Terraria State of the Game - July 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no reason to have a monolith for coatings other than invisibility, is there?
Depends on the level of detail you want in your builds. Turning on the echo coating would make it look as if something has appeared from nowhere, but the illuminant coating needs to stay on, then one for each coating would be better. Or, if you want the "light" to get brighter but keep things invisible, then one monolith for each would help.

It also depends on how many coatings there will be; if there's scope for a few then it could get complicated. I know it's a niche issue but for people who build adventure maps it would be interesting to know. @Leinfors I assume from your
that there is only going to be one monolith..?

I MUST know the upcoming liquid LOL…how about a hint or pic showing color and biome perhaps of the liquid?

I’m curious definitely about the monolith but not sure I understand what is being discussed about the echo and illuminant coatings along with the whole one monolith vs multiple…do you mean multiple monoliths in an overlapping area?

I MUST know the upcoming liquid LOL…how about a hint or pic showing color and biome perhaps of the liquid?
I'm hoping it will be a glowing green toxic ooze that inflicts the poisoned/venom debuff. I'm not basing that on anything I've seen/heard, I've just always wanted to see it.
echo and illuminant coatings along with the whole one monolith vs multiple…do you mean multiple monoliths in an overlapping area?
So if one item has echo coating, and one has illuminant, but you want one to stay permanently on/off while the other is turned on/off.

For example, a block staying invisible, but a nearby wall gets brighter or dimmer depending on the monolith. If there's one monolith for all coatings, then this won't be possible.
I DO NOT WANT THE LIQUID TO BE THE C WORD
Corrosive?
Clear?
Claret?
Carrot juice?

THAT IS WHY I SAY ONLY 'C WORD' because I dont want to have problems 111
But even alluding to it is crass and pointless. You're either old enough to know better, or too young to be on this forum. Either way, keep it wholesome.

Ok I understand you now but I’ve seen nothing anywhere about an illuminant coating though it would make perfect sense to have for letting the light of the environment show when the blocks are not visible. would make for a great duo of coatings…perhaps a setting for the monolith for which of the two coatings or both to activate? The echo blocks I like as well but for stopping grass growth it would look like you would be walking on thin air.

I need to figure out quoting soon…

I’ve seen nothing anywhere about an illuminant coating
It was mentioned on a Chippy Gaming video, nothing's been confirmed yet. There was even talk of negative coating in the video, but again, nothing confirmed.
The echo blocks I like as well but for stopping grass growth it would look like you would be walking on thin air.
You can actuate the echo blocks, they'll still stop the grass growing.
I need to figure out quoting soon…
  1. Highlight the piece of text you want to quote, an option to quote or reply will appear over the highlighted text: click on "quote".
  2. Do this with all of the text you want to quote as separate comments, as I have in this reply.
  3. At the bottom of the page, below the comment box, is a button that says "insert quotes". Click it and follow the instructions.
  4. In the message you can place the cursor below each quote to reply to it.

I'm hoping it will be a glowing green toxic ooze that inflicts the poisoned/venom debuff. I'm not basing that on anything I've seen/heard, I've just always wanted to see it.

meh poison ok…but for green I would like to see SLIME/GOO like for the slimes but I definitely agree with perhaps adding both positive and/or negative effects to liquids other than just health damage. Ok I got partial quotes figured out…thanks @ED209.

Last edited:
I'm wondering a few things. 🤔 ☕
  1. If Red went through all this trouble to "fix" the Jungle Biome, does that mean he plans on adding "The Swap" alternate Biome finally?
  2. It'd make sense, considering the fact that the Devs want to add yet another type of Liquid to the game, which doesn't seem necessary outside of a newer type of Biome IMHO.
  3. If we do in-fact get a Swamp Biome, that likely means were getting newer alternate Items as well, a.) Ancient Cobalt/ Jungle Armor variant(s), b.) Jungle Crafted Weapon variants, c.) a possible alternate to the Honeycomb [Honey Block/ Liquid] mini-Biome.
  4. This would of course mean pre-Hardmode and Hardmode Enemy varients [comparable to the notorious Giant Tortoise enemy]!
  5. Possibly a new Boss [Golem alt]? 🧐 ☕
I'm also looking forward to a few things, as a Builder.
  • With Invisible Coating, I can finally make legit-looking Refrigerators, Outdoor Breaker Box, Side Doors, Patio Doors, Automatic Doors [Glass], and a legit "Retractable Roof" for Villa Homes!
  • I'm sure I don't need to say it, because most Builders already know just how valuable Invisible Coating will be if it's possible to use with Actuators [and to trigger the Monolith with Wires etc.]! I've been wanting to make Mega Man-style Boss Doors for years!
  • I'm sure that the Adventure Map applications are obvious, but I've got some reaaally good ideas for those! :naughty:
Also, what's up with this Neon Paint? I thought there were no more "slots" left to add more colors?? I really hope my game doesn't turn into a slideshow after 1.4.9 [1.5]... 🙃🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
A new alternate biome would definitely push this into 1.5 territory, new biomes are a major thing. Hallow was introduced in 1.1; Crimson and Snow were introduced in 1.2; Underground Desert, Marble, and Granite were introduced in 1.3; Graveyard and Oasis were introduced in 1.4.

But also we've seen that the Bestiary has gained 17 new entries (from 523 currently to 540), and we've been told that of these new entries, two are for the macaws and eight are for the town slimes (so they get separate entries, contrarily to the other town pets -- did the people wanting to catch them all sway the devs on that point?). That leaves only seven other new creatures. Definitely not enough for a full-fledged biome... As comparison, the jungle, between surface, underground, and temple sub-biome, features no less than six critters (soon to be eight with the macaws!), twenty monsters, and three bosses.

That all makes perfect sense, but here's what's weird about it... 🤔 ☕
  1. Red mentioned something about a Monster Hunter crossover [trolling or no], which would've certainly featured a new Boss +Items or Enemies [which would contradict the Bestiary info].
  2. One of the notable things about Monster Hunter are it's Jungle and Swamp Biomes [with unique gameplay features].
  3. "Kirin", the Boss that Red hinted at, would be the only "Lightning Element" user [I think], outside of the Player.
  4. Lastly, what a perfect reason to add in a newer Liquid, on-top of other clever, game-changing mechanics [Lighting Gimmick].
I know what we're being told or "hinted at", but somethings definitely up, especially talk about whether this Update is 1.4.9 or 1.5.

"The Swap" alternate Biome
yet another type of Liquid to the game
That gives me an idea for a 4th liquid: thick, bubbling mud that slows you down like honey.
Possibly a new Boss [Golem alt]?
If any biome needs a new boss it's the mushroom biome. Imagine, as you're converting the jungle to mushroom with the clentaminator, you spray a Plantera bulb, converting it to a mushroom variant of Plantera. And, as Plantera's name is a pun based on a (great) thrash metal band's name, the mushroom boss could be called "Moshroom".

That gives me an idea for a 4th liquid: thick, bubbling mud that slows you down like honey.

If any biome needs a new boss it's the mushroom biome. Imagine, as you're converting the jungle to mushroom with the clentaminator, you spray a Plantera bulb, converting it to a mushroom variant of Plantera. And, as Plantera's name is a pun based on a (great) thrash metal band's name, the mushroom boss could be called "Moshroom".
🤔 Interesting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom