Terraria State of the Game - July 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for delayed responses, but let me hit the highlights.

Submitted in a few weeks, barring some last minute snafus. Still some other stuff to get in, final tests, etc. Once its at MS/Sony... the timing is out of our collective hands as to how long they take to review, what they want fixed, etc... which is why we cannot give you "this is the date!" yet.

I would put that in the "very likely" camp - so definitely keep a close eye out. ;)

Work on parity for Mobile and Console will begin once Console hotfixes (there are ALWAYS some things missed) and then Switch are done. No idea of the ETA on that yet.

My PERSONAL preference for that parity update would be to have all platforms ready at once. That is just me speaking personally, though... I will have to see what DR thinks about the feasibility of that.

I will never say never on mods beyond PC. However, there are many, many obstacles to that... so that will have to be a "maybe someday, but cannot say yes" thing.

"Dash Button" has been a common request, so I know the team is aware of the desire. Can't promise what or when beyond that at this point.

I would say that "we are about to submit to MS/Sony" is a pretty substantial difference than a nebulous "progress is good, cannot give a date" comment. The uncontrollable timing of that review process is all that prohibits a date being given, really. :)

Not that I've seen in the options. I have shared it with DR, however - but to be fair, they have much bigger fish to fry (not discounting your issue, just saying).

The Alpha went out recently, yes. However, it bears repeating 1000x over that it is intended for DEVELOPERS and anyone using it should do so with a heavy dose of caveat emptor.

More details here > TML 1.4 Alpha & Progress Summary [01.08.2021] :: tModLoader General Discussions

I can 100% guarantee you the launch version will have some bugs. Every piece of software does, no matter how hard you test it. The key is getting those fixed up well and fast.

There is a LOT more going into this console update than what you would see with a "1.4 > 1.4.1" change.
Thank you for clearing that up for me!

"Dash Button" has been a common request, so I know the team is aware of the desire. Can't promise what or when beyond that at this point.
Alright. I really hope that team will add dash button in the next content update for Mobile ;)

We are about to enter The Parity Era? Never would I have though that a time like this would come.

Man I love this community so much. I love how open-minded, experimental and community oriented the folks at Re-logic are. Imagine that... A podcast style stage night! I LOVE THAT SO MUCH!!!! (I love podcasts and I really like the stage night discord feature too!)

not quite... we're only getting 1.4, there is still the 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 updates, which probably won't come til next year.

parity is still a ways off, even after we get 1.4.

Wait....
What exactly will happen when we all get "Parity"?

:0
I am very interested!
Once every version of Terraria is the same. In January State of game, they will at least try to do crossplay. But there is no guarantee it will be successful. But we shall see with time. This will take a while for everything to be the same.

Thread 'Terraria State of the Game - January 2021' Terraria State of the Game - January 2021

So what happens if we don't send DR our saved files? Does all our saves get wiped out by 1.4?
Nothing will happen if you don't, and your saves will not be wiped.

When the 1.4 update happens, our saves will have to be updated to fit the 1.4 content. Obviously, they need to make sure that process works perfectly, so people's worlds don't get corrupted. The best way of doing that is using real saves from various people.

If you send copies of your saves in, the ones on your PS4 will remain unaffected. They will be updated once 1.4 drops.

So what happens if we don't send DR our saved files? Does all our saves get wiped out by 1.4?
It's just as Calen said. No, your saves will not be wiped if you do nothing. But if you want to help DR Studios, you can send them a COPY of your saves so they can test the save transfer system. It's for the purposes of testing - DR Studios will not be keeping an inventory of everyone's save for them.

do have a chance to have a terraria translation pt-br on ps4? i'm brazilian very bad in english i'm using google translator

Nothing will happen if you don't, and your saves will not be wiped.

When the 1.4 update happens, our saves will have to be updated to fit the 1.4 content. Obviously, they need to make sure that process works perfectly, so people's worlds don't get corrupted. The best way of doing that is using real saves from various people.

If you send copies of your saves in, the ones on your PS4 will remain unaffected. They will be updated once 1.4 drops.
Ok. Thanks Calen and Unit One!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom