and you somehow able to mod it. You are risking console warranty. If you the modded failed, you break your PS4 and Sony will not pay you to fix that. You need an new PS4. And bunch of other technical things you need to think about. Recommend, don't bother trying this. Get an PC! If you playing online, Sony maybe ban you for hacking.

Last edited:
@Loki Since I don't think I got the answer one month ago, I would like to ask you again. Will I be able to change this:
stats1.png

To this:
stats2.png

ready for submission in a few weeks?

so yeah, looking like september, then.

after that, the focus will be on switch, and then mobile, again...

...so we probably won't see 1.4.1 until next year.

which means i still won't be able to play terraria for probably another half a year.

i just can't bring myself to play without the content and changes 1.4.1 brought to the game. %:sigh:
Next month is August not September

So pretty much the same news for console as the last couple of sotgs consisting of "soon"
This quote fit perfectly.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."
-Shigeru Miyamoto

Game development take time. It better to wait it out until it is ready. If they rush 1.4 update, it will be a buggy mess.
For example, cyberpunk 2077 was a rushed game. It was a full of bugs. On Xbox one and PS4, it was unplayable. But games for example Terraria, ReLogic took their time to make Terraria. And it earned good reputation. But Cyperpunk, because of it bugs. It petty much destroy its repetition. And earned the title of one of worse game in recent history. Because of it was rushed. my point is to just wait. It will be worth it in end whenever it come out. 1.4 is coming to you!

So what I'm hearing is that an alpha of 1.4 tModloader is almost here and that console 1.4 is coming soon? This is excellent news!

So what I'm hearing is that an alpha of 1.4 tModloader is almost here and that console 1.4 is coming soon? This is excellent news!
Yes, a 1.4 alpha version is very soon. However, it has been stated many times that other platforms will never receive Tmod. There are too many complications for console, and mobile just straight up cant handle mods.

Yes, a 1.4 alpha version is very soon. However, it has been stated many times that other platforms will never receive Tmod. There are too many complications for console, and mobile just straight up cant handle mods.
Well, good thing I'm just a PC player. Such an exciting month for Terraria!

This quote fit perfectly.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."
-Shigeru Miyamoto

Game development take time. It better to wait it out until it is ready. If they rush 1.4 update, it will be a buggy mess.
I’ve seen plenty of things take it’s time and come out a buggy mess, examples being 1.3 for console and for a current day example the Risk of Rain 2 anniversary update on console, as great of a quote as that is it would be great if there weren’t plenty of examples that show it really doesn’t matter how long it takes to finish. Also, Cyberpunk wasn’t rushed, the game was in development for 9 years, if that doesn’t contradict that quote I don’t know what does. As much as I’d love to believe 1.4 will be great on console I don’t really think I have much reason to believe there won’t be some bugs or something that’ll hinder that. Considering what I have to deal with even now on console Terraria I don’t feel much reason to believe otherwise.

I’ve seen plenty of things take it’s time and come out a buggy mess, examples being 1.3 for console and for a current day example the Risk of Rain 2 anniversary update on console, as great of a quote as that is it would be great if there weren’t plenty of examples that show it really doesn’t matter how long it takes to finish. Also, Cyberpunk wasn’t rushed, the game was in development for 9 years, if that doesn’t contradict that quote I don’t know what does. As much as I’d love to believe 1.4 will be great on console I don’t really think I have much reason to believe there won’t be some bugs or something that’ll hinder that. Considering what I have to deal with even now on console Terraria I don’t feel much reason to believe otherwise.
We shall wait and see what happens in upcoming weeks. And about the Cyperpunk thing. Yes, I know it been in development for 9 years but why there so many game breaking bugs. Mmmm? CD Projekt, they rush development and the game was not ready for launch. And old gen console version was unplayable. So it was definitely rushed.

This even prove my point to this. I know you are exciting, but DON'T rush the developers. It not ready to launch. They are getting things ready for you to play. Bug free. And you will enjoy the update to it maximum potential! With very little bugs. Just wait it until it is ready. They said in few weeks. Fine, ready until mid August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom