Terraria State of the Game - July 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have a problem: I posted my many suggestions in reddit on saturday but then I got banned till monday for posting them too fast with the reason it could have easily fitted in 1 thread. Due to that I was in travelling I could only use my mobile phone I posted my suggestions which had no images and then when I came back I'd post the suggestions with the images.
@Redigit @Leinfors @Loki @Safeman
I already asked the mods of r/terraria how not to get banned. I am sorry for the spam

Hello, I have a problem: I posted my many suggestions in reddit on saturday but then I got banned till monday for posting them too fast with the reason it could have easily fitted in 1 thread. Due to that I was in travelling I could only use my mobile phone I posted my suggestions which had no images and then when I came back I'd post the suggestions with the images.
@Redigit @Leinfors @Loki @Safeman
I already asked the mods of r/terraria how not to get banned. I am sorry for the spam
Just don't post on reddit. I believe there is a suggestion page here on the TCF. If you suggest something good the devs will notice, so don't spam them about it.

I noticed a mirror behind the merchant in the picture and is it made of coral blocks and will we be getting coral furniture? and what is in the item frame on the left side?

That's great news. Is there any news about how many coatings there might be? I know I already mentioned nagative, but couild there be a chance of a "gloom" coating (opposite of illuminant)? The ability to shade as well as add light would make for some incredible builds.

I noticed a mirror behind the merchant in the picture and is it made of coral blocks and will we be getting coral furniture? and what is in the item frame on the left side?
coral furniture has been revealed in one of the earlier state of games
edit: the thing on the left side is the thing that turns you into a wolf.
edit #2: the mirror that you are saying that is behind the merchant is probably a grandfather clock that is one of the coral furniture

I don't mean to imply that the issue is "unfixeable", but the coin reshuffling thing is a consequence of how various stacks of coins cease to exist during the deposit/conversion system, only to be replaced by new ones. Favoriting would not actually fix the issue you've described, and while a solution may exist, in my experience, Piggy Bank money code is sufficiently complex and delicate that attempts to fix it may cause serious bugs (and has done so in the past). Unfortunately, even doing everything you asked would be resolve that particular problem.
A possible kludge would be to prevent a favorited coin stack from disappearing by allowing it to exist as a stack of zero items. Would certainly be a kludge and depending at which level the whole "stack of zero item must be destroyed" code is placed it can be too troublesome to be worth the attempt.

Fully unrelated, quick request: allow defeating the Frost Legion to trigger Christmas, just like defeating the Frost Moon does. Would make it a bit easier and faster to get access to Santa. Also is there any reason why it's a hardmode exclusive event? It's not much tougher than a goblin invasion.

Fully unrelated, quick request: allow defeating the Frost Legion to trigger Christmas, just like defeating the Frost Moon does. Would make it a bit easier and faster to get access to Santa. Also is there any reason why it's a hardmode exclusive event? It's not much tougher than a goblin invasion.

That would be redundant as the frost legion requires Christmas to even become available.

> A possible kludge would be to prevent a favorited coin stack from disappearing by allowing it to exist as a stack of zero items
implementation and game design wise this would essentially mean having a fixed slot for copper, silver, gold and plat coins each and not allowing any interaction with them really
which then is not much different from not having coins as storable items at all

I would assume the monolith will operate like the fountains
I know it's not what you meant, but glowmask fountains would be great for hiding liquids, one for each of the liquids.
2. Tiles with glowmasks will have their glowmask become invisible, but they will not stop generating light. This allows for "invisible" light sources like torches.
Does that mean that teleporters will still blink when invisible? If so, could the Steampunker maybe sell non-blinking ones too? If she's in a graveyard or something? That way doorways won't need shadow-painted white gemspark walls emitting light, allowing for some hidden doorways.
Now, if only coins in your Piggy Bank didn't jump all over the inventory when using quick stack, I'd say the extra inventories have been perfected in 1.4.4.
If you favourite it, it should stay in the same place.

Leinfors explained this earlier so here’s a quote from the post
I don't mean to imply that the issue is "unfixeable", but the coin reshuffling thing is a consequence of how various stacks of coins cease to exist during the deposit/conversion system, only to be replaced by new ones. Favoriting would not actually fix the issue you've described, and while a solution may exist, in my experience, Piggy Bank money code is sufficiently complex and delicate that attempts to fix it may cause serious bugs (and has done so in the past). Unfortunately, even doing everything you asked would be resolve that particular problem.

Just don't post on reddit. I believe there is a suggestion page here on the TCF. If you suggest something good the devs will notice, so don't spam them about it.
The devs don't usually check through tcf suggestions because they are awash with suggestions of enemies, npcs, items, bosses etc, the devs look at reddit and twitter more often

Last edited:
And considering that presents are literally the only way of getting snow globes, my point stands.
'Kay. So I returned to a pre-1.4 world and I wanted to get the digging molecart but since all the progression had been in pre-1.4 the bestiary was basically empty and I got on a grind to fill it out. There was a large stockpile of snow globes available.

Opened Terraria to check it, just in case I'd missed something obvious all this time. You cannot favourite things in your Piggy Bank. I assume you meant in 1.4.4, but have they implied that you'll be able to favourite things in any storage space other than the Void Storage?

it's sounding like this actually will just be 1.4.4, it seems.

it's strangely funny, when actually aiming to create a bigger update than intended, it seems re-logic was unable to do so.

though, with them saying the only thing needed was a monster hunter crossover, which i doubt would've led to more than a single boss and a few extra items...

...why not just do something else to push it over the line?

it's sounding like this actually will just be 1.4.4, it seems.

it's strangely funny, when actually aiming to create a bigger update than intended, it seems re-logic was unable to do so.

though, with them saying the only thing needed was a monster hunter crossover, which i doubt would've led to more than a single boss and a few extra items...

...why not just do something else to push it over the line?

In my personal assessment (which I've been doing a lot lately in my free time), we are a fair bit away from an actual 1.5 size update. It would take more than a boss + boss drops to get us there, its not a case where we are close enough to nudge it over the line.

Though I don't believe think we were ever aiming "to create a bigger update than intended". This update IS actually already far larger than the intention originally was, the scope has grown tremendously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom