Terraria State of the Game - July 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no Neon paint that I am aware of us mentioning. If you mean the idea of Illuminant Coating, then that would just be converting Illuminant Paint to use a different system.
Neon_Mushroom_Spoiler_01.jpg

I guess it's mostly me trying to make sense of whatever I'm looking at here. 🤔 ☕ There's certainly weird, interesting things you can do in Terraria to make someone do a doubletake, but I have no idea how this was done. Gemspark Wall doesn't have this strong a glow, and if this is some trick with Invisible Coating, I'm impressed!

That gives me an idea for a 4th liquid: thick, bubbling mud that slows you down like honey.
What has me the most hopeful and interested, is if we're getting "Classic Red" with this update, like 1.3.4 DD2 Crosssover Red. If so, here's what's interesting about your take on the fourth Liquid.
  1. It would be a very clever contrast to Honey [which heals you].
  2. If we get Mosquitoes as Flying Enemies, we may get Bleed Debuff instead of Poison.
    • Also, they'll likely be "aggressive/ evasive" Enemies, as opposed to Hornets.
  3. A newer Boss would make much more sense as an alt, seeing as how progression is already pretty smooth as of 1.4.3.
  4. The Fourth Liquid would make much more sense IMHO in an alt Biome to Jungle if Hive/ Honeycomb, as I don't really see where it would fit anywhere else in the game that makes sense?
  5. It would give the Devs an excuse to modify the Ocean Biome if a Swamp was connected to it, similar to the Sulphurous Sea [Calamity Mod], an area I found to be pretty impressive, though I'm not a fan of most of the features.

If any biome needs a new boss it's the mushroom biome. Imagine, as you're converting the jungle to mushroom with the clentaminator, you spray a Plantera bulb, converting it to a mushroom variant of Plantera. And, as Plantera's name is a pun based on a (great) thrash metal band's name, the mushroom boss could be called "Moshroom".
That'd be a nice lil' touch, seeing as how we have Giant Fungi Bulbs already! Either way, if this is what Red is planning... a Monster Hunter Crossover would actually be quite amazing, as the DD2 Content felt pretty authentic to the source material, though with obvious 3D to 2D limitations... 🤔 ☕

Last edited:
Hi, so i dont know if im posting this in the right spot or whatever but i just really wantede to say that any sort of elephant pet or mount would be an amazing addition! thanks.:happy:🐘

I guess it's mostly me trying to make sense of whatever I'm looking at here. 🤔 ☕ There's certainly weird, interesting things you can do in Terraria to make someone do a doubletake, but I have no idea how this was done.
The tweet this image is from explained it: painted glowing mushroom will now glow in the color they're painted. So it's not neon paint, just regular paint.

However, we should be getting Neon Bricks crafted with the glowing mosses...

The Fourth Liquid would make much more sense IMHO in an alt Biome to Jungle if Hive/ Honeycomb
I meant it for the swamp biome, an alt for the jungle.
No offense but that's pretty boring / underwhelming ..
I'd much prefer my idea of a glowing green toxic goo that gives poisoned/venom debuffs, but the mud would be like a honey without the healing benefits.
  1. It would be a very clever contrast to Honey [which heals you].
Exactly.
The tweet this image is from explained it: painted glowing mushroom will now glow in the color they're painted. So it's not neon paint, just regular paint.

However, we should be getting Neon Bricks crafted with the glowing mosses...
Aren't they commenting on the ongoing "poo blocks" saga?

Fair enough, I don't have Twitter so I'm only going on what I hear on Chippy's videos.
I don't have Twitter either! I just sometimes look at it when looking for news. When it shows the nag screen about signing up, just click on "sign in" and then close the box it opens instead of filling its form. ;)
now time for state of the game august
It's usually at the very end of the month that the SOTG thread is revealed to the public. Just look at the date of the first reply to this one: July 29.

i think the 4th liquid should be quicksand
I like that idea but I don’t think it would be a liquid just a block with more physics properties to it but a great idea!

Some ideas I have for liquids would be cyan colored healing water that heals you standing in it on the sky islands, red blood in the crimson that gives diseased debuff, green goo or slime in the jungle that gives poison debuff, black oil in the corruption that gives toxic debuff, and pink bubbling gum giving off bubbles every few seconds you can ride on upwards in the hallow. I also like the idea of then adding more block types that can be made from combining 2 different liquid types.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom